ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

CC currently averaging just under 7 (6.9) apg. I don’t think it’s crazy to say she could (or even should) easily have another 2 pg, which would put her at 9. Average 9 apg over 40 games and she pretty easily breaks the single season WNBA record of 316. As it stands now, I like her chances of breaking 300 and finishing in the top 3. Needs to average about 8 pg over last 20 to get there.
She’s averaging about seven when her teammates are missing 5-7 shots per game off her assists. She should be averaging around 12. Unfortunately I’m not sure that will improve much in the second half of the year.

She’s averaging about seven when her teammates are missing 5-7 shots per game off her assists. She should be averaging around 12. Unfortunately I’m not sure that will improve much in the second half of the year.
It has improved. I think it will continue to.

Indiana has 20 games left. While 12 of the 20 are against the teams with 0.500 or better records (Conn, NY, Sea, LV, Phx, and Minn), 9 of those 12 are at home (2 out of 3 are at Minn and tomorrow night is in Vegas; all others in Indy). The other 8 games are against teams that are a combined 25-64. I think a more favorable back end schedule along with a combination of rest and practice/preparation during the Olympic break sets up Caitlin to finish the season on a major tear.

It has improved. I think it will continue to.

Indiana has 20 games left. While 12 of the 20 are against the teams with 0.500 or better records (Conn, NY, Sea, LV, Phx, and Minn), 9 of those 12 are at home (2 out of 3 are at Minn and tomorrow night is in Vegas; all others in Indy). The other 8 games are against teams that are a combined 25-64. I think a more favorable back end schedule along with a combination of rest and practice/preparation during the Olympic break sets up Caitlin to finish the season on a major tear.
I hope so, but I’m not sure the other players on her team are good enough to improve much.

I hope so, but I’m not sure the other players on her team are good enough to improve much.
I hear ya, but I think they have and will continue to. If Aliyah had been playing anything like she’s playing now in the first 5 games of the season CC probably has 15 more assists total on the season easily. Keeping Fagbenle healthy down the stretch will be huge. And Mitchell might just be showing some signs that she is finally understanding how she will get her shots with CC. Yeah, I don’t want Wallace to ever touch the ball unless it’s on a back door cut to the basket. I still haven’t totally given up on Katie Lou’s jumper yet, and she’s had moments where she’s been able to finish on the break. Long story short, if you set CC’s O/U apg average for the final 20 games at 7.0, I’m gonna take the over.

I hear ya, but I think they have and will continue to. If Aliyah had been playing anything like she’s playing now in the first 5 games of the season CC probably has 15 more assists total on the season easily. Keeping Fagbenle healthy down the stretch will be huge. And Mitchell might just be showing some signs that she is finally understanding how she will get her shots with CC. Yeah, I don’t want Wallace to ever touch the ball unless it’s on a back door cut to the basket. I still haven’t totally given up on Katie Lou’s jumper yet, and she’s had moments where she’s been able to finish on the break. Long story short, if you set CC’s O/U apg average for the final 20 games at 7.0, I’m gonna take the over.
Samuelson is a weird deal. I swear she either makes it or she air balls it, and doesn't hit a thing. And not just once in a while.

This was a nice pregame moment but I am glad CC didn't suffer any hard fouls from Griner.

images

USATSI_23663134_168400517_lowres.jpg%20%20%20

ZVER7LRMBNFMHJ3AO7YLLHHPWM.jpg

minnesota-lynx-v-phoenix-mercury.jpg

Samuelson is a weird deal. I swear she either makes it or she air balls it, and doesn't hit a thing. And not just once in a while.
KLS appears to be very much a streaky shooter. She’s either on or off, and when she’s off she never gets enough minutes to get turned back on. This is first I’ve ever followed the W so not sure if that’s how she’s always been. I would still 100x rather have her put it up than Wallace.

Tonight’s game is about more than wins and losses for a Hawkeye family from Carroll. Tough story to tell here, but Bailey was just given a couple months to live this past week. They had their previous Make A Wish cancelled as she wouldn’t be strong enough to make the trip. The Aces made this happen for Bailey. Private flight to Vegas, tickets to the game and access to practice.

Sorry to anyone who might know the Lux family better than I do, if I get some of these details wrong. I met Bailey’s Dad, Kraig, through a mutual friend in late February of this year. His daughter, Bailey (14) was diagnosed with cancer first. Sarcoma. She started treatments and spent a lot of time back and forth to Iowa City. December 2022, Bailey was in remission. Shortly after being declared cancer free, Kraig’s wife, Bailey’s Mom, is also diagnosed with Sarcoma. Unfortunately, the cancer spread quickly and she lost her battle in Jan of ‘24. Approximately 30 days later, back to IC for more scans for Bailey. Cancer is back. Over the next few weeks the news got worse. Much worse for Bailey.

During her stays in Iowa City, Bailey became close to to Iowa women’s basketball team through their connection to ICH. She’s Caitlyn and Kate’s biggest fan. But, CC and Kate might also be Bailey’s biggest fan too. They text or message daily. Coach Bluder and the Iowa Athletic Department made it possible for Bailey and her family to have access to the team whenever possible, even through their amazing run to the NC game. The daily flow of texts and instant messages filled with love and inspiration never stopped.

Hard to not have tears in my eyes while typing for Bailey, Kraig and their family. They just had their oldest daughter graduate from Morningside and their son will be a senior at Carroll Kuemper this fall.

Again, my apologies to anyone close to the Lux’s if I got any details wrong or if anyone feels that I shouldn’t be sharing this. My heart goes out to the Lux family, with whom I’ve never met, except Kraig. I can’t imagine going through what they have all been through the last couple of years.

So you expect them to make every shot off her passes? lol not how basketball works, players don’t shoot 100%.

Reactions: CyberJJ and littlez
So you expect them to make every shot off her passes? lol not how basketball works, players don’t shoot 100%.
I hear what you are saying, but there have been quite a number of missed layup and bunnies over the first 20 games. All of the misses on wide open jump shots just kind of add to it, and are par for the course because Indiana has not been a good shooting team over the past couple of years.

Reactions: Whinny
How do we reconcile that sick ankle breaker CC had that was followed by an airball. It’s one of her greatest highlights but unfortunately the airmail is kinda hilarious. I wish we could AI in a swish.
So frustrating, I know. Hit that and it's a CAREER highlight.

Then you think about being one rebound shy of a triple double as a rook. A lil frustrating too.

Fortunately they got the win. But had CC got the hat trick against none other than Miss Reality ... it would have been an all-time statement game.

OTOH, I'm terribly greedy! Still an incredible game.

I hear what you are saying, but there have been quite a number of missed layup and bunnies over the first 20 games. All of the misses on wide open jump shots just kind of add to it, and are par for the course because Indiana has not been a good shooting team over the past couple of years.
No but the air balls and bricks off wide open shot are ridiculously high.

I think it was pretty clear from the comments being made that posters were saying she was a crappy player. There were a lot of "she sucks" and "how the hell did she win rookie of the year last year" in the early part of the season. And I gave you just 4 examples of the many types of comments that were being made.

And now that Boston is playing a lot better? Those people are suddenly quiet.
Not going to go back and find it because idgaf but I specifically remember seeing YOU post shit about Boston during game threads 😂

Not going to go back and find it because idgaf but I specifically remember seeing YOU post shit about Boston during game threads 😂
I will agree with @ottumwan in tx and say she DID play like shit to start the year, relative to her ROY campaign. Currently, she is playing at a high level. I might have posted that she sucks because I was more or less in disbelief as I came to the W as a new fan thinking she was incredible, and I do try to not use adjectives like that labeling a person (I'm not perfect though). With that being said, I have no problem using adverbs in saying she was playing shitty.

Good luck trying to find where I said she sucked and that she should be traded.
Nah I don’t know that you said she should be traded or anything. But cmon man, let’s give the fans a break for being frustrated at the beginning of the season at AB. She DID suck at the start of the year 😂 and seems like now she’s settled into the game more.

Now as for anyone who made threats or DMd AB with insults and things like that is obviously unacceptable.

But let the fans be fans on the message board without you going on a retroactive witch hunt against those who were frustrated watching what was a HORRIBLE Fever team at the beginning of the season 😂

I will agree with @ottumwan in tx and say she DID play like shit to start the year, relative to her ROY campaign. Currently, she is playing at a high level. I might have posted that she sucks because I was more or less in disbelief as I came to the W as a new fan thinking she was incredible, and I do try to not use adjectives like that labeling a person (I'm not perfect though). With that being said, I have no problem using adverbs in saying she was playing shitty.
Sorry Teancious, I was replying to Fran! Wasn’t coming at you there lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT