ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Aces are playing well again. Tough out for this Fever team, but would be nice to see the Fever playing on the same page again. That last 3rd quarter looked like something was clicking---but I suppose making shots will do that.

*Hope Martin sees good minutes. Only about 5 minutes each for both Meg and Kate last game. Chelsea Gray is the real deal, however.

Yet the W still finds a way to lose $50 million.
Tbf, the added losses this year are because of the charter flight expenses.

Their expenses will start to level out as they draw more revenue each year. It's not gonna be an immediate impact financially for the WNBA. They're starting in such a huge hole (that they created for themselves of course) and are only starting to climb out.

Here are the 10 most-watched WNBA games this season.

All 10 have averaged at least ONE MILLION viewers, and 9 of 10 have involved Caitlin Clark and the Fever.

GRhD91EWAAARMdU

Hypothetical question, as it isn't a possible scenario. You have two viewing options, so which do you choose:

1.) Random Indiana Fever game during Caitlin's rookie season.

2.) Iowa MBB first big ten match up of the upcoming season.

I'm picking 1.

Tbf, the added losses this year are because of the charter flight expenses.

Their expenses will start to level out as they draw more revenue each year. It's not gonna be an immediate impact financially for the WNBA. They're starting in such a huge hole (that they created for themselves of course) and are only starting to climb out.
That accounted for $25 million, they still lost another $25 million.

I don’t GAF about the back and forth between you guys, but this was too funny to pass up. Speaking of irony.
We need more “Line 1/Line 2” posts. Those are quality. Probably a couple thousand more or so. Maybe just in this thread alone.

Reactions: Chuck C
One random thought is that during the Mercury game, it looked like Copper wore herself out defending clark full court up in her grill, to the detriment of her shooting. Hopefully that will dissuade teams from doing that in the future.
How many women have had to leave games after cramping up from guarding CC this year? Must be at least 5. Or is it 6? I’ve lost count.

Reactions: Tenacious E
That accounted for $25 million, they still lost another $25 million.
It's typically 10-15, so I'd have to assume the extra losses were for further investments into the league this year with all the buzz.

The tale will be told in the next year or two, if Caitlin’s hy0e is just a flash for the league or if they'll actually begin to shift towards turning a profit.

We need more “Line 1/Line 2” posts. Those are quality. Probably a couple thousand more or so. Maybe just in this thread alone.
It’s just hard to let someone have the last word when they are wrong about 80% of the things they write. I balance in my mind the remote possibility penetrating his mind versus having shit drone on and on and threatening the viability of a thread. On the other hand, I mostly skip over that stuff between other posters when I’m reading threads of interest so maybe what evs.

It's typically 10-15, so I'd have to assume the extra losses were for further investments into the league this year with all the buzz.

The tale will be told in the next year or two, if Caitlin’s hy0e is just a flash for the league or if they'll actually begin to shift towards turning a profit.
They’ve never made money nor have they had to, so I doubt they employ people who are good at it.

It’s just hard to let someone have the last word when they are wrong about 80% of the things they write. I balance in my mind the remote possibility penetrating his mind versus having shit drone on and on and threatening the viability of a thread. On the other hand, I mostly skip over that stuff between other posters when I’m reading threads of interest so maybe what evs.

100% wrong. And that's your first sentence.

Any other dumb shit you wanna write?

Please stop while you are behind.

Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT