ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official 2024 VP debate thread*****

Chelsea Peretti No GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

It will be interesting to see if the following is discussed:

* Minnesota is a sanctuary state. That status almost became law. An estimated 95,000 undocumented people live in MN. See more on how the sanctuary state status almost became law here: https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...-sanctuary-state-for-undocumented-immigrants/

* Walz was very late in bringing in the National Guard during the riots in May, 2020, following George Floyd's death. As a result, the Democrats in charge surrendered the police station to the rioters and large chunks of Minneapolis & St Paul burned to the ground. Normally the buck would stop at the governor's desk. Walz, instead, tried to blame the embarrassment on the Democrat Minneapolis mayor, but no one was buying it.

* Under Walz's watch, 77 Somali-Americans stole $250M from the U. S. Dept of Agriculture. How did they do it? They generated fake invoices that claimed they were feeding thousands of children daily during the pandemic. They submitted those invoices to Feeding our Future (a MN non-profit) and got paid their millions. Feeding our Future got reimbursed by the State of MN, which got reimbursed by the U.S. Dept of Agriculture. There was little to no oversight on what these individuals were doing (or should I say, not doing). It took someone tipping off the Feds before the FBI raided the Feeding our Future offices. Only $60M of the $250M has been clawed back. Want to learn more? Simply google Feeding our Future

* Illegals will get free college tuition in MN if they are part of a household making less than $80,000. Needless to say, not every tax payer is ok with that. The story: https://www.scrippsnews.com/us-news...grants-eligible-for-free-college-in-minnesota

* The Driver's License for All law in Minnesota went into effect on October 1, 2023, allowing all residents to apply for a driver's license, permit, or identification card regardless of their immigration status.

I said it before and I'll say it again. She could've had Shapiro or Kelly and this would've been a slam dunk. Makes me question her judgment.

IF Vance is prepared, he could really tear Walz apart and show how he is much further left than Kamala.

Big IF, though.

Walz loves to say "mind your own damn business." Well, his administration should have been attending to business when it came to the $250M in fraud and in the riots that occurred under his watch.

IF Vance is prepared, he could really tear Walz apart and show how he is much further left than Kamala.

Big IF, though.

Walz loves to say "mind your own damn business." Well, his administration should have been attending to business when it came to the $250M in fraud and in the riots that occurred under his watch.
It was just such a layup and she ****ed it up. Walz brought nothing to that ticket.

It was just such a layup and she ****ed it up. Walz brought nothing to that ticket.
Honestly tho, VP picks rarely actually add anything to a ticket - the basic rule is to do no harm.

I’d have picked Shapiro as well, but we also have no idea what the internal conversations were. Shapiro is young enough that he likely has presidential ambitions, who knows if he wants to fade into the background as a VP in the event of a Harris victory for a potential 4 or 8 years?

I think Walz is okay, and was having a moment that grabbed their attention. Given the truncated timeline they were operating on, imo the entire process unfolded far differently than it would have normally.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Honestly tho, VP picks rarely actually add anything to a ticket - the basic rule is to do no harm.

I’d have picked Shapiro as well, but we also have no idea what the internal conversations were. Shapiro is young enough that he likely has presidential ambitions, who knows if he wants to fade into the background as a VP in the event of a Harris victory for a potential 4 or 8 years?

I think Walz is okay, and was having a moment that grabbed their attention. Given the truncated timeline they were operating on, imo the entire process unfolded far differently than it would have normally.
Agreed with all of this. Shapiro was my pick as referenced in threads about this but this pick is fine and can help deliver the rust belt.

It will be interesting to see if the following is discussed:

* Minnesota is a sanctuary state. That status almost became law. An estimated 95,000 undocumented people live in MN. See more on how the sanctuary state status almost became law here: https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...-sanctuary-state-for-undocumented-immigrants/

* Walz was very late in bringing in the National Guard during the riots in May, 2020, following George Floyd's death. As a result, the Democrats in charge surrendered the police station to the rioters and large chunks of Minneapolis & St Paul burned to the ground. Normally the buck would stop at the governor's desk. Walz, instead, tried to blame the embarrassment on the Democrat Minneapolis mayor, but no one was buying it.

* Under Walz's watch, 77 Somali-Americans stole $250M from the U. S. Dept of Agriculture. How did they do it? They generated fake invoices that claimed they were feeding thousands of children daily during the pandemic. They submitted those invoices to Feeding our Future (a MN non-profit) and got paid their millions. Feeding our Future got reimbursed by the State of MN, which got reimbursed by the U.S. Dept of Agriculture. There was little to no oversight on what these individuals were doing (or should I say, not doing). It took someone tipping off the Feds before the FBI raided the Feeding our Future offices. Only $60M of the $250M has been clawed back. Want to learn more? Simply google Feeding our Future

* Illegals will get free college tuition in MN if they are part of a household making less than $80,000. Needless to say, not every tax payer is ok with that. The story: https://www.scrippsnews.com/us-news...grants-eligible-for-free-college-in-minnesota

* The Driver's License for All law in Minnesota went into effect on October 1, 2023, allowing all residents to apply for a driver's license, permit, or identification card regardless of their immigration status.
It'll also be interesting to see if they discuss Vance making up lies about legal immigrants in his own state leading to school closures and bomb threats.

Th

Sometimes the pick can balance out a ticket and her choice says something about how she intends to lead. She needs PA above all and Shapiro's a very popular governor with a moderate bent in a very close race that will likely be decided by a few thousand votes. It also negates somewhat the crazy liberal arguments that the GOP is throwing around. Same goes for Kelly who could have helped in the Southwest and on the border issue. From an ideological perspective Walz does nothing to bring along the moderates that she needs to win. You could argue he pushes them away and she was going to win Minnesota regardless.

Th

Sometimes the pick can balance out a ticket and her choice says something about how she intends to lead. She needs PA above all and Shapiro's a very popular governor with a moderate bent in a very close race that will likely be decided by a few thousand votes. It also negates somewhat the crazy liberal arguments that the GOP is throwing around. Same goes for Kelly who could have helped in the Southwest and on the border issue. From an ideological perspective Walz does nothing to bring along the moderates that she needs to win. You could argue he pushes them away and she was going to win Minnesota regardless.
She is going to win MN either way

I think anyone would be nervous before their first debate in front of a national audience.

Especially with the warts that Walz carries with him.

Vance simply needs to look into the camera and say this:

* Google & learn more about how Minnesota is a sanctuary state to illegal immigrants.

* Google & read up on how Walz was very late in bringing in the National Guard during the Minneapolis riots in May 2020. You will see how he surrendered the Minneapolis police station and let large chunks of Minneapolis & St Paul burn to the ground.

* Google the words Feeding our Future. And then read about the $250M theft that occurred right under Tim Walz's nose.

* Google & read up on how illegal immigrants will now get free college tuition in MN

* Google & read up on the "Drivers Licenses for all" bill that Tim Walz signed.

And then Vance simply has to say that Tim Walz would bring the same type of incompetence to the rest of the country.

Its amazing how the echo chamber on here can't say one negative thing about a Democrat.

I have no problem doing that.

I also have no problem in continuing to say that Republicans are idiots, they are led by idiots, and that Donald Trump is unfit for office.

I also have no problem saying that we need ranked choice voting for every election, including for the President of the United States. Then, maybe, just maybe, we'd have a candidate we'd enjoy voting for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT