ADVERTISEMENT

NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias at organization

A completely uncorroborated number. He wrote for a competing site. Started by neoconservatives. That he refused to vet. Yeah if it sounds fishy it probably is.
its not fishy though...its what any reasonable person should expect

if you are an employee of one news organization and you write an article for another news organization for the sole purpose of criticizing your employer, why would anyone be shocked that the person is suspended (for 5 days, BTW)?

its not fishy though...its what any reasonable person should expect

if you are an employee of one news organization and you write an article for another news organization for the sole purpose of criticizing your employer, why would anyone be shocked that the person is suspended (for 5 days, BTW)?
Why?

First amendment.

If he said anything that's false, now the company has repercussions to pursue.

A completely uncorroborated number.

I have searched repeatedly for a headcount of staffers and editors at the NPR DC office. I can't find anything. 87 editors seems like a lot for one office, even if it is in the nation's capital. It is very likely fabricated like most everything put forward on this subject by the disgruntled ex-employee.

For comparison, the NY Times has 1,700 writers and 25 editors

Last edited:
Where?

Pretty early in the day for blatant lies Joe.
Psst. Joe isn’t aiming for truth. He fancies himself a message board flame thrower who loves to pick a different thread every day and start 💩 then sit back and watch. Notice he’s usually gone by late afternoon.
It’s that sundowner thingy.

Psst. Joe isn’t aiming for truth. He fancies himself a message board flame thrower who loves to pick a different thread every day and start 💩 then sit back and watch. Notice he’s usually gone by late afternoon.
I just assumed that was closing time in China.

Reactions: goldmom
The new editor in chief is openly ultra woke and left. She appears to have grown up in a bubble where her elitist roots shielded her from being a wee bit more tactful or even cagey about her bias.
NPR needs an enormous shakeup and a first time for everything reset.

NewsNation is center. ABC, NBC and CBS are left leaning, just not as far left as MSNBC and CNN. I agree Newsmax is far right, that's why I wondered if you were thinking of them when you said NewsNation was as far right as you can get. Newsmax or foxnews aren't giving Cuomo his own show...NN does.

If someone says ABC, NBC, CBS are center, I know they lean left. If they say FoxNews is fair and balanced, I know they lean pretty far right. I know if someone says CNN/MSNBC are balanced, I know they're pretty far left. Easy formula.

MSNBC is basically a commentary network. It has enough fodder provided by the sewer networks to keep it going.

I just turned to Newsmax and guess who they were interviewing - one of the Orange Turd's former Defense Department's lackies, along with wacko Colonel West.

This is true center journalistic pursuit. Nutcases having served in a pyschoward of a shitstorm administration.

I'll wait 30 minutes and report again.

MSNBC is basically a commentary network. It has enough fodder provided by the sewer networks to keep it going.

I just turned to Newsmax and guess who they were interviewing - one of the Orange Turd's former Defense Department's lackies, along with wacko Colonel West.

This is true center journalistic pursuit. Nutcases having served in a pyschoward of a shitstorm administration.

Turn off newsmax. It'll make you dumber.

Let us know if Al Sharpton or Joy Reid shows up. That would be the official peak on insanity.

Even if that number is correct it has not affected NPR's ability to cover stories fairly.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Absolutely she is a neocon.
By the late 1990s, their sole remaining distinction from the rest of the movement was a fanatical belief in the transformative power of the American military. After the Iraq War, their influence faded. (In a final, redemptive act, many second-generation neocons left the Republican party over Donald Trump.

The author is framing Weiss with the term as it was used 70 years ago, not how it has been used for the last 30.

Neocons are the folks who will tell you the Iraq and Afghanistan regime change efforts were good ideas, and weak willed Americans just gave up on the dream too soon.

That’s not Weiss.

Edited to add: author is correct that the neocons left the Republican Party. That’s why you watched a Democratic administration pushed failed regime change efforts in Libya, Yemen and Syria under the influence of neocons.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Because he hadn't announced it at that point. The guy left yesterday, it was all over.
congrats...you've drug me into one of your little pointless back and forths you have with various people, hyper focused on one specific thing that misses the larger point (purposely)

we know why he was suspended...berliner himself said so and he has no reason to lie or mislead (especially if he had already decided on resigning)

further, if he was improperly or illegally suspended, he wouldn't have then voluntarily resigned...he would be pursuing legal action or fighting it with his union

Reactions: Ree4

My favorite part of this post is your description of Joe, as @Whiskeydeltadeltatango goes onto to be exactly what you described Joe to be in this thread. Just a shit poster who prefers quantity over quality .

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT