ADVERTISEMENT

OC Position Posted

After listening to leistekow and docterman podcast I'm partial to Paul Christ

Top 50 offenses as a play caller before turning over play calling in 2020. We'd have been title contenders with a top 50 offense the last 3 years.

Harty says it’s philbin.

6347168_orig.gif

WIll it be a true JP offense or just another tamped down KF "don't risk it" offense?
Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I would think that if Philbin actually is the guy, I don't picture KF telling the guy who was one of his most accomplished assistants both here and after leaving Iowa, who spent 6 years as an NFL OC and 4 1/2 years as an NFL HC, to "Do things exactly like I say and that's that." It actually sounds like a cry for help.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I would think that if Philbin actually is the guy, I don't picture KF telling the guy who was one of his most accomplished assistants both here and after leaving Iowa, who spent 6 years as an NFL OC and 3 years as an NFL HC, to "Do things exactly like I say and that's that." It actually sounds like a cry for help.
I have the same "hope" but just look back at KO when he was lured back to Iowa...KF seemed to clamp down on what was done offensively.

Dochterman is on KXNO right now, and said he has a 4th candidate to interview. Apparently the 3 phone calls were interviews.

I have the same "hope" but just look back at KO when he was lured back to Iowa...KF seemed to clamp down on what was done offensively.
A few major differences:
1) KOK had very little success after leaving Iowa; being Iowa OC was pinnacle of his career; he was KF's biatch.
2) JP would be coming in to fix an utterly broken offense, not babysit and help groom KF's boy.

He is totally confident in the process (like there is one), snort, snort.............

https://uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/assistant-football-coach-offensive-coordinator-31738

Kirk has some desires for the next OC that his son lacked:

Desired Qualifications:
  • Ten or more years Intercollegiate and/or Professional Football (or combined equivalent) of football coaching experience;
  • Successful football offensive coordinator experience in a Division 1, FBS collegiate or professional football program;
I applied. I'm bringing the option to Iowa.

I mean, really whatever it takes. I was pretty good at NCAA 2014, so this should be an easy interview.
And hopefully you watch the Manning cast of MNF as they always are very informative. Like Peyton revealing half time adjustments are a fallacy. He said they mainly ate oranges and stuff.

Whoever it turns out to be, what's the realistic goal for next year's O?
I'd set the bar around 85th in total O, with anything in the low 100s being at least a decent improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT