ADVERTISEMENT

***official 5/21/24 super storm thread***

Solid chance that this is accurate. The first truck driver saw the danger and stopped. The tanker truck driver probably barely got over into the left lane to avoid hitting the dry van as he cursed at the moron for slowing down in front of him. He was probably on his phone, or distracted in some way. Probably talking to someone about how bad the weather was as he was driving. And, then, you saw his brake lights...

Everyone good in the northern DSM 'burbs? Checked in with some folks and sounds like trees/powerlines down around Johnston and Ankeny... looks like it slipped just north of Ankeny.
I escaped with just a panel of my fence which blew apart but I was able to fix, and then shit blown over like a Weber gas grill. So we took a pretty good shot here in my part of ankeny, but nothing like others around the state who my heart goes out to.

Crossing my fingers, but at least to the west of IC the storm line appears to be breaking up.

Yeah, I dunno about the north side, but here on the south side of CR we got absolutely NOTHING. Well, I take that back - it sprinkled for maybe 5 minutes.

Practically the entire eastern half of the state gets clobbered in some aspect, but the CR-IC weather bubble was fully engaged all day today.

Large destructive tornado on the ground, started about 7-8 miles north of Muscatine (city).

phhhheeewwwwwww. Another bullet dodged.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Just heard that the preceding wall cloud that led to the now-tornadic activity in/around Wilton started just a couple blocks up the road from the house.

damn

Reactions: Tenacious E
Yeah, I dunno about the north side, but here on the south side of CR we got absolutely NOTHING. Well, I take that back - it sprinkled for maybe 5 minutes.

Practically the entire eastern half of the state gets clobbered in some aspect, but the CR-IC weather bubble was fully engaged all day today.
You guys deserve a century-long bubble after derecho kicked you in the balls with pointy shoes.

We got about a 5 minute blast of swirling wind and some rain. I looked to the south and the sky was clear. Weird. We have a lot of mature trees in the area, and a 70 footer was topped. A big chunk of it landed in my neighbor's yard. That was it, thankfully.

• Wow
Reactions: GOHOX69

North side of CR around Hiawatha/Robins we had a little wind and rain, smaller than pea size hail for about 5 minutes. Nothing burger.

IMG-1075.jpg
Weather Channel live from the Dirty D!!

My parents lost a large machine shed, windmill ( not the big kind) and a roof on another machine shed. Neighbor saw the tornado. 2 miles south, 1 mile west of Bethesda

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT