ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Iowa has commitments from 5 players who had Purdue offers. This doesn’t include Proctor, who Purdue didn’t offer because they knew they had no chance.

Purdue has commitments from 3 players with Iowa offers. There are always going to be kids who fall for the scummy recruiting tactics of coaches like Ron Zook, Tim Brewster and Jeff Brohm.

I only counted 4 Iowa commitments that had Purdue offers not 5.

Yep we only land kids because of scummy recruiting tactics 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I’m sure Purdue’s sustained success and amazing fan support are the reason recruits are choosing the Boilermakers. 🤣
Why are you knocking our fan support? We’ve had very solid attendance under Brohm after the worst 4-year stretch in our history.

Purdue is absolutely a viable option for in-state kids due to proximity to home, academics, style of play, coaching staff, etc…

We don’t have the sustained success yet but hopefully we can get back to the Tiller years.

You’re right you will get ridiculed and rightfully so. You also realize Iowa just pulled a 4* OL out of their backyard with Lauck?
I’ll probably never be surprised when an Iowa or Wisconsin beats out Purdue for an OL recruit regardless of where they’re from. We simply don’t have the track record.

Covid will be rough on you down the line as well. “Rough” illnesses take their toll on you cumulatively and Covid is looking to be no exception and probably much worse than all other “annual” issues. I suppose if you don’t mind cognitive impairment or heart disease a decade or two down the road then don’t worry about your infections.
Does make you wonder why china is so strict about COVID. They started the shit and clearly seem to know something the rest of the world doesn't....

Relative to Iowa, Purdue’s fan support is a joke. You’re a distant second as the most popular team in your own state.

I do hope Purdue’s coaching staff continues to talk shit about Iowa. Look how it turned out for Zook and. Brewster.
I don't even disagree with your statement but using Big Game Boomer as a valid source immediately destroys any credibility your argument has.

Their entire purpose is to make clickbait and ragebait lists that for Twitter. That's it.

I don't even disagree with your statement but using Big Game Boomer as a valid source immediately destroys any credibility your argument has.

Their entire purpose is to make clickbait and ragebait lists that for Twitter. That's it.
I did see a similar thing like this from someone else. It had scariest places to play at night, Iowa was #4 so it was more realistic than this one.

This.

The list of things more worthless that BGB lists, wouldn’t even be a list.

Reactions: grayhair81

Relative to Iowa, Purdue’s fan support is a joke. You’re a distant second as the most popular team in your own state.

I do hope Purdue’s coaching staff continues to talk shit about Iowa. Look how it turned out for Zook and. Brewster.
Using Big Game Boomer to prove a point is an odd choice to say the least. Distant second behind who, ND or IU?

Our fan support is far from a joke. No we’re not on Iowa’s level but we have a solid fanbase. Don’t let some negative recruiting cloud your judgment.

Doesn’t look like crappy fan support to me. Ross-Ade was 98.5% full last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jo2knight
Using Big Game Boomer to prove a point is an odd choice to say the least. Distant second behind who, ND or IU?

Our fan support is far from a joke. No we’re not on Iowa’s level but we have a solid fanbase. Don’t let some negative recruiting cloud your judgment.
Purdue’s football fan base is below for a major school that actually has some tradition.

That said, being in the same state as ND is a pretty big factor. I’m guessing if ND were in Dubuque, Iowa would have shitty attendance too.

Purdue’s football fan base is below for a major school that actually has some tradition.

That said, being in the same state as ND is a pretty big factor. I’m guessing if ND were in Dubuque, Iowa would have shitty attendance too.
Below based on what? What are you comparing it to? ND? Well yeah we’re not on their level lol. When we have a mediocre to solid team, our fan support is really good. When we have Darrell Hazell, it falls off a cliff understandably. I mean look at last year, we were 98.5% capacity and didn’t have an OSU/Michigan/Penn State home game. The best two were Wisconsin and MSU.

We should move this Purdue crap to a hated rival thread , Same with the Clone crap whose antagonist has forgotten that ISU hasnt beaten Iowa since Methuselah got some back seat action .

Last edited:
Reactions: millhawk
You make some good points here. I have no idea what was said that caused these issues but I truly have respect for your program. I think you guys do things the right way and your consistency over the past several decades is admirable. I know I’m biased but I am a huge Brohm fan. I’ve heard people on this board and your 24/7 board call him slimy and classless which I completely disagree with tbh.
Well you are wrong.

Ortwerth is trending now to Iowa on both main sites. Big forecast , recruiting news is good. I think some things shake out after the Holiday Weekend and coming out of the dead period there will be lots of action everywhere .

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet but I wonder if the USC/UCLA news is affecting Newsom’s decision at all. I know Stanford and some big 12 schools have been in the running.

Brohm and his staff are scum. When you have other Big 10 West teams reaching out to Iowa because your staff said something so outrageous, you know your coach is pretty effing crappy.

So one thing said means him and his staff are scum? Really? Seems like a wee bit of an overreaction.

Sure it can. If it was that negative/shitty.
Was Brohm talking to a room full of coaches? Multiple recruits? One recruit who told several coaches?

Something like this doesn't get back to a staff from multiple sources unless it's a regular occurance, not a one time thing like you're implying.

Reactions: chaneccooms

Doesn’t look like crappy fan support to me. Ross-Ade was 98.5% full last year.
Your link is for TV viewership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT