ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Lots of phantom screens.... Then back to standing around waiting for CC to get doubled, so they can shoot.

The offensive strategy appears to be... Let CC get doubled and then do something.
It's not like slipping a screen to get to the basket either. Players moving laterally to get the ball back. Where's any type of structure to this offense?

Sides has to be telling her players NOT to set screens for Clark.
Clark isn't great at setting screens, but her teammates make her look like a f***ing reinforced steel wall compared to the bullsh** picks they're trying to set.

And it's an effort thing, which makes it even worse, because you can clearly see the lack of f***s given in all of them when "setting screens"...............

2 shots for CC on the 2nd half?

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

2 shots… now i get it. That girl was 62 and long and chasing her like a demon, so much so she finally cramped out at the end of the game, which is kind of cool in a way, but this offense has Clark standing around all the time, and there is no way she is just standing there to stand. It’s something to do with spacing and not having her involved in the offense. She should literally be the first second or third option every single ****ing play.

That’s the best screening they can do to free up, and they don’t have anybody else on the team that can make them pay. Holy shit. I am officially out on sides.

2 shots… now i get it. That girl was 62 and long and chasing her like a demon, so much so she finally cramped out at the end of the game, which is kind of cool in a way, but this offense has Clark standing around all the time, and there is no way she is just standing there to stand. It’s something to do with spacing and not having her involved in the offense. She should literally be the first second or third option every single ****ing play.

That’s the best screening they can do to free up, and they don’t have anybody else on the team that can make them pay. Holy shit. I am officially out on sides.
@eyesofhawk are you out yet as well?

Reactions: cmhawks99
Seattle's offensive production fell as the game went on. They scored <20 points in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Unfortunately, the Fever's offense stunk, so they were unable to mount a serious comeback.

The Fever fall at Seattle, 89-77

Caitlin & Erica Wheeler led the Fever in scoring with 15 points each.

Caitlin's Stats:

38 minutes (of 40 possible)

3-7 (43%) from three
1-2 (50%) from two
4-9 (44%) overall shooting

4-5 (80%) FTs

15 Points
7 Assists
6 Defensive Rebounds
1 Block

Smith is a revolving door on defense, Mitchell doesn't have much between the ears. It's CC, AB and a clown show
And AB had a super poor game… I’m going to have to stay off Twitter that’s for sure. This is silly and I’m even embarrassed by it, but I do get frustrated by those that can’t see the impact she has made… I’ve watched quite a few basketball games this year in the women’s league and there is nobody they chase around like they do her I mean that girl cramped out it’s ****ing crazy, and we don’t have anybody that can make them pay & Boston had a horrific game.

And as a critique it CC, she has got to keep her emotions in Check. She gets super frustrated. She hast to learn to play free and easy not just when things are going her way.

Reactions: nu2u
Smith is a revolving door on defense, Mitchell doesn't have much between the ears. It's CC, AB and a clown show
The fact that numerous times Smith ended up turned around and just throwing her hands up with her back to the offensive player in the paint like we're playing really bad JV basketball should earn her getting waived or traded before noon tomorrow.

This team needs a real 3/SF in the worst way possible.

Smith is an average PF that is an awful swing C/SF.

They need to reset this entire roster and follow the Iowa gameplan. A bunch of a 3 and D guards to surround CC, bigs who can run the floor with good hands/feet and just let CC do her thing. Run run run

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to accomplish. Landing a player like CC is the hard part

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT