ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Just curious, while I like Boston, what did she actually do at South Carolina that was so special? She has not been good from 12-15 feet and misses so many layups against the good teams?

That's probably the most downplayed aspect of the WNBA, imho.

There aren't 5 coaches in the WNBA that are as good as the best that college has to offer, and that should include Bluder after what we've seen so far this year.

The one thing I won't hold against WNBA coaches (and NBA coaches as well), is that they are tasked with not just coaching up their roster, but also managing an entire roster full of whatever the female equivalent of a man-child is.......................there's a reason most college coaches are like, "Yeah f*** that. 😀"

Bing-Fing-O

WNBA all star voting is open as well.

Voting ends tomorrow at 11:59 pm eastern time. Let's get Caitlin and Kate a few more votes.

She had a rough night. However, getting her the ball off the screen above the free throw line is not ideal for her. Shes not a pick and pop Center. She needs to be catching the ball 2-3 feet further down low to be effective. But they just kept running the same thing over and over.
I'm right there with you on that one. All season, I've wondered what in the hell is the purpose of passing the ball to Boston off of her phantom screens up above the free throw line. What is she going to do with the ball there?

Boston's pick needs to be at the top of the key, center court and CC can have room to create. The pick at the elbow, CC floating into the double and giving it up has been covered in this forum enough. Sides has a blindspot or just doesn't have the cache to pull it off.
The Caitlin needs more shots was an issue in game 3. She is just now coming to the realization of where the meal ticket is? Not good.
The other issue is that Sides needs to tell the "past last" duo of Mitchell & Wheeler the order of things. That obviously has not been addressed.
Add it up and you have a whole lot of disfunction going on.

AB needs to go park her butt in the low post and quit setting screens for CC. Caitlin should give Boston the old "thanks, but no thanks" wave. But Sides evidently likes her confused, can't hit-the-water-if-she-fell-out-of-a-boat center to run the offense from the free throw line.

This is Sabrina's 5th season in the WNBA.

GRPVhiQWUAAG67p

GRPVhiUXoAAx94M

The Aces (10-6) won at Washington (4-15) today, 88-77.

2 players are now affecting Kate Martin's minutes:

(1) On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement.
..........Hayes' stats today: 25 minutes, 2-4 (50%) from three, 3-4 (75%) from two, 5-6 (83%) FTs for 17 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block and 0 assists.

(2) 31 year old guard Chelsea Gray played today for the 4th time this season.
..........Gray's stats today: 26 minutes, 3-3 (100%) from three, 5-6 (83%) from two, 3-3 (100%) FTs for 22 points, 4 assists and 4 rebounds.

Hawkeye stats:

.......................Kate..........Megan

Mins...................6.....................6

From 3:...........1-1..................0-2
From 2:.........0-0.................0-0

Overall
Shooting:
.......1-1 (100%)...0-2 (0%)

FTs..................0-0..................0-0

Points................3......................0
Rebounds........0......................0
Steals................0......................0
Assists..............0......................0
Blocks...............0......................0

Turnovers.........0.....................0
Fouls...................0.....................0

After reading through a reddit sub for the Fever it was amazing the clips their fan base is putting together on the problem players [wheeler]. One play that would of ended wheeler at Indiana for me is when CC cleared her pick for an open 3 and wheeler instead drove the ball into 3 players and turned it over. CC grabs her head in frustration.

This team will never get better until the problem players are gone along with the coach. If the GM doesn't do it she needs to go to.

I sure hope there is a path that Bluder would considered coaching next year and pass the job on to one of her assistants that she will pick in a few years.

ESPNU has been showing an Iowa women 2024 tournament games marathon all morning, going up until the Final Four. Colorado now, LSU next. Obviously leads into ESPN covering Caitlin today.

BTW, this is the greatest diss on the Caitlin haters I’ve ever seen, and it’s a Black woman (important note for all colors of racists) and Wolverine alum. Just absolute gold! 🤣:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT