ADVERTISEMENT

NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias at organization

Why do you think that matters? Do you think there was a time when Republicans made up a large percentage of the total?

LOL

Take out 'independents', and imagine there are only two political affiliations that people could claim.

Mathematically, can you recognize how extreme an outcome 87-0 is from a normal distribution vis-à-vis society at large?

LOL

Take out 'independents', and imagine there are only two political affiliations that people could claim.

Mathematically, can you recognize how extreme an outcome 87-0 is from a normal distribution vis-à-vis society at large?

They can't possibly believe what they're spewing in this thread.

Those who matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter in this situation.

NPR isn't losing any die hard listeners as all their listeners are highly progressive or they listen for entertainment and are far right. Do any Independents/moderates listen to NPR?

NPR isn't losing any die hard listeners as all their listeners are highly progressive or they listen for entertainment and are far right. Do any Independents/moderates listen to NPR?

Do you support continued public funding?

Weird how NPR is one of the most unbiased and fact-based news sources when you look at the data...

LOL

What. Was. It. Before?

Not one second of your whining means a damn thing if you don't have that information. And take your little puppy with you when you leave. TIA

What. Was. It. Before?

Not one second of your whining means a damn thing if you don't have that information. And take your little puppy with you when you leave. TIA
How. Far. Is. It. From. The. Norm?

And you can't even acknowledge it.

I can't find an online calculator to give me the odds of more than 30 coin flips in a row coming up heads.

What kind of scientific notation do we need to find 87 in a row?

LOL

Fox isn't any worse than MSNBC. CNN was that bad, but is trying to clean itself up a little.

NewsNation is where all eyes should be at this point. It's easily the most balanced cable news network.

JFC

Edit: newsnation is as right and biased they come. They advertise as unbiased, ala Fox News. It's so easy to trick the dumb and manipulative. Want to find out if you are being duped...go to multiple sources. And not conservative sources.

Get out of the conservative media circus. You will not be as entertained, but the world will come into focus.

Last edited:
Do you support continued public funding?

Absolutely. Listener contributions and corporate sponsorship make up a majority of NPR's revenue. The rest is.handled by the Public Broadcasting Act. You could always try to get that amended if you disagree with it. It's been around for 50+ years.

Reactions: Ree4 and TC Nole OX
All you conservatives can blow Hannity and suck his jizz. Whose first in line? Tradition? Northern? Take photos!

That dick can screw himself. Sewer networks control almost all the media. Keep their fvcking hands off what's the remaining intelligent broadcaster.

How. Far. Is. It. From. The. Norm?

And you can't even acknowledge it.

I can't find an online calculator to give me the odds of more than 30 coin flips in a row coming up heads.

What kind of scientific notation do we need to find 87 in a row?

LOL
Well, you’re starting to get it. It’s like the girl trying to grab the dollar bill from the fishing pole…almost. The entire point here - pay close attention - neither you nor the person who wrote the article has any clue what the norm was. Without that, your whining is pointless. Get busy tracking that down.

The entire point here - pay close attention - neither you nor the person who wrote the article has any clue what the norm was. Without that, your whining is pointless. Get busy tracking that down.
The norm is society, you know, the audience.
The public funding it.

Now, what are the odds, picking at random from society at large, that you’d get as extreme a result as NPR’s hiring practices demonstrate?

Can you generate that number?

P^n

Where P is the probability of an outcome occurring and n is the number of flips/trials/tests/events/etc.

Mind bottling for some, I know. Fear not…whatever device you are using to post here can easily calculate the answer.

Last edited:
The norm is society, you know, the audience.
The public funding it.

Now, what are the odds, picking at random from society at large, that you’d get as extreme a result as NPR’s hiring practices demonstrate?

Can you generate that number?
WTH are you blabbering about? That has not one thing to do with the point. I think you’ve finally tumbled to the fact that 87-0 is meaningless without that context and are now trying desperately to deflect. The other option is that you can’t read.

Weird how NPR is one of the most unbiased and fact-based news sources when you look at the data...

I see nothern posts his typical ha ha emoji to a subject requiring intelligence beyond his level.

He actually anyone will believe he listens to NPR?

JFC

Edit: newsnation is as right and biased they come. They advertise as unbiased, ala Fox News. It's so easy to trick the dumb and manipulative. Want to find out if you are being duped...go to multiple sources. And not conservative sources.

Get out of the conservative media circus. You will not be as entertained, but the world will come into focus.
You haven't watched newsnation have you? Are you confusing it with newsmax or OAN? Those are as right wing as they come.

Then you say get news from multiple sources, but not conservative ones... How the eff is that going to give you an objective world view?

Tell me you're in a left wing bubble without telling me you're in a left wing bubble.

WTH are you blabbering about?

How far removed the staff of NPR is from the public at large in viewpoint diversity.
Keep up.

I think you’ve finally tumbled to the fact that 87-0 is meaningless without that context and are now trying desperately to deflect.
What I've tumbled upon is the fact that you'll desperately deflect from showing us just how far removed 87-0 is from the public at large.

P^n

Where P is the probability of an outcome occurring and n is the number of flips/trials/tests/events/etc.

Mind bottling for some, I know. Fear not…whatever device you are using to post here can easily calculate the answer.
Google Sheets breaks after the 33rd iteration. Just comes back with 0 after that.

Excel will go farther: 6.46235E-27

Or: 0.000000000000000000000000646235% chance of getting the same staff via random selection from the public at large.

That's a helluva parlay.

Han had much better odds of getting through the asteroid field.

Last edited:

I can't say I agree with uri's politics but I have nothing but respect for his principles here. NPR is a lost cause at this point, gone the way of USA today. Sad because both were respectable publications for years and years. Unfortunately wokeism destroys everything it touches.

I listen regularly while on runs.

Interesting. Sanity in an ocean of insanity. Do you ignore some of what you hear or turn the volume down at times?

When I happened across Limbaugh I listened for a few minutes and that was it. I couldn't believe anyone would listen to such garbage. I mean, even for comic relief this was horrible. Later as his fame grew, I did the same thing. He was National Enquirer on the radio. Worse.

WHO radio, 1040 AM is the station I grew up listening to. Iowa sports and intelligent talk radio were the staple. Then conservative money and influence moved in and all you hear is right wing features and agendas. 24-7 immigration, gender, crime, Orange Turd, etc. issues.

Comparing Limbaugh to NPR is the polar world today despite Limbaugh's departure through death.

My only exposure to NPR is their "Up First" podcast, which I listen to almost every morning. Everything is fact based, but they definitely put a left-leaning spin on things.

That's far different than Fox News, OAN, etc that is straight up propaganda and doesn't even pretend to be fact based.

Reactions: Ree4
My only exposure to NPR is their "Up First" podcast, which I listen to almost every morning. Everything is fact based, but they definitely put a left-leaning spin on things.

That's far different than Fox News, OAN, etc that is straight up propaganda and doesn't even pretend to be fact based.
NPR lied about the hunter biden laptop. Not the kind of thing fact tellers do, just saying.

I can't say I agree with uri's politics but I have nothing but respect for his principles here. NPR is a lost cause at this point, gone the way of USA today. Sad because both were respectable publications for years and years. Unfortunately wokeism destroys everything it touches.

He very likely has a much better paying job lined up with some right wing outlet and had the new job lined up well before writing his screed. I suspect that we will eventually learn that this was manufactured to stir up a grievance to feed to the cult.

oh no...the people who already thought every single non-explicitly-trump-supporting news outlet was terrible doesn't like NPR

He very likely has a much better paying job lined up with some right wing outlet and had the new job lined up well before writing his screed. I suspect that we will eventually learn that this was manufactured to stir up a grievance to feed to the cult.

87-0 combined with the new CEOs history of tweets should tell you that this wasn't manufactured.

And with that, I find it hilarious that you call others a cult.

Reactions: Scruddy
87-0 combined with the new CEOs history of tweets should tell you that this wasn't manufactured.

And with that, I find it hilarious that you call others a cult.

As has been pointed out several times, 87-0 is a made up number. The “poor victim” has no way of knowing the politics of all his now former co-workers.

As has been pointed out several times, 87-0 is a made up number. The “poor victim” has no way of knowing the politics of all his now former co-workers.
Note that when he presented his findings they weren't disputed.
You're the only person I've seen dispute them. Certainly no one from NPR disputes it.
And yet you've done so having done nothing to know otherwise.

In recent years I’ve struggled to answer that question. Concerned by the lack of viewpoint diversity, I looked at voter registration for our newsroom. In D.C., where NPR is headquartered and many of us live, I found 87 registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans. None.

So on May 3, 2021, I presented the findings at an all-hands editorial staff meeting. When I suggested we had a diversity problem with a score of 87 Democrats and zero Republicans, the response wasn’t hostile. It was worse. It was met with profound indifference. I got a few messages from surprised, curious colleagues. But the messages were of the “oh wow, that’s weird” variety, as if the lopsided tally was a random anomaly rather than a critical failure of our diversity North Star.

In a follow-up email exchange, a top NPR news executive told me that she had been “skewered” for bringing up diversity of thought when she arrived at NPR. So, she said, “I want to be careful how we discuss this publicly.”

He said he looked up voter registrations for the NPR newsroom in 2021 and found that in the city's headquarters of Washington, D.C., there were 87 registered Democrats in NPR editorial positions and "zero Republicans."

He said he looked up voter registrations for the NPR newsroom in 2021 and found that in the city's headquarters of Washington, D.C., there were 87 registered Democrats in NPR editorial positions and "zero Republicans."

Like a mommy blogger, “he did his research.”

One of his former co-workers pointing out that the "poor victim" is FOS:

"This article needed a better editor. I don’t know who, if anyone, edited Uri’s story, but they let him publish an article that discredited itself.

I discussed one example on stage in San Antonio. The article made headlines for Uri’s claim that he “looked at voter registration for our newsroom” in Washington, D.C., and found his “editorial” colleagues were unanimously registered Democrats—87 Democrats, 0 Republicans.

I am a prominent member of the newsroom in Washington. If Uri told the truth, then I could only be a registered Democrat. I held up a screenshot of my voter registration showing I am registered with “no party.” Some in the crowd gasped. Uri had misled them.

NPR says its content division has 662 people around the world, including far more than 87 in Washington. The article never disclosed this context. (NPR doesn’t ask employees about their voter registration; I don’t know how Uri learned the 87 registrations he says he found.)

When I asked Uri, he said he “couldn’t care less” that I am not a Democrat. He said the important thing was the “aggregate”—exactly what his 87-0 misrepresented by leaving out people like me. While it’s widely believed that most mainstream journalists are Democrats, I’ve had colleagues that I was pretty sure were conservative (I don’t ask), and I’ve learned just since Uri’s article that I am one of several NPR hosts of “no party” registration."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT