ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

So, just a quick follow-up to my previous post. Great experience at the game and in Indy. Gainbridge is definitely Carver East — tons of folks in Hawkeye gear. I recommend others make the trip if you have a chance.

Also want to give a shout-out to the Arena staff. We had the misfortune that after returning to our AirBnB after the game, my adult son discovered he no longer had his wallet with him. Retracing his steps, we concluded that it was most likely left at the arena. We returned to Gainbridge, not expecting to find anything other than locked doors. But we happened upon a security worker named Doug, who quickly agreed to help us. He radioed to a coworker named Jim, who took us inside and walked us back to our seats, where we found the wallet, on the floor under our seats. We were thoroughly impressed with this level of customer service … they could have easily turned us away and simply told us to file a claim with the online lost-and-found system. But instead, they went the extra mile to help us out.

We can’t wait to come back for another game. It’s been a great experience.
We went a couple of weeks ago. Loved the game. Loved Indy and will be back yearly. St. Elmo helped seal the deal also.

"OH those rebounds were not hard rebounds, she just stood there not guarding anybody and the ball just bounced to her. None were offensive either." says all the haters on YouTube.
Just so I get this straight—hard rebounds are the ones where the ball bounces to you off your own missed shot, but easy rebounds are when it comes to you off others’ shots? Got it.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Fever's Phenom​

i

Caitlin Clark reached 350 points and 150 assists in her 22nd career game. That's the fastest mark by any player to start a season in WNBA history, regardless of years in the league.

2024 Caitlin Clark22<<
2018 Skylar Diggins-Smith23
2023 Chelsea Gray24
2022 Sabrina Ionescu24
2023 Alyssa Thomas25
2014 Diana Taurasi25
2002 Sue Bird25<<
>>To Start Career

It looks like CC might be getting under the skin of Sabrina Ionescue...Ionescue's quote, paraphrasing..."This is their Super Bowl.

This was the 4th game this season New York played in front of 17k+ people, all against the Fever. The rest of their games average 8,967.

Today was a big-time environment for one of these teams, and for the other it was Saturday.

New York's schedule so far, sorted by attendance:

DateOpponentAttendance
6/6/2024@Dream3,255
6/23/2024@Dream3,260
5/14/2024@Mystics4,200
5/25/2024@Lynx7,010
6/25/2024Lynx7,015
6/4/2024@Sky8,277
6/8/2024@Sun8,910
5/29/2024Mercury9,182
5/20/2024Storm9,381
6/18/2024@Mercury9,824
5/31/2024Mystics9,878
6/15/2024@Aces10,424
6/30/2024Dream10,823
7/2/2024Liberty10,846
6/20/2024Sparks10,955
5/23/2024Sky12,049
6/9/2024Mystics12,477
6/22/2024Sparks13,639
5/16/2024@Fever17,274
7/6/2024@Fever17,274
6/2/2024Fever17,401
5/18/2024Fever17,735

1.) That Sabrina quote is a nothingburger. She was very complimentary of the Fever, and she’s always been a very likable baller in my eyes.

2.) Today was my first WNBA game and everything exceeded expectations by a mile. Gainbridge is gorgeous, the staff are unusually kind and helpful, and the whole environment was electric. I splurged on excellent seats and couldn’t have picked a better game. The fan support for Caitlin is even bigger than you think it is.

3.) Did I hear right that Diana Taurasi has never had a triple double?

1.) That Sabrina quote is a nothingburger. She was very complimentary of the Fever, and she’s always been a very likable baller in my eyes.

2.) Today was my first WNBA game and everything exceeded expectations by a mile. Gainbridge is gorgeous, the staff are unusually kind and helpful, and the whole environment was electric. I splurged on excellent seats and couldn’t have picked a better game. The fan support for Caitlin is even bigger than you think it is.

3.) Did I hear right that Diana Taurasi has never had a triple double?
There’s only been 16 players in the history of the league to get a triple double and Taurasi isn’t one of them. That’s why they don’t talk about triple doubles, they hype up double doubles because WNBA players can actually accomplish that.

So, just a quick follow-up to my previous post. Great experience at the game and in Indy. Gainbridge is definitely Carver East — tons of folks in Hawkeye gear. I recommend others make the trip if you have a chance.

Also want to give a shout-out to the Arena staff. We had the misfortune that after returning to our AirBnB after the game, my adult son discovered he no longer had his wallet with him. Retracing his steps, we concluded that it was most likely left at the arena. We returned to Gainbridge, not expecting to find anything other than locked doors. But we happened upon a security worker named Doug, who quickly agreed to help us. He radioed to a coworker named Jim, who took us inside and walked us back to our seats, where we found the wallet, on the floor under our seats. We were thoroughly impressed with this level of customer service … they could have easily turned us away and simply told us to file a claim with the online lost-and-found system. But instead, they went the extra mile to help us out.

We can’t wait to come back for another game. It’s been a great experience.
Appreciate you sharing that.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT