ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I'm curious when the coach is going to get any credit for this? When the team was bad it was all her fault, you know. And no I'm not a big fan of the coach, I just get weary of it always being the coach's fault, according to many on this Board, when things don't go well.
That’s a fair point. I think if they continue to play better together and finish the season strong Sides does deserve credit where credit is due. With that said, I’ve also been pretty frustrated and confused with playing time of certain players, substitutions, and why Sides sometimes is directing them to play in a way that doesn’t always play to their (especially Caitlin’s) strengths. I guess we’ll see what happens…

That’s a fair point. I think if they continue to play better together and finish the season strong Sides does deserve credit where credit is due. With that said, I’ve also been pretty frustrated and confused with playing time of certain players, substitutions, and why Sides sometimes is directing them to play in a way that doesn’t always play to their (especially Caitlin’s) strengths. I guess we’ll see what happens…
You're not the only one who is confused and frustrated. I share your sentiment entirely. Yes, Sides does deserve credit at times, as you've said. Her coaching is at best inconsistent and her rotations and sets are questionable. I believe that you have addressed one of the bigger problems that she has, that she doesn't use Clark the way she should at times, maximizing CC's efficiency. Hopefully this will turn around, but honestly, I'm just not seeing it yet.
The Fever GM should get players who are going to be good in the system. This is Clark's team, and they need to build around her.

You're not the only one who is confused and frustrated. I share your sentiment entirely. Yes, Sides does deserve credit at times, as you've said. Her coaching is at best inconsistent and her rotations and sets are questionable. I believe that you have addressed one of the bigger problems that she has, that she doesn't use Clark the way she should at times, maximizing CC's efficiency. Hopefully this will turn around, but honestly, I'm just not seeing it yet.
The Fever GM should get players who are going to be good in the system. This is Clark's team, and they need to build around her.
She's definitely a two steps forward and one step back coach. She has done some things to irritate me but then I have seen her correct some of those issues. Either she is listening to the criticism or she is already well aware of them and it is just taking time to get the players to do it properly. I hope it's the second one. It's clear that there are some players who are stubborn and slow to change. I'm not sure there are any coaches that can make them change quicker short of removing them from the team.

At this point, I'm not sure what they should do. If they keep her, she needs to find someone with a lot of experience to help her out. She seems to be very poor at in game adjustments, or the players are very poor at executing the adjustments that she wants made. Having an experienced coach on hand could really help make those recognitions faster and the proper adjustment implemented sooner. Not all changes need to wait until half time.

If they fire her, obviously find the best coach out there to coach the future of the league.

She's definitely a two steps forward and one step back coach. She has done some things to irritate me but then I have seen her correct some of those issues. Either she is listening to the criticism or she is already well aware of them and it is just taking time to get the players to do it properly. I hope it's the second one. It's clear that there are some players who are stubborn and slow to change. I'm not sure there are any coaches that can make them change quicker short of removing them from the team.

At this point, I'm not sure what they should do. If they keep her, she needs to find someone with a lot of experience to help her out. She seems to be very poor at in game adjustments, or the players are very poor at executing the adjustments that she wants made. Having an experienced coach on hand could really help make those recognitions faster and the proper adjustment implemented sooner. Not all changes need to wait until half time.

If they fire her, obviously find the best coach out there to coach the future of the league.
She a very bad Jude of talent. Hull /wallace alone is criminal.

Reactions: BioHawk and DewHawk
Just watched the last possession and for the life of me I can't figure out why the rule isn't "If there is less than 20 seconds left on the clock, the ball is in Clark's hands unless they sell out so hard to keep that from happening there is a clear open shot available under the basket". Clark is either going to draw the double team, leaving someone open for Clark to find or she is going to be able to create her own shot and go for 3. This shouldn't be that hard of a concept to figure out.
That last possession is proof that Sides is clueless. She has to go.

Agree. I recall her telling the Media that there was an effort issue with "The Team (Or the players)." If that's the case, then tell them to get on board, or simply get rid of them. That's why I mentioned Linn Dunn earlier. As you've said, if it's a "coaching thing" where she could use good in-game advice, then I'd consider that as well. There are only seventeen games remaining, but with the All Star/Olympics break coming up on July 20th, she and her staff can work to further try to figure things out until play resumes on Aug. 16.

What Caitlin did today hasn't been done in 50 years.

GSJXFhkXAAAV60I

Remember Clark standing near the top of the key until time ran out? Is that what she drew up? The color commentator applauded the defense for getting the stop, but to me it just looked like a confusing mess.
They didn't have time to pass twice there. You have to run screens for CC, get her open and have her let it fly. So the play was doomed from the start.

Agreed, I was thinking they should’ve drafted Clark, Brink, Cardoso, and Rickea Jackson.
Too many disingenuous, crybaby, cocksuckers on this forum. But none of you have the balls to argue in good faith anyway.

Well, good Lord. Your on here saying they should have grabbed Cardosa. Between her, and Brink and Clark they were all going to be top 5 picks. I mean that statement is as stupid as the people who say the Fever need to trade Wallace and Wheeler, like anyone with a brain would trade ANY decent player with value for that scrap heap....
Congrats bro, you got me on forgetting the order in who was drafted. Truly, good job, 10 out of 10.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Fever should have also drafted a big, not two guards who they ended up letting go.

Angel was stuck on 9 points and 13 rebounds. Watch the video below & note the score and time left (15 seconds).

Chicago was up 7, had the ball, and 99.999% of the time the team leading would just dribble out the clock.

But no! As everyone can see, Angel was desperate, demanding the ball, and had to get that double double.

She got fouled, hit both FTs and ended up with 11 points & 13 rebounds.

What a joke.

Yeah, I was off on the description. What really happened was even worse lol.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I would say they are winning despite coaching.

Arguing with Reese fans is like arguing with a clueless child. I'm sure you all have encountered the repeated notion that "Reese made Clark" which is utterly laughable but they truly believe it.

I encountered this guy making that claim and so I decided to pull up the data to show how absolutely false this is.

Most watched regular season games of the 2022-2023 season

• 1. Iowa vs. Ohio State (January 23, 2023): 1.9 million viewers
  • 2. South Carolina vs. LSU (February 12, 2023): 1.5 million viewers
  • 3. Iowa vs. Indiana (February 26, 2023): 1.1 million viewers
  • 4. UConn vs. South Carolina (February 5, 2023): 1.0 million viewers
  • 5. Iowa vs. UConn (November 27, 2022): 860,000 viewers
  • 6. South Carolina vs. Stanford (November 20, 2022): 820,000 viewers
  • 7. Iowa vs. Michigan (February 2, 2023): 810,000 viewers
  • 8. UConn vs. Tennessee (January 26, 2023): 780,000 viewers
  • 9. South Carolina vs. Tennessee (January 22, 2023): 750,000 viewers
  • 10. Indiana vs. Michigan (January 30, 2023): 720,000 viewers
Iowa is three of the top seven most watched regular season games. Reese only appears on the list when facing undefeated South Carolina who is on the list four times as well. From this it's very apparent that SC, Iowa, and UConn had the most interest.

Now here are the top 10 most watched NCAA Tournament games that season.

• 1.National Championship: LSU vs. Iowa - 9.9 million viewers
  • 2. Final Four: Iowa vs. South Carolina - 6.6 million viewers
  • 3. Final Four: Virginia Tech vs. LSU - 3.4 million viewers
  • 4. Elite Eight: Iowa vs. Louisville - 2.5 million viewers
  • 5. Sweet 16: Ohio State vs. UConn - 2.4 million viewers
  • 6. Elite Eight: Virginia Tech vs. Ohio State - 2.3 million viewers
  • 7. Elite Eight: South Carolina vs. Maryland - 2.2 million viewers
  • 8. Sweet 16: Iowa vs. Colorado - 2.1 million viewers
  • 9. Sweet 16: UConn vs. NC State - 2.0 million viewers
  • 10. First Round: UConn vs. Vermont - 1.9 million viewers
Before the Final Four, Iowa's Elite 8 game was the most watched in the tournament. Wow! So weird. I don't see LSU and Reese on this list before the Final Four and when she does appear, the second game got double the viewers. Meanwhile, Iowa's Sweet 16 game against Colorado was the fifth most watched game before the Final Four.

So clearly Clark and Iowa were interesting before Reese and it's Reese who is the manufactured "star" who needed Clark.

For giggles, let's look at 2024 most watched games.

1. Championship Game: South Carolina vs. Iowa - 18.9 million viewers (Nielsen).
2. Elite Eight: Iowa vs. LSU - 12.3 million viewers (Sportsnaut).
3. Final Four: Iowa vs. UConn - 14.2 million viewers (Sportsnaut).

4. Sweet 16: South Carolina vs. NC State - 7.1 million viewers (Just Women's Sports).
5. Second Round: Iowa vs. Colorado - 6.9 million viewers (Sportsnaut).
6. Second Round: UConn vs. USC - 6.7 million viewers (Just Women's Sports).
7. First Round: Iowa vs. West Virginia - 4.9 million viewers (Just Women's Sports).
8. Sweet 16: UCLA vs. LSU - 3.6 million viewers (Just Women's Sports).
9. Big Ten Championship: Ohio State vs. Iowa - 3.39 million viewers (Just Women's Sports).
10. First Round: Iowa vs. Holy Cross - 3.2 million viewers

So seven of the 10 most watched games in 2024 were Iowa games. That's weird that Clark is on here so much and Reese is only on here once without Clark.

Let's look at WNBA attendance because Reese is such a big star and people are tuning in cause of her and it's totally not cause of the media pushing her and fans not.

The Fever are overwhelmingly leading in attendance. The Sky are seventh. This is not even mentioning that Clark's road games helps the attendance numbers of every team she plays thus boosting them further.

Let's look at ratings. Surely, Reese (being the obvious ROTY and all) is on there a lot without Clark.

June 23 – Indiana Fever @ Chicago Sky (ESPN)2.302 million
June 16 – Chicago Sky @ Indiana Fever (CBS)2.25 million
May 14 – Indiana Fever @ Connecticut Sun (ESPN2)2.12 million
June 30 – Indiana Fever @ Phoenic Mercury (ESPN)1.93 million
May 18- Indiana Fever @ New York Liberty (ABC)1.71 million
May 20 – Connecticut Sun @ Indiana Fever (ESPN)1.56 million
June 1- Chicago Sky vs Indiana Fever (ESPN)1.53 million
July 2 – Indiana Fever vs Las Vegas Aces (ESPN)1.45 million
May 18 – Los Angeles Sparks @ Las Vegas Aces (ABC)1.34 million
June 21 – Indiana Fever @ Atlanta Dream (ION)1.18 million
June 7 – Indiana Fever @ Washington Mystics (ION)1.023 million
June 8 – New York Liberty @ Connecticut Sun (ABC)962,000
May 24 – Indiana Fever @ Los Angeles Sparks (ION)724,000

Oh, what's that? Of the 13 most watched WNBA games, 11 of them are Fever games? The other two are Sparks vs Aces, and Aces vs Liberty. The only games the Sky are on here is if they're playing Clark.

Sarcasm, I know, but she has 4. The WNBA record is 6 for asst/point DD. Courtney Vandersloot did that in 2017. Clark is now tied for second. She will have this record soon.
That's a hell of a stat to keep an eye on!

Seems to me if Caitlin can grab the record in that type of consecutive double-doubles, what I'll call a guard's double-double, then that should blunt all this double-double mania.

Of course idiots will still blab about 14+ but 7+ for a guard would be objectively just as impressive,

Seems to me if Caitlin can grab the record in that type of consecutive double-doubles, what I'll call a guard's double-double, then that should blunt all this double-double mania.

Of course idiots will still blab about 14+ but 7+ for a guard would be objectively just as impressive,
I hear you, but the CC/AR thing smacks of the political polarization in this country. Both sides thinks the other are full of idiots, and will not change their mind. Hopefully, the actual media members who vote will be reasonable and agree with the correct CC side.

I hear you, but the CC/AR thing smacks of the political polarization in this country. Both sides thinks the other are full of idiots, and will not change their mind. Hopefully, the actual media members who vote will be reasonable and agree with the correct CC side.
Yep, that's why I said it should silence that argument. It won't, but hopefully it would resonate with objective undecided people, so to speak, especially those in the media.

Speaking of media, how soon before calls for transparency in the process begins? Gonna need some transparency in this political powder keg.

But Reese fans are so lost. It's not even objective measures to have the claims that they do.

Reese can't shoot, she can't dribble, she can't pass, and can't even block.
She does not have the interest that she claims and it's the media propping her up.

Yesterday, we saw this girl still trying to post up and score with the ball and up by 7 so she could get a double-double and the ref was quick to call a foul. She's very unlikable, classless and arrogant. Her fans really dislike white people too and they have latched on to her as the antithesis of Clark.

These people downplay Clark despite Clark leading Reese in nearly everything but rebounds.

Last edited:
I wonder if things are finally coming to a head with Smith's atrocious defense...

I posted earlier after a loss that this team is a collection of garbage. I saw Hull was starting but figured it was for KLS not Smith. I also posted that after this year they need to keep the core 3 and possibly Fagbenle and just start over. There literally isn't one useful player that would be of any help on any other team in the league.

They need to get rid of Sides as well, get in a coach that will have this team running and gunning, make everyone realize that this is CC22's team if you don't like it, show them the door (AB and KM!). If this wasn't such a shit team CC22 name could quite literally be spoken in the same breath as A'ja Wilson in terms of MVP.

I posted this in the ROY thread. Things are trending up for CC. It makes the pushing of AR's narrative recently that much more puzzling.

894S7Pk.jpeg

I saw that Wallace had like 4 min playing time and scored a bucket. She also turned the ball over twice. This is someone who was selected to an Olympic team. I'm happy she's on the bench now though. Think of it. The year she's had so far, and she's an Olympian.
Dude, she's on the Aussie team. Who do you think they had to pick from? Ever wonder why the US women cream everybody every year? Case in point.......

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Too many disingenuous, crybaby, cocksuckers on this forum. But none of you have the balls to argue in good faith anyway.

Congrats bro, you got me on forgetting the order in who was drafted. Truly, good job, 10 out of 10.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Fever should have also drafted a big, not two guards who they ended up letting go.
Talk about crying. Lolol.. I mean if your saying that you have watched the Fever's games, and they've played the Sky three times already they have talked COUNTLESS times in where CC. Cardosa, and Reese were drafted. I'd think you would have an idea with out having to remember back to the draft order in May. It's easy to say that Dunn, (she's the Fevers GM in case you didn't know that), screwed the pooch by not drafting another big, but who was an available post that would have made a difference after Brink, (the #2 pick), and Cardosa the #3 pick?

Reactions: littlez

Reese fans clearly do not want to see any differences between guard and post (because it doesn't help their argument...........)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Talk about crying. Lolol.. I mean if your saying that you have watched the Fever's games, and they've played the Sky three times already they have talked COUNTLESS times in where CC. Cardosa, and Reese were drafted. I'd think you would have an idea with out having to remember back to the draft order in May. It's easy to say that Dunn, (she's the Fevers GM in case you didn't know that), screwed the pooch by not drafting another big, but who was an available post that would have made a difference after Brink, (the #2 pick), and Cardosa the #3 pick?
Key word, where, not when. Analysts are never talking about the draft order. I also turned off the draft as soon as I saw CC get drafted, because no one else mattered to me. Again, anyone normal doesn't know off the top of their head who was drafted at what time. I was under the impression that the Fever had a second first round pick, but instead that was the Sky, Sparks, and Wings. But your arguments aren't convincing, nor do they change my mind that the Fever shouldn't have tried drafting a center.

The following Centers were available in Round 2 for the Fever's pick:
Taiyanna Jackson
Jessika Carter
Elizabeth Kitley

I would have the Fever try any one of these players over the third guard that we cut. And whaddaya know? We cut the other guard, Celeste, to make room for a 6'4" big mid-season. It's almost like the Fever are well aware of the help we need down below? Golly gee, it's like I know what I'm talking about.

Reese fans clearly do not want to see any differences between guard and post (because it doesn't help their argument...........)
Stats can be used to justify anything, they just have to pick the stats that back up their argument. Most of the media folks and WNBA “experts” don’t understand Caitlin’s game, so they crap on it because it doesn’t fit into their small area of understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT