ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Looking at the box score.
Team leader in points- Clark 19
Team leader in rebounds- Clark 12
Team leader in assists- Clark 13
Team leader in steals- Clark 2
38 minutes played was the team lead too. Only 4 turnovers on the game.
Clark had two turnovers early in the second half, but then had zero turnovers in the last 17 minutes of the game.

The total combined number of triple doubles recorded by Diana Taurasi, Sabrina Ionescu, Breanna Stewart, A’ja Wilson, and Dijonai Carrington as WNBA rookies:
count-counting.gif

It's ironic that Clark got her first triple-double, but her shitty shooting is going to cost them the game. After the first five minutes, it looked like she was going to light up the Liberty.
Is it. Once again there seems to be a different standard for CC then every one else. even Iowa fans. Stewart is considered one of the top 3 players in the league, and she has shot like crap the whole game. Sabrina is only 4-13 from three. I don't see people calling them out.....

Sorry, I have a life to live rather than spending all my time reading threads.
Whatever with your backhanded play at my screen time. I 'm on here maybe a half hour a day off and on. I DO however try to read what people post before I comment on what they said.

Sometimes I think the women need to move to a 30 second clock.
They absolutely should. The WNBA is allowed to be too physical/restrict freedom of movement, and the offensive skill set just isn't good enough to lend itself to such a small window of time for good offense to be run.

Those 6 seconds can make all the difference.

Reactions: Tom Paris
After today, Caitlin now has 162 assists on the season. The single season record for anyone (not just rookies) is 316. She needs 155 over 18 games to break it. That’s about 8.6 per game. Not to jinx her, but I think she’s gonna get it.

The Fever schedule was way front end loaded. The back end is a lot more favorable. As an example, of 8 games in September, 6 of them are at home, with the two road games at Dallas and at Washington.

She just averaged 10.8 assists in four games against the Storm, Mercury, Aces, and Liberty, with 3 of those 4 on the road. How does she not get that record? And if she does, how do you not give ROY to the player who sets the single season record in her rookie year?

I guess I picked a good time to travel to Indiana for my first Fever game.

WHAT A GAME!!! Even better in person!!
So, just a quick follow-up to my previous post. Great experience at the game and in Indy. Gainbridge is definitely Carver East — tons of folks in Hawkeye gear. I recommend others make the trip if you have a chance.

Also want to give a shout-out to the Arena staff. We had the misfortune that after returning to our AirBnB after the game, my adult son discovered he no longer had his wallet with him. Retracing his steps, we concluded that it was most likely left at the arena. We returned to Gainbridge, not expecting to find anything other than locked doors. But we happened upon a security worker named Doug, who quickly agreed to help us. He radioed to a coworker named Jim, who took us inside and walked us back to our seats, where we found the wallet, on the floor under our seats. We were thoroughly impressed with this level of customer service … they could have easily turned us away and simply told us to file a claim with the online lost-and-found system. But instead, they went the extra mile to help us out.

We can’t wait to come back for another game. It’s been a great experience.

Definitely not good enough for the Olympics.

s reactions share GIF

Looking forward to about 5 more triple doubles by CC and lots of crow eating haters out there.

Best stat today.... Just 4 turnovers.
"OH those rebounds were not hard rebounds, she just stood there not guarding anybody and the ball just bounced to her. None were offensive either." says all the haters on YouTube.

Did they announce an individual stat over the PA while the outcome of the game was still in question? FFS

I was there. No. It was on the Jumbotron but no PA announcement. The stat leaders are tracked all game and the buzz was building, hence why the huge cheer immediately for the last rebound.

But it seemed everyone knew. Long ovation.

Yep, everyone knew. They are great fans. They stand and cheer.

Oh, and another missed layup here ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT