ADVERTISEMENT

****Official 15) Mercer at 2) Iowa NCAA Women's Tournament First Round****

NCAA better not overlap the men’s and women’s games on Sunday. That would be really sucky two games in a row.

I wonder if Iowa administrative people have any say in this scheduling, since the women's game is on their court. I think they should be sending the message both to the men's and women's scheduling committees that having another overlap might affect attendance, if some want to watch the men's game that might otherwise attend the game. And for those who don't, I would like to think the television networks wouldn't like losing audience. I'm wondering if that is why they didn't cover Iowa until the last part of the women's game today on the ESPN2 coverage, since the knew that many Iowa fans would be tuned in to the men's game instead during the first quarter of the game, which would lower audience ratings then.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I wonder if Iowa administrative people have any say in this scheduling, since the women's game is on their court. I think they should be sending the message both to the men's and women's scheduling committees that having another overlap might affect attendance, if some want to watch the men's game that might otherwise attend the game. And for those who don't, I would like to think the television networks wouldn't like losing audience. I'm wondering if that is why they didn't cover Iowa until the last part of the women's game today on the ESPN2 coverage, since the knew that many Iowa fans would be tuned in to the men's game instead during the first quarter of the game, which would lower audience ratings then.

Interesting page that has the time for the Sunday men's game in Ohio posted when they add both teams that would be playing. We've had Tennessee as a winner for around 10 minutes but they still don't show up on the winner side here. I wonder if they are negotiating this time now (maybe Iowa administration is working to get them to schedule it to not clash with the women's game...

https://www.google.com/search?q=nca...ie=lg;/g/11f5bxxss_;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;br;fp;1;;

Reactions: fivec61

they can (and should) make suggestions, but Iowa fans tuning into games won't move the meter really at all. It would be to the advantage of the women's tournament to avoid overlapping to get a good crowd there in IC.

Reactions: fivec61

They do not.

People need to realize the tournaments are crazily controlled by the NCAA and they don't really care about what the school/team think or want.

Interesting page that has the time for the Sunday men's game in Ohio posted when they add both teams that would be playing. We've had Tennessee as a winner for around 10 minutes but they still don't show up on the winner side here. I wonder if they are negotiating this time now (maybe Iowa administration is working to get them to schedule it to not clash with the women's game...

https://www.google.com/search?q=nca...ie=lg;/g/11f5bxxss_;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;br;fp;1;;

or CBS is waiting to see the matchups to figure out which to put where.

They do not.

People need to realize the tournaments are crazily controlled by the NCAA and they don't really care about what the school/team think or want.

Probably don't give a crap about Iowa. Drake is starting to surge ahead (perhaps another 10 seed winning this weekend?). So, I wonder if they'll confine any over the air coverage just to Iowa locations on Sunday (if they don't need to worry about the state of Missouri) with an ESPNA channel then and again avoid putting them on shared coverage channels too like they did today, even if they are a higher seeded matchup.

Should we root for Drake and Missouri to go to double overtime now? Already just gone to overtime a few minutes ago. Their matching 3 for 3 now and tied 70 to 70.

The officiating of the two games in IC could not have been more different. The crew in the Iowa game called nothing and the crew for the Drake game called everything.

Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT