ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

But, but, Wallace and Wheeler are two of the best 144 women basketball players in the world, amirite? 😉
Not to keep killing the Fever, but I find their lack of perimeter shooting out of the fifth starter highly disappointing. Hull and Wallace are not good, and Wheeler can't shoot an outside shot to save her life. Samuelson has been ok. They just really need a knock down shooter out of that third guard position. Could be Kate Martin down the road.

Magic is definitely right about himself and bird but he is not even close to being right about cc and Reese. It's ALL cc and everyone knows it, they just don't want to admit it
Back in the day, I would watch Magic or Bird, any chance I got, wether they were playing each other or not. Both were silky smooth on the court, could rebound, pass and score.

Caitlin Clark is like Bird and Magic. Angel Reese is like Dennis Rodman, except that she can’t block shots. No one ever tuned into a game or bought tickets solely to see Dennis Rodman.

Not to keep killing the Fever, but I find their lack of perimeter shooting out of the fifth starter highly disappointing. Hull and Wallace are not good, and Wheeler can't shoot an outside shot to save her life. Samuelson has been ok. They just really need a knock down shooter out of that third guard position. Could be Kate Martin down the road.
Hull is a solid player. Defensively sound with length, but more importantly she understands her roll when she's on the court AND will actually pass the ball.

Problem is she only gets 13 min a game. Don't lump her into the Wallace/Wheeler group, the team is significantly better when she's on the court over them.

Reactions: littlez
Hull is a solid player. Defensively sound with length, but more importantly she understands her roll when she's on the court AND will actually pass the ball.

Problem is she only gets 13 min a game. Don't lump her into the Wallace/Wheeler group, the team is significantly better when she's on the court over them.
This is not a flame, but if that is true, why are her minutes so limited?

This is not a flame, but if that is true, why are her minutes so limited?
I'm not trying to be a prick, but is this a serious question?
Christie Sides is the HC.

The same HC that overplays Wallace and Wheeler.

The same HC that inexplicably shuts down her offense for large portions of the game.

The same HC that routinely throws her players under the bus after a loss.

Lastly, Sides brought W&W with her from the Atlanta Dream.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but is this a serious question?
Christie Sides is the HC.

The same HC that overplays Wallace and Wheeler.

The same HC that inexplicably shuts down her offense for large portions of the game.

The same HC that routinely throws her players under the bus after a loss.

Lastly, Sides brought W&W with her from the Atlanta Dream.
This is a thread full of pricks. It is hard to keep straight one prick's thoughts from another's. Apologies for not keeping up with your opinions. I agree with you, btw.

Magic is giving too much credit to Angel, imo. Angel is not selling out arenas when Caitlin/the Fever is not the opponent.

The full text of Magic's tweet:

Larry and I heightened the NBA’s overall popularity. The Lakers and Celtics sold out arenas throughout the league and increased television viewership exponentially. The higher viewership numbers led to the NBA signing significantly larger TV contracts which then led to higher salaries for the players.

Caitlin and Angel are now doing the same thing, selling out arenas and increasing the viewership. They have taken women’s basketball by storm and with expiring TV deals on the horizon, the WNBA is now in a position to negotiate higher TV contracts and increase salaries for all of the talented players.

If Caitlin Clark wasn’t playing, nobody would know who in the hell Angel Reece is, nor give a shit about the WNBA in general. Not quite a Magic/Bird scenario here.

I think a good counterpoint to Magic's thinking is the recent games in DC. The Fever sell the place out with ticket prices above face value. The night before, the Sky are in town and attendance is roughly half that of the Fever game (haven't checked the exact final numbers). And remember that the DC area is Reese's hometown. The bump has very, very little to do with Angel.

If Caitlin Clark wasn’t playing, nobody would know who in the hell Angel Reece is, nor give a shit about the WNBA in general. Not quite a Magic/Bird scenario here.
Here's the truth of our times ... and I'm not trying to undercut your message, which I agree with. The "usual suspects" are working overtime to make her a superstar. We live in an upside-down world where idiocy is something people take pride in.

(from the MSN article linked above)

"I am honored to be working closely with one of my longtime mentors, Shaq, along with a brand that I have admired since I was just a little kid. It means the world to me that they trust in me to extend their legacy to a new generation,” Reese said.

“Together, I think we have a great opportunity to do things differently, to inspire people to explore and express themselves unapologetically, and to show them how to look and feel good while doing it"

Back in the day, I would watch Magic or Bird, any chance I got, wether they were playing each other or not. Both were silky smooth on the court, could rebound, pass and score.

Caitlin Clark is like Bird and Magic. Angel Reese is like Dennis Rodman, except that she can’t block shots. No one ever tuned into a game or bought tickets solely to see Dennis Rodman.

its amazing how some (ok, a lot) try not to give this white girl from little ol' Iowa, who went to the University of Iowa, her due

Magic is giving too much credit to Angel, imo. Angel is not selling out arenas when Caitlin/the Fever is not the opponent.

The full text of Magic's tweet:

Larry and I heightened the NBA’s overall popularity. The Lakers and Celtics sold out arenas throughout the league and increased television viewership exponentially. The higher viewership numbers led to the NBA signing significantly larger TV contracts which then led to higher salaries for the players.

Caitlin and Angel are now doing the same thing, selling out arenas and increasing the viewership. They have taken women’s basketball by storm and with expiring TV deals on the horizon, the WNBA is now in a position to negotiate higher TV contracts and increase salaries for all of the talented players.

Lol, you all are complete morons about Angel Reese. She makes for an incredible villain, is a hell of a ball player, and is nowhere near the monster you all portray.

She is great for the game, and will forever be tied to CC.

What was said between the two coaches after the game?
Sides: "I want you to know I did everything I could to lose this game for you, so you're gonna owe me down the road if I end up getting fired."

Weatherspoon: "Don't you worry. We're always gonna need coaches to help with our offseason kids camps. I gotchu sister."

Last edited:
But Caitlin doesn't want her to be.

Reese is a legit stalker. If that's the type of person you want forever tied to Caitlin Clark, well then you have your own agenda.......or your own issues. Take your pick. :)

Also, I've said this before, but people could've picked any number of better black players (on her own LSU team even), so given the negativity that Reese herself brings, why have so many latched onto her, in particular?

That's a rhetorical question btw.............

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
But Caitlin doesn't want her to be.

Reese is a legit stalker. If that's the type of person you want forever tied to Caitlin Clark, well then you have your own agenda.......or your own issues. Take your pick. :)

Also, I've said this before, but people could've picked any number of better black players (on her own LSU team even), so given the negativity that Reese herself brings, why have so many latched onto her, in particular?

That's a rhetorical question btw.............
Are you aware of why people watch sports? Because it is elevated human drama. The Angel vs Caitlin conflict is easily the most compelling rivalry of the past twenty years. People have latched on to Reese because she clearly dislikes Caitlin and baits her constantly. Caitlin clearly dislikes her as well and does everything she can to ignore her. Both are dominant players (yes, even Angel) who bring out the best in one another. What's not to love?

You all are letting your love for Caitlin (and in some of your cases, your hatred for black women) impede your ability to enjoy a rivalry for the ages.

Yep, the embrace of the two coaches was a little odd but what of the huge embrace between Reese and Swoopes?

What did that tell ya?

Simply an innocent embrace of a mentor and a young woman? Okay, but why was it SO important to both women?

A lot of conjecture could be had, but one writer hip to all-things-black apparently, has conveniently summed it up. Ken J. Makin writes:

"It was a win for the Sky. It was a win for Black women ... the love between Reese and Swoopes celebrated Black women in all their diversity and complexity."

Now ya see what a beautiful thing that was!

And here I was thinking in terms of a rather impoverished Pat McAfee-esque mindset: "let's get that White b____ !"

I'm sure glad it wasn't that.

Yep, the embrace of the two coaches was a little odd but what of the huge embrace between Reese and Swoopes?

What did that tell ya?

Simply an innocent embrace of a mentor and a young woman? Okay, but why was it SO important to both women?

A lot of conjecture could be had, but one writer hip to all-things-black apparently, has conveniently summed it up. Ken J. Makin writes:

"It was a win for the Sky. It was a win for Black women ... the love between Reese and Swoopes celebrated Black women in all their diversity and complexity."

Now ya see what a beautiful thing that was!

And here I was thinking in terms of a rather impoverished Pat McAfee-esque mindset: "let's get that White b____ !"

I'm sure glad it wasn't that.
Is "complexity" now code for assholiness?

You have no idea if this girl can play. If she gets picked up and kicks ass somewhere else then that's fine. I don't think much of the coach but if Taylor could have helped the team at all she would have gotten at least a chance.
You can't get a chance if YOU CAN'T GET A CHANCE.

She's a 2x DPOY in two different conferences and this happens literally minutes after Sides is preaching defense execution in a Courtside practice interview.

Sides simply won't bench Wallace to give Hull, Berger, or Taylor a chance to prove anything, because, well because we have no idea because she's a moran.

There is no f*cking way you're truly this dense.

You can't get a chance if YOU CAN'T GET A CHANCE.

She's a 2x DPOY in two different conferences and this happens literally minutes after Sides is preaching defense execution in a Courtside practice interview.

Sides simply won't bench Wallace to give Hull, Berger, or Taylor a chance to prove anything, because, well because we have no idea because she's a moran.

There is no f*cking way you're truly this dense.
Let's see someone else pick her up and put her in the rotation. When that happens then you can run your mouth. I've already said I don't think much of Sides as a coach. Anything else you want to put in all caps?

Lol, you all are complete morons about Angel Reese. She makes for an incredible villain, is a hell of a ball player, and is nowhere near the monster you all portray.

She’s a good player, not a great player and there are a bunch just like her. She separates herself by her behavior and not her basketball skill. If you’re tall and long in a league of players who can’t jump, you should get 10+ rebounds per game.

Yesterday, a very popular sports host said that he doesn't think Caitlin has the "dog" in her, claiming she withers down the stretch of big games.

I'm avoiding mentioning his name because the super boring response then is "who cares what ____ thinks?" or "_____ is an idiot."

I won't lie: I want to see a little more rabid dog in CC when the game's on the line. I know she's hamstrung by her coach some, but she can transcend that. When Chicago kept cutting into the lead in the 4th, I knew there was no way Angel was going to let them lose. She wanted it more, and yeah, you can't teach that.

Yesterday, a very popular sports host said that he doesn't think Caitlin has the "dog" in her, claiming she withers down the stretch of big games.

I'm avoiding mentioning his name because the super boring response then is "who cares what ____ thinks?" or "_____ is an idiot."

I won't lie: I want to see a little more rabid dog in CC when the game's on the line. I know she's hamstrung by her coach some, but she can transcend that. When Chicago kept cutting into the lead in the 4th, I knew there was no way Angel was going to let them lose. She wanted it more, and yeah, you can't teach that.
She certainly had the dog in her at Iowa where she was allowed to have the dog in her. She was money down the stretch…that doesn’t go away unless there’s a reason and it’s usually coaching.

Evidently other coaches around the league are "circling the wagons" around Sides saying she doesn't deserve all this criticism. It really does have a lot of Coach Izzo wanting Iowa to give Lickliter a lifetime contract vibe (ok, that's not exactly what it was but he certainly wanted to have games against Lickliter for many more years to come). When other coaches start campaigning for a coach of their opposition to keep their job then you know that coach is doing a really shitty job.

She’s a good player, not a great player and there are a bunch just like her. She separates herself by her behavior and not her basketball skill. If you’re tall and long in a league of players who can’t jump, you should get 10+ rebounds per game.
You don't get it. She is 13 and 11 as a rookie and just outdueled our girl on a big stage. This rivalry is real and it isn't going anywhere. You all are on the wrong end of this.

She certainly had the dog in her at Iowa where she was allowed to have the dog in her. She was money down the stretch…that doesn’t go away unless there’s a reason and it’s usually coaching.
Remember that time when Lisa Bluder had CC pass the ball to Stuelke for a long two to win the game against Sparty instead of winning it herself with a logo three?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

You don't get it. She is 13 and 11 as a rookie and just outdueled our girl on a big stage. This rivalry is real and it isn't going anywhere. You all are on the wrong end of this.
I am more on your side in terms of acknowledging Reese is pretty good. But outdueled? The Fever bigs spit the bit while Caitlin had a great game. The Fever are up in the series 2-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT