ADVERTISEMENT

Nov 19 INJURY Updates;Iowa Practices on FRIDAY;Wirfs on moving to LT: Like wiping butt w/ other hand

What happened to Brent's? Who are the corners now? OJ, Hankins.. then who?

I'm curious how Jackson's sprained knee will respond. Hyperextended my knee back in April and after the MRI it was found to just be a sprain. Doctor said 3-4 weeks and it should be ok, but that's not a guarantee. A month went by and the knee felt a lot better, but not 100%. I decided to play rugby that day and it held up, but hurt a lot the next day and took about another month and a half to get back to 100%.

Moral of the story is I rushed it and ended up missing more time because of that. We want Jackson back, but not until he's 100%. Maybe he'll recover faster as well.

Last edited:
I'm curious how Jackson's sprained knee will respond. Hyperextended my knee back in April and after the MRI it was found to just be a sprain. Doctor said 3-4 weeks and it should be ok, but that's not a guarantee. A month went by and the knee felt a lot better, but not 100%. I decided to play rugby that day and it held up, but hurt a lot the next day and took about another month and a half to get back to 100%.

Moral of the story is I rushed it and ended up missing more time because of that. We want Javkson back, but not until he's 100%. Maybe he'll recover faster as well.
My guess we don't see Jackson again until the Michigan game.

Need to get Alaric back, that's obvious.

Next on the list is to get Brents out there. Secondary needs to get things figured out and it would help to have him in the mix.

Moral of the story is I rushed it and ended up missing more time because of that. We want Jackson back, but not until he's 100%. Maybe he'll recover faster as well.
Might be the difference of shape you are in compared to the shape he is in.
Plus they have people to help him rehab where you did not.
Just a guess for me.
Then as others have said he might be out till the Michigan game for safety sake

Might be the difference of shape you are in compared to the shape he is in.
Plus they have people to help him rehab where you did not.
Just a guess for me.
Then as others have said he might be out till the Michigan game for safety sake
I'm in great shape BUT did not have the medical staff and assistance that he had. I just let it heal on my own without rehab. He also would have muscle more muscle in his legs. I'm just glad he didn't have anything major. We (Hawk fans) got lucky!

I'm curious how Jackson's sprained knee will respond.

I sprained my knee playing football last summer. Thought I might have torn something for a few days and couldn't walk on it. I was back at full speed in a little over 1 week.

Everybody heals differently but this is great news for Alaric and Iowa football. Hopefully he's back for ISU.

Reactions: pink shizzle
There are sprains and there are sprains. We’d love to have him 100 percent tomorrow, but each week it lingers the greater the chance he may be back next season.

The key piece is he comes back at 100 percent. Some schools would push him back before he was fully ready. There are no further injury guarantees ever, but I expect the Hawks will have his best interests at heart and so should the fan base.

Thanks - unfortunate for that to happen. We need him in the lineup.
We do, but at the same time, if he's out long enough, he may be able to redshirt now. Not saying I don't want him to heal since our CB depth is gonna be a tad scary for a bit, but it'd be nice to get him another year.

We do, but at the same time, if he's out long enough, he may be able to redshirt now. Not saying I don't want him to heal since our CB depth is gonna be a tad scary for a bit, but it'd be nice to get him another year.
Signed,
TJ Hockenson

I decided to play rugby that day and it held up

Crazy ****er.

Let me tell you a story that'll leave you in shock;
Of two drunken sailors on old river dock
The maiden in question was Biddy McGraw
Who strangled two sailors with the straps of her bra!

With a Too Rye Eye, Fie Diddly Eye
Too Rye Ooh Rye Ooh Rye Eye!

(Rugby songs are the best songs!)

Reactions: pink shizzle
Crazy ****er.

Let me tell you a story that'll leave you in shock;
Of two drunken sailors on old river dock
The maiden in question was Biddy McGraw
Who strangled two sailors with the straps of her bra!

With a Too Rye Eye, Fie Diddly Eye
Too Rye Ooh Rye Ooh Rye Eye!

(Rugby songs are the best songs!)
Was in England and Scotland for two weeks to play rugby back in August and heard a lot of their songs. They are all short, sexually charged and/or about drunken stupor. Enjoyable for sure!

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT