ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Here’s an unpopular opinion for you, or at least this board. I think it’s being talked about that the sky might do a trade. They need to revamp the roster. I’d love to do a Carter for Kelsey Mitchell… Helps both teams gives them some star power and three-point shooting which they badly need and explosion. Gives us a more rugged just as athletic more physical, better defender, who bad attitude and all makes way better on ball decisions than Mitchell. I honestly think she could grow to love playing for or rather with CC. Now, if the sky were smart. They wouldn’t add Mitchell although a more explosive deeper shooting option. I doubt she’ll ever pass the ball inside lol but it would be great for us.!😂
Carter is on a 1 yr deal for 64K. With her talent offensively, I would think she'd be looking for a max deal in the off season. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers she gets with her history. Copper left Chicago last year and Carter could do the same.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Here’s an unpopular opinion for you, or at least this board. I think it’s being talked about that the sky might do a trade. They need to revamp the roster. I’d love to do a Carter for Kelsey Mitchell… Helps both teams gives them some star power and three-point shooting which they badly need and explosion. Gives us a more rugged just as athletic more physical, better defender, who bad attitude and all makes way better on ball decisions than Mitchell. I honestly think she could grow to love playing for or rather with CC. Now, if the sky were smart. They wouldn’t add Mitchell although a more explosive deeper shooting option. I doubt she’ll ever pass the ball inside lol but it would be great for us.!😂
How old is Carter?

How old is Carter?
25ish I believe, and if you really want to hope and dream, at first, I thought there was no way they would do this, but then I got to thinking Nylssa Smith is a #2 pick herself and I think only three years out of college and she’s a much more polished scorer than Cardosa. Her three-point shooting is spotty, but she is a threat, and therefore a three level scorer and a decent rebounder, not much of a defender.

For us on the other hand Cardosa isnt exactly what we need as far as getting up and down the Court but she’s a rim protector. She has better touch around the basket and will get better and a dynamite rebounder. It also protects Boston, and gives Temi more play & versatility for us.

25ish I believe, and if you really want to hope and dream, at first, I thought there was no way they would do this, but then I got to thinking Nylssa Smith is a #2 pick herself and I think only three years out of college and she’s a much more polished scorer than Cardosa. Her three-point shooting is spotty, but she is a threat, and therefore a three level scorer and a decent rebounder, not much of a defender.

For us on the other hand Cardosa isnt exactly what we need as far as getting up and down the Court but she’s a rim protector. She has better touch around the basket and will get better and a dynamite rebounder. It also protects Boston, and gives Temi more play & versatility for us.
I don't know if I have my hopes up or anything but that's a good age to get a player that could watch Clark's back. We all know she can do it, but would she be willing to? I think she would if that's what she were being paid to do.

It's just clear that the Fever are a few players away from being serious contenders. I don't really care who they get to do those things but they need to get somebody.

You said you had not heard of Caitlin doing the you can’t see me motion until Angel did it to her.

When Caitlin did it, it was the lead in to just about every sports program…was talked about during the game….was tweeted about…hell got such a life of its own that HVL and Caitlin were already talking about with each other the day of the game.

But you had not known it happened. That kind of awareness gets people killed while crossing the street.
Well I’m 54🤷‍♂️

She’s really good but youll notice she didn’t guard CC much at all in that game the other night part of that was because of attrition and they couldn’t afford for her to get tired but the game before if you remember correctly, she fouled out & went 3 of 15
Copper is averaging nearly 30 ppg over the last 5 games played. She's hard to stop. That prior game against Indy wasn't her normal.

Copper is averaging nearly 30 ppg over the last 5 games played. She's hard to stop. That prior game against Indy wasn't her normal.
She also hasn’t chased the energized bunny on steroids 94 ft up & down the court before. I’m surprised these coaches didn’t do the math on having their best scorers chasing her not only out to 35 ft, but face guarding here from the end bounds.

Do you think they thought she’d give up or it would demoralize her so bad she became ineffective 🤔 serious question?

It’s fair to say she had growing pains early, but holy underestimation Batman if they thought they could bully her😂

Alyssa Thomas with only 3 assists today. That gives her 177 in 23 games for a 7.70 per game average. Clark, before today’s game, has 188 in 24 games for a 7.83 per game average.

Clark now leads the league in assists, both in total and average.

Incidentally, she is the quintessential two-way player. She is dynamic, explosive can get to the rim almost at will little spotty at the three-point line, but a strong rugged defender as well.

Huh, you mean a player who scores a lot of points and handles the ball more than anyone else has a lot of turnovers? Weird.

Yeah and this girl doesn’t handle the ball she orchestrates a symphony on the court. She is breathtaking. I mean, I want you guys to think a little bit about this. I’m 54 as I like to say keep forgetting I just turned actually took me a month to figure it out lol 😂

I’ve been a sports fan, a heavy sports fan. I mean a HEAVY sports fan since I was 11 & when I was in high school. I didn’t take studying materials to study hall I took the Ottumwa courier, the Des Moines register, and the USA today and I poured over box scores … But I didn’t follow women’s sports much outside of the Olympics and I quit watching professional sports several years ago in an effort to deemphasize, the only thing I watch is college sports, the NFL and other obscure shit …

But I haven’t missed this girl play in at least two years, quite a bit before too actually & I bought the WNBA package so I could watch every game now, hell I’ve never watched a WNBA game in it’s entirety ever in my life. I Haven’t watched the NBA in 5 to 8 years.

And I set my schedule around this… She is truly a blessing to watch play basketball.

And here’s the thing this thread alone proves I’m not unique. She is THAT entertaining.

I am in Megeve France today, it's Bastille day and the world cup finals is on.
All i want do do is try to stream the Fever game... also it's 10PM tip here..

Awesome I do love me some soccer. I don’t get to watch it or take the time but every time I watch a game I say to myself why don’t I watch this more?

Reactions: oldhawk56
Yeah no. Carter is a horrible 3 pt shooter, she's more of a black hole than Mitchell is, and frankly her attitude sucks.

You want to trade for someone on the Sky, you trade to Marina Mabrey.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Yeah no. Carter is a horrible 3 pt shooter, she's more of a black hole than Mitchell is, and frankly her attitude sucks.

You want to trade for someone on the Sky, you trade to Marina Mabrey.
She is not a blackhole like Smith, and Mabry is limited

Saying "I wish we had drafted Cardoso" is something I won't take back, and in fact, I'll reiterate it; I wish the Fever had gotten Cardoso as well, because I think she's a solid player and would've helped the Fever so much, as they are the worst rebounding team in the W. I never once said "how dare the Fever not get Cardoso!" as if it were something they could have actually done. I simply wished she had made it to the Fever, because I was impressed with her in the National Championship. Your logic is flawed at its very foundation.

I don't care about the draft order and I never will. Nor does it change the fact that I still don't care about anyone in the draft after Caitlin. In fact, I would be happy with any new big, Cardoso just happened to be a more prominent name, which is why I mentioned her. I'll take anyone who is an excellent rebounder. Fever will need to make moves in the off season to fix their rebounding issue.

I'm looking forward to your next cute quip!
It’s fair enough to argue the team needed a big more than a point guard but you simply can’t NOT draft the biggest money maker in the history of the league. Fever attendance more than 3X what it was last year. It makes absolutely zero sense to draft anyone else.

Oh yeah. Caitlin is awesome, also. Tops in the league in generating points.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT