ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I didn't take it as such - I was just more or less voluntarily falling on my sword because I probably vented a couple of times during the early games where alcohol may or may not have been involved.
Same here. I remember wondering what all the hype was about and being hugely disappointed in her game at first.

Now I can see what people were talking about and why she was ROY in ‘23. Just glad she and CC got it turned around so quick

Nah I don’t know that you said she should be traded or anything. But cmon man, let’s give the fans a break for being frustrated at the beginning of the season at AB. She DID suck at the start of the year 😂 and seems like now she’s settled into the game more.

Now as for anyone who made threats or DMd AB with insults and things like that is obviously unacceptable.

But let the fans be fans on the message board without you going on a retroactive witch hunt against those who were frustrated watching what was a HORRIBLE Fever team at the beginning of the season 😂

She and the whole team struggled but anyone with a little bit of common sense could understand why. The team met for the FIRST DAY of training camp and 5 days later they had a preseason game. They then played 11 regular season games in 20 days.

But the bottom line has always been this:

* Does Boston suck, which is what was posted many times? NO, of course not.

* Should she be traded, which some posters suggested? NO, of course not.

Reactions: littlez
She and the whole team struggled but anyone with a little bit of common sense could understand why. The team met for the FIRST DAY of training camp and 5 days later they had a preseason game. They then played 11 regular season games in 20 days.

But the bottom line has always been this:

* Does Boston suck, which is what was posted many times? NO, of course not.

* Should she be traded, which some posters suggested? NO, of course not.
How about we all just anoint you the holiest paladin defending Boston's honor and we can move on to something interesting.

How about we all just anoint you the holiest paladin defending Boston's honor and we can move on to something interesting.

It is clear that you are still butt hurt on our back and forth on the Off Topic board so I am not surprised with you coming at me here. And you want to talk about moving on? LOL You clearly struggle with that.

And "holiest paladin?" Seriously, dude, who the fook are you trying to impress on here?

LOL...the shit that you post, man.

I'm going to create a WNBA Trade Machine just so that the next time Boston misses a layup I can come here and post scenarios. "Boston to Atlanta for Quisentart and a second-round pick, who says no?"

It is clear that you are still butt hurt on our back and forth on the Off Topic board so I am not surprised with you coming at me here. And you want to talk about moving on? LOL You clearly struggle with that.

And "holiest paladin?" Seriously, dude, who the fook are you trying to impress on here?

I agree with Tenacious, you clearly are the biggest Indiana Fever fan in the world and can do no wrong when posting about the team and its players.

Congratulations.

One random thought is that during the Mercury game, it looked like Copper wore herself out defending clark full court up in her grill, to the detriment of her shooting. Hopefully that will dissuade teams from doing that in the future.
She plays the helicopter style of defense, arms extended away from her side and kinda rotating about in response to every move by CC. Actually sometimes she angled her arms towards CC. Even worse. Either way it's total bullshit to be able to simply block someone with your arms.

NOT ENTERTAINING, WNBA. Impove the play and improve your product.

Just look at the last couple of pages. You dug up old posts of people and called them out for essentially posting the Boston was overrated. Why did you do that?

She plays the helicopter style of defense, arms extended away from her side and kinda rotating about in response to every move by CC. Actually sometimes she angled her arms towards CC. Even worse. Either way it's total bullshit to be able to simply block someone with your arms.

NOT ENTERTAINING, WNBA. Impove the play and improve your product.
All I know is that we were watching the game and we all agreed that NO ONE in the W gets guarded like that during the regular season, and she gets it all of the time, and is still torching teams.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Just look at the last couple of pages. You dug up old posts of people and called them out for essentially posting the Boston was overrated. Why did you do that?

Do a search on "Boston sucks" and there's plenty of posts to choose from. And I didn't say who posted what, so you are wrong; I didn't call anyone out specifically.

And why did I do that? Isn't it obvious? Boston doesn't suck. She shouldn't be traded. She simply needed time getting used to playing with an incredible point guard. The whole team needed time to get used to playing with each other.

Do a search on "Boston sucks" and there's plenty of posts to choose from. And I didn't say who posted what, so you are wrong; I didn't call anyone out specifically.

And why did I do that? Isn't it obvious? Boston doesn't suck. She shouldn't be traded. She simply needed time getting used to playing with an incredible point guard. The whole team needed time to get used to playing with each other.
We all agree with your last paragraph.

It’s you acting like you saw that all along and digging up old posts by others during game threads of frustrating performances by AB that is annoying.

Reactions: Tenacious E

Yes, and to that, here is my post: "How about we all just anoint you the holiest paladin defending Boston's honor . . . ."

Below are some definitions of "paladin". Does any of this ring true to you?

paladin. noun. pal·a·din ˈpal-əd-ən. : a person who fights for a cause as a knight fought for a king in the Middle Ages.

noun​

1. any one of the 12 legendary peers or knightly champions in attendance on Charlemagne.
  2. any knightly or heroic champion.
  3. any determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.

Reactions: spiderland
So anyway. Who's excited for the Aces/Fever game tonight? Stat line predictions for CC and KM?

I'm going:
CC - 19 points, 8 dimes, 4 rebounds.
KM - 6 points, 2 assists, 3 rebounds
This seems to be the game where there is momentum and I expect big things, only to have my hopes dashed. So my heart says CC - 20 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds in an unexpected upset, but in reality, it will probably be 11 points, 4 assists, and 5 rebounds in a blowout loss.

We all agree with your last paragraph.

It’s you acting like you saw that all along and digging up old posts by others during game threads of frustrating performances by AB that is annoying.

Anyone paying just a little bit of attention knew she was a good player. What was annoying was people claiming she was a bad player and should be traded when she struggled early.

You clearly don't trade this type of player:

* She was the #1 overall pick in 2023.

* In 2023 she averaged 14.5 pts, 8.4 rebs and 2.2 assts. She shot a WNBA-high 57.8% from the field.

* In 2023 she was named the unanimous 2023 WNBA Rookie of the Year; she received all 60 votes from a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. She was also awarded the Associated Press Rookie of the Year.

Yes, and to that, here is my post: "How about we all just anoint you the holiest paladin defending Boston's honor . . . ."

Below are some definitions of "paladin". Does any of this ring true to you?

paladin. noun. pal·a·din ˈpal-əd-ən. : a person who fights for a cause as a knight fought for a king in the Middle Ages.

noun​

1. any one of the 12 legendary peers or knightly champions in attendance on Charlemagne.
  2. any knightly or heroic champion.
  3. any determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.

my god....

Anyone paying just a little bit of attention knew she was a good player. What was annoying was people claiming she was a bad player and should be traded when she struggled early.

You clearly don't trade this type of player:

* She was the #1 overall pick in 2023.

* In 2023 she averaged 14.5 pts, 8.4 rebs and 2.2 assts. She shot a WNBA-high 57.8% from the field.

* In 2023 she was named the unanimous 2023 WNBA Rookie of the Year; she received all 60 votes from a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. She was also awarded the Associated Press Rookie of the Year.
She wasn’t playing like that at the time people made those posts though. So why did you dig up those people’s old posts?

To prove you were right and they were wrong? When it doesn’t have anything to do with tonight’s game?

It’s annoying and doesn’t fit into the context of the game thread. If you want to start a thread as a pat on the back for yourself go ahead so we all know not to look at it and it doesn’t clutter the game thread. Thanks

Same here. I remember wondering what all the hype was about and being hugely disappointed in her game at first.

Now I can see what people were talking about and why she was ROY in ‘23. Just glad she and CC got it turned around so quick
major-league-theyre-still-shitty.gif

She wasn’t playing like that at the time people made those posts though. So why did you dig up those people’s old posts?

To prove you were right and they were wrong? When it doesn’t have anything to do with tonight’s game?

It’s annoying and doesn’t fit into the context of the game thread. If you want to start a thread as a pat on the back for yourself go ahead so we all know not to look at it and it doesn’t clutter the game thread. Thanks
The Office Thank You GIF

Reactions: spiderland
She wasn’t playing like that at the time people made those posts though. So why did you dig those old comments posters made up? To prove you were right and they were wrong? When it doesn’t have anything to do with tonight’s game? It’s annoying and doesn’t fit into the context of the game thread. If you want to start a thread as a pat on the back for yourself go ahead so we all know not to look at it and it doesn’t clutter the game thread. Thanks

The point, obviously, was to simply show people were overreacting.

And nobody is arguing she was struggling early; again, the whole team was.

You seriously just wrote that Boston's play has nothing to do with the games that have been discussed in this mega thread. LOL

If you want to start an official thread on your stupid comments of the day go ahead so we all know not to look at it and it doesn’t clutter this game thread. Thanks

The dismissive way she dismissively said she’d draft the UCONN player over her as the first pick was the most pathetic, petty, ridiculous response someone could have given. She’s legit jealous and she just got humbled. Reality sucks for her right now and it’s glorious!
She stuck up for the UConn kid..good for her.. I'm sure many of you are alot more pissed about this than Caitlin is..good grief..

So you expect them to make every shot off her passes? lol not how basketball works, players don’t shoot 100%.
Not 100%, but at least make the wide open layups and bunnies, which makes up about 3-4 of those misses…I’m not even counting the missed wide open threes they miss off her passes. I have a pretty good idea if she was passing to Aja Wilson or Breanna Stewart, they wouldn’t have 5-7 missed layups a game. I’m quite aware how basketball works.

Not 100%, but at least make the wide open layups and bunnies, which makes up about 3-4 of those misses…I’m not even counting the missed wide open threes they miss off her passes. I have a pretty good idea if she was passing to Aja Wilson or Breanna Stewart, they wouldn’t have 5-7 missed layups a game. I’m quite aware how basketball works.
And the wide open 3s.

It's either that hard to find women out of college to knock down set 3 pt shots...................................or the WNBA is absolute trash and needs replaced.

I just gave a feeling CC might go bonkers tonight. 30 and will flirt with a triple double. Hoping for a close game and a Fever win. No offense to Kate and the Aces, but the league needs the Fever to be better than average.
Nah. Becky Hammon is a known defensive try hard.

They literally wouldn't even let Kate Martin guard CC 1 on 1.

Of the few times Kate got matched up on her, they immediately had help whichever way Clark tried to dribble around her.

Hilarious.

Reactions: SunzOutGunzOut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT