ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Who knows, this could be Caitlin’s unofficial tryout for team USA, given the rash of injuries. If not, I hope the all stars light team USA on fire next weekend.

couple things:

* Cheryl Reeve is the Olympic head coach; I hope CC goes off with 40/15/10 triple double ;)

* CC didn't shoot well at Target Center during the B1G Tournament, IIRC....hopefully that trend does not continue

She and Cardosa had their tiffs in college, and not sure she's "a Fan" now either......

I think some of her team mates are starting to see that with Reese its more about HER getting HER's then about the team winning. Reese is so obsessed with keeping her name right next to Clark's in the news cycle that its her only focus....

Yes, I believe you are correct. The narratives that “some” of the country has and she helps fosters is, they are crowd drawing international superstars with similar skills sets & maybe worse, similar character.

Before I finish, I want to take a quick aside, it’s never appropriate to judge somebody’s character honestly at all, we have not walked in their shoes, and Ive got to tell you we’ve all done plenty of dumb shit. Me too, unfortunately, I’m a pretty good dude pretty loving, pretty compassionate, hard-working, etc. but I still routinely do and say dumb shit, the point is she’s 22 and I’m sure she’s not “bad” but….

The things she’s doing, and the hand wave immediately comes to mind. What an effing ruse that was, Clark does it on the sidelines walking to the bench. I honestly had no clue “that” happened until after AR followed her around the court for three minutes doing it to her, and someone dug back around to find CC did it as well, so it’s “ok”😂

I mean what in the holy hell. Other than the gesture, who, in the hell thinks those are comparable things🤷‍♂️ I mean most of the “comparisons” complaining, outbursts, etc, are comparable in that it happens only. Intensity, scope, causality, amount of times happening, etc Aren’t remotely in the same vein.

It would be like a disgruntled customer coming in and loudly complaining at the gas station about something stupid to a guy that storms into the gas station drops. Multiple expletives shoves something to the floor tries to grab a hold of the cashier and then slams the door breaking the glass on the way out…

How’s that for imaginative thinking 🧐

Honestly, if this thing was made into a movie, this whole entire circus, it would be thrown out because the plot is so unbelievable. That’s how crazy all this shit is.

And Making fun of myself…until a year ago I never even knew what the hell that hand wave thing was. I guess I’m an old man.🤓

Reactions: BioHawk
Yes, I believe you are correct. The narratives that “some” of the country has and she helps fosters is, they are crowd drawing international superstars with similar skills sets & maybe worse, similar character.

Before I finish, I want to take a quick aside, it’s never appropriate to judge somebody’s character honestly at all, we have not walked in their shoes, and Ive got to tell you we’ve all done plenty of dumb shit. Me too, unfortunately, I’m a pretty good dude pretty loving, pretty compassionate, hard-working, etc. but I still routinely do and say dumb shit, the point is she’s 22 and I’m sure she’s not “bad” but….

The things she’s doing, and the hand wave immediately comes to mind. What an effing ruse that was, Clark does it on the sidelines walking to the bench. I honestly had no clue “that” happened until after AR followed her around the court for three minutes doing it to her, and someone dug back around to find CC did it as well, so it’s “ok”😂

I mean what in the holy hell. Other than the gesture, who, in the hell thinks those are comparable things🤷‍♂️ I mean most of the “comparisons” complaining, outbursts, etc, are comparable in that it happens only. Intensity, scope, causality, amount of times happening, etc Aren’t remotely in the same vein.

It would be like a disgruntled customer coming in and loudly complaining at the gas station about something stupid to a guy that storms into the gas station drops. Multiple expletives shoves something to the floor tries to grab a hold of the cashier and then slams the door breaking the glass on the way out…

How’s that for imaginative thinking 🧐

Honestly, if this thing was made into a movie, this whole entire circus, it would be thrown out because the plot is so unbelievable. That’s how crazy all this shit is.

And Making fun of myself…until a year ago I never even knew what the hell that hand wave thing was. I guess I’m an old man.🤓
And Caitlin wasn’t do the hand gesture at another player, she was doing it at her strength coach and not even against LSU, so talk about apples and oranges.

I think some of her team mates are starting to see that with Reese its more about HER getting HER's then about the team winning. Reese is so obsessed with keeping her name right next to Clark's in the news cycle that its her only focus....
I made this point in a much longer reply in the Angel Appreciation thread.

The Fever won 13 games last year. The Sky won 18.

Fever have 16 games left (including today) while the Sky have 17. So the Fever need to finish no worse than 4-12 and they will have improved their season over last year. The Sky need to finish 9-8 or better or they will have regressed. Obviously, I really like Indiana’s chances of hitting (and surpassing) that target, and I think it will be a big struggle for Chicago to go +0.500, especially given their remaining schedule.

Long story short: Caitlin makes the Fever a better team; Angel does nothing to improve hers.

She deserves it. She’s better than taurasi at this stage of tauasi’s career. If a political barrier is removed by injury than so be it.
Again, and I’ve now said it several times Caitlin should do what Caitlin wants to do, but it would be a big blessing to her, the Fever and the end of their seasons for her to stay home get some rest and improve team chemistry🤷‍♂️

Do you really *want* Caitlin Clark sliding into the Olympics because of injury? Screw that. That's a drama disaster at this point. Let her get some rest and fuel.
Yup.

I've said from the start, I'd rather she skip the Olympics this year, as much as it would mean to her to get to play and to have that accolade added to her list of accomplishments. I honestly don't care, though, how much our fans want this for her.

She IS WITHOUT A DOUBT better off not playing in the Olympics this year. She needs the break. And she will be better for it, and thus the Fever will be better for it.......which is also bad news for the rest of the WNBA.

#the monster is still coming

Some of these Reese clips are mind-boggling. How can a "professional athlete" look so awkward?

Her double double-dribble clip from a few weeks ago told me everything about her basketball skills. She is successful because of her effort, which I admire, but her basketball skills and athleticism are pretty meh for a professional athlete.

Yup.

I've said from the start, I'd rather she skip the Olympics this year, as much as it would mean to her to get to play and to have that accolade added to her list of accomplishments. I honestly don't care, though, how much our fans want this for her.

She IS WITHOUT A DOUBT better off not playing in the Olympics this year. She needs the break. And she will be better for it, and thus the Fever will be better for it.......which is also bad news for the rest of the WNBA.

#the monster is still coming

In my best Phineas voice, yes, yes she is & the monster is mad!

Her double double-dribble clip from a few weeks ago told me everything about her basketball skills. She is successful because of her effort, which I admire, but her basketball skills and athleticism are pretty meh for a professional athlete.
Just like when she hit Clark on the head going for a block. Everyone said it was a basketball play and she didn’t do it intentionally. Seeing how unathletic she really is, it’s easy to agree that she didn’t do it intentionally.

It’s interesting, because she has a remarkably quick first step for a big physical girl like she is that isn’t, as you said particularly athletic. She’s not a very good jumper. She’s not very fast. She can however, jump quickly and a lot, and she is determined and physical with an impressive motor.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Also, Copper is on another tear. 10 pts. in first 10 minutes. She pretty good.

She’s really good but youll notice she didn’t guard CC much at all in that game the other night part of that was because of attrition and they couldn’t afford for her to get tired but the game before if you remember correctly, she fouled out & went 3 of 15

Just like when she hit Clark on the head going for a block. Everyone said it was a basketball play and she didn’t do it intentionally. Seeing how unathletic she really is, it’s easy to agree that she didn’t do it intentionally.

She did not do it on purpose. She is not Darth Vader, she is impetuous, immature, and selfish. Maybe a little delusional

Reactions: littlez and BioHawk
Here’s an unpopular opinion for you, or at least this board. I think it’s being talked about that the sky might do a trade. They need to revamp the roster. I’d love to do a Carter for Kelsey Mitchell… Helps both teams gives them some star power and three-point shooting which they badly need and explosion. Gives us a more rugged just as athletic more physical, better defender, who bad attitude and all makes way better on ball decisions than Mitchell. I honestly think she could grow to love playing for or rather with CC. Now, if the sky were smart. They wouldn’t add Mitchell although a more explosive deeper shooting option. I doubt she’ll ever pass the ball inside lol but it would be great for us.!😂

You said you had not heard of Caitlin doing the you can’t see me motion until Angel did it to her.

When Caitlin did it, it was the lead in to just about every sports program…was talked about during the game….was tweeted about…hell got such a life of its own that HVL and Caitlin were already talking about with each other the day of the game.

But you had not known it happened. That kind of awareness gets people killed while crossing the street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT