ADVERTISEMENT

***official 5/21/24 super storm thread***

Ames might luck out. Looks like one is going directly north, and one directly south.

Might be able to go fully erected in an hour.

Let that flag fly!

I have had a few bad experiences with dead trees coming down. One that size, even a rotten dried out branch would crush anyone below. If it's not within striking distance of your house you don't need a professional. Just a chainsaw and a weekend with lots of cold beer.
Yeah, I was certainly green when I moved put here and cringe at some of the things I did. Getting multiple saws stuck trying to fall it the wrong way, giant barber chairs, truly shit that can kill you. I play it pretty safe these days.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I have had a few bad experiences with dead trees coming down. One that size, even a rotten dried out branch would crush anyone below. If it's not within striking distance of your house you don't need a professional. Just a chainsaw and a weekend with lots of cold beer.
Protip: Cut down tree first, then drink beer. Order of operations is important here.

Casey's in Greenfield damaged yet people are congregating around it, not thinking about the potential gas explosion.

But hey, you do you. Iowa = Florida North

I saw that they shut off all the gas lines coming into town due to multiple gas leaks. Doesn’t mean all the gas is gone though

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Everyone good in the northern DSM 'burbs? Checked in with some folks and sounds like trees/powerlines down around Johnston and Ankeny... looks like it slipped just north of Ankeny.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Just insane. Perhaps we are going to have hurricane proof buildings now with climate change causing so many more tornados

Absolutely insane footage. I have a bunch of family in Greenfield, including my dad and grandparents, so I know exactly where that is. Just got off the phone with my dad, luckily it sounds like most of my immediate family is ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT