ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Let's see someone else pick her up and put her in the rotation. When that happens then you can run your mouth. I've already said I don't think much of Sides as a coach. Anything else you want to put in all caps?
You run your mouth more than anyone here, bub.

But it's fun knowing that it only took 5 caps-locked words to trigger you.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
You don't get it. She is 13 and 11 as a rookie and just outdueled our girl on a big stage. This rivalry is real and it isn't going anywhere. You all are on the wrong end of this.
13 and 11 for a big in a league where no one can jump is not all that impressive. She had a good game against the Fever because Smith is the worst defensive big in the league. And I would say Clark had a better overall game last game and Clark won the first two, but everyone seems to forget that.

You don't get it. She is 13 and 11 as a rookie and just outdueled our girl on a big stage. This rivalry is real and it isn't going anywhere. You all are on the wrong end of this.

Angel is a very good player and anyone denying that is trolling. Angel was also very good in the first half of the Elite 8 game before getting injured. The rivalry is secure.

But you said earlier that a "hatred of black women" is putting blinders on CC fans, and this needs to be called out for the easy-breezy defamation it is. Angel Reese and Sheryl Swoopes are obviously resentful and petty women, and their behavior and verbal animus towards Caitlin speak for itself. If they were both Irish Catholic we would rightly dislike them as well.

At the same time, it is obvious to anyone less naive than a 6 year old that theirs is a racial alliance.

13 and 11 for a big in a league where no one can jump is not all that impressive. She had a good game against the Fever because Smith is the worst defensive big in the league. And I would say Clark had a better overall game last game and Clark won the first two, but everyone seems to forget that.
The #2 and #3 picks were both generational bigs and are 8 and 5, and 9 and 7 respectively.

U a dummy.

I think a good counterpoint to Magic's thinking is the recent games in DC. The Fever sell the place out with ticket prices above face value. The night before, the Sky are in town and attendance is roughly half that of the Fever game (haven't checked the exact final numbers). And remember that the DC area is Reese's hometown. The bump has very, very little to do with Angel.
Also, in this scenario you’re referencing the Fever gane sold out roughly 20,000 tickets in 30 minutes. What if the arena held 25, 30, or 40,000 people? Still may have sold out and the Chicago game was 10,000..

She’s a good player, not a great player and there are a bunch just like her. She separates herself by her behavior and not her basketball skill. If you’re tall and long in a league of players who can’t jump, you should get 10+ rebounds per game.
Then why doesn’t everyone else do it?

Lol, you all are complete morons about Angel Reese. She makes for an incredible villain, is a hell of a ball player, and is nowhere near the monster you all portray.

She is great for the game, and will forever be tied to CC.
You just made the argument for us “complete morons” ….

CC = superstar all on her own

Angel = needs CC, or no one knows who she is

The Larry-Magic dynamic was equitable.

Five other players do and many others don’t shoot 37% inside the paint to get more offensive rebound opportunities.
She’s got a terrible looking shot, I’ll grant you that! However, she’s the same height as Smith from the Fever and just abused her the other night. 25 and 16. I can’t stand her offensive game but she works the glass hard. To say otherwise is just plain wrong.

She’s got a terrible looking shot, I’ll grant you that! However, she’s the same height as Smith from the Fever and just abused her the other night. 25 and 16. I can’t stand her offensive game but she works the glass hard. To say otherwise is just plain wrong.
She’s a very good rebounder, no doubt, but I’m talking about her as an overall player. She’s a good overall player, not great.

And lets be real; the Fever blew a 15 point lead and lost by 1 point. It "should" be 3-0 in the series.
This is what I don't understand. People are acting like Chicago won the championship. There was no way that the Fever were going to go undefeated against them in the season series and they still lead the series 2-1. I feel like the biggest thing holding Indiana back right now are stupid coaching decisions.

She’s a good player, not a great player and there are a bunch just like her. She separates herself by her behavior and not her basketball skill. If you’re tall and long in a league of players who can’t jump, you should get 10+ rebounds per game.

I've always had the view that AR is a great rebounder, but not particularly athletic or great at other basketball skills. She historically hasn't shown that she's great at anything other than rebounding. Often times I've thought that her shooting, ball handling, etc. were mediocre at best. Sunday she showed some really good skill finishing in the paint and even passing. If she can play like she did Sunday most of the time, I think she might be heading toward greatness. Time will tell if she can actually do that.

Reactions: nu2u
I've always had the view that AR is a great rebounder, but not particularly athletic or great at other basketball skills. She historically hasn't shown that she's great at anything other than rebounding. Often times I've thought that her shooting, ball handling, etc. were mediocre at best. Sunday she showed some really good skill finishing in the paint and even passing. If she can play like she did Sunday most of the time, I think she might be heading toward greatness. Time will tell if she can actually do that.
Angel is highly driven and she knows that if she wants get what Caitlin has she can only bullshit for so long. She knows she is going to have to make waves on the floor and she seems to be working really hard to do that. Cardoso seems content with playing the support role here and doing the things necessary to allow Reese to be the "star". So, credit to her for stepping up her game. She certainly is on a path to be a top player in the league, but that doesn't take away from what Clark has been doing. Reese is also on a team that seems to be all in on making her the face of the team and is doing everything they can to make that happen. Unusual for a Chicago team not to piss away a winning ticket.

Lol, you all are complete morons about Angel Reese. She makes for an incredible villain, is a hell of a ball player, and is nowhere near the monster you all portray.

She is great for the game, and will forever be tied to CC.
She will indeed be forever tied to CC. In her entire career , the thing she is most noted for is doing that thing to Caitlin Clark. CC on the other hand is most noted for NCAA scoring records, being one of the top assist leaders in NCAA history, winning virtually every player of the year award...most of them twice...and selling out arenas wherever she plays.

Are you aware of why people watch sports? Because it is elevated human drama. (Well, if you were gonna tell me why, then why ask me that question in the first place?...................)The Angel vs Caitlin conflict is easily the most compelling rivalry of the past twenty years. (Lol if you're taking Reese's side, sure. Now I get why Nebraska fans whined for years about not being rivals with Iowa.) People have latched on to Reese because she clearly dislikes Caitlin and baits her constantly. (And that's not a problem with our society?......................The correct answer is, "yes it is a problem" but I'll let you give your answer. :)) Caitlin clearly dislikes her as well (Lol, nah. More like annoyed that this is one more thing she has to deal with. She had her own personal rivalries with other players in college and Angel wasn't one of them. Just because the media says something and because black people and Caitlin Clark haters want this to work........doesn't mean it's actually real.) and does everything she can to ignore her. (That sounds like a rivalry to me..........or more like a big sister ignoring a little sister. Think Iowa and ISU fans. ;)) Both are dominant players (yes, even Angel :() who bring out the best in one another. What's not to love? (Oh I suppose it'd be the idea that Angel Reese's presence brings out more in Caitlin Clark than in any other given moment..............)

You all are letting your love for Caitlin (and in some of your cases, your hatred for black women) impede your ability to enjoy a rivalry for the ages. (And you are letting your admiration for Angel Reese, and your growing disdain for Caitlin Clark supporters impede your ability to understand reality.........which is that this is a manufactured "rivalry", started by Angel Reese for the clout/attention because she was a part of the growing jealous contingent of players/coaches/fans that didn't like all the attention that Clark was getting.)
P.S. fun fact, the reason why we Iowa fans/Caitlin Clark supporters know this jealousy isn't about race (or at least it certainly didnt originate from our side) is because one of the OGs of Caitlin Envy was the mostly white Indiana Hooisers led by white coach Teri Moren.

You remember that sh**?

Or were you "watching" back then? ;););););)

I can’t stand her. But, she’s good. Not nearly as good as she thinks she is, but she is good. And annoying.
She's much better than I thought she'd be in the WNBA. I take solice in the fact that she's a huge idiot and will eventually fail due to her own stupidity.

Are you aware of why people watch sports? Because it is elevated human drama. The Angel vs Caitlin conflict is easily the most compelling rivalry of the past twenty years. People have latched on to Reese because she clearly dislikes Caitlin and baits her constantly. Caitlin clearly dislikes her as well and does everything she can to ignore her. Both are dominant players (yes, even Angel) who bring out the best in one another. What's not to love?

You all are letting your love for Caitlin (and in some of your cases, your hatred for black women) impede your ability to enjoy a rivalry for the ages.
Yes, it's hatred of black women. Sure it is.

Oh brother.....it's always about race with some people.

Well, then perhaps these grown women should start doing a better job of boxing out the 22 yr old "dog".

Or maybe double team her every game like they do Caitlin Clark...................

What if CC and Angel had ended up on the same team. Angel does have excellent hands. CC would have set an unsurpassable record for assists.
It'll be interesting to see how these two get along come the All-Star games and eventually the Olympics, because they will be on the same team and some point sooner or later............

If I had to bet money, at some point in a game, Reese will ignore getting the ball back to Caitlin and then either give her a look or say something to her about not passing the ball to her.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT