ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

She’s going to be exposed as a “me first” player and it WILL hurt her longevity. She’ll start losing interest once the focus goes away from her.
The crazy thing is her coach "Spoon" (who is a W hall of famer) is enabling this behavior. She's started getting some blow back on just where the Sky's ficus should be....

Agree with the person who said CC and AR would play well together. Reese does a solid job running the court and getting very good post position early, two things Clark loves. AR could be a really good role player on a good team for a long time if she accepts it.. if she doesnt it will be interesting to see as her attitude doesn't match her talent level. She's massively overrated if people think she's in the same breath as CCs talent level. That's what annoys me and i think most people on this site... it's like, do people not have eyes? I'd like to give AR credit because shes having a good rookie year but it's hard to want to when we're comparing a solid role player to superstar

Reese only scored 8 points, no more streak. Hopefully we can quit hearing about it. She was screaming for the ball at the end.

Yes, and I’m truly embarrassed as a 54-year-old white man that I’m pleased about that. And I mean both things I am pleased by it and I feel small and petty… And I guess I’m gonna go ahead and stay small and petty for a minute or two.🤔😞

Reese shooting more than Cardoso is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why they don't run everything through her.
Dude, I’m serious when I say this, what’s going on up there is the weirdest shit. First off Angel Reese really is a game changing rebounder, but she’s a game changing rebounder not a multifaceted, shooting bombs, all around everything that greatly impacts a game…

She’s also not 6-7 doesn’t block shots doesn’t have really good touch around the rim like Cardosa. I mean it is baffling.

Reece shot 3-13 today. As a freakin’ post player!!!

I started looking into her eFg% & TS% about a week to 10 days ago when I got tired of people throwing metrics around. I decided I was going to understand them better.

They were at 42ish % & 49% respectively, horrific by the way and way below any of the top 10 or 15 F/Cs. They are currently at 40.6% and 47.6% respectively, and I don’t think that counts today.

Clark for perspective is @ 51.3 & 57.6 as a guard?!

Agree with the person who said CC and AR would play well together. Reese does a solid job running the court and getting very good post position early, two things Clark loves. AR could be a really good role player on a good team for a long time if she accepts it.. if she doesnt it will be interesting to see as her attitude doesn't match her talent level. She's massively overrated if people think she's in the same breath as CCs talent level. That's what annoys me and i think most people on this site... it's like, do people not have eyes? I'd like to give AR credit because shes having a good rookie year but it's hard to want to when we're comparing a solid role player to superstar

⬆️ this… I’ll even go so far as to say she’s a little better than a role player. I very much think she has the ability to be a Dennis Rodman type player, but you don’t build your team around that, you put that on your team, right??

Reese only scored 8 points, no more streak. Hopefully we can quit hearing about it. She was screaming for the ball at the end.

200w.gif

⬆️ this… I’ll even go so far as to say she’s a little better than a role player. I very much think she has the ability to be a Dennis Rodman type player, but you don’t build your team around that, you put that on your team, right??
Rodman is a stretch because the worm is an all-timer and one of the most instinctual basketball players to ever play the game.. but I understand what you're saying and his game is what she should aspire to be. But then again, role player isn't really a dirty word. Hell, Rodman is probably the greatest role player of all time. I was thinking more like antonio davis, Charles Oakley, bobby portis or someone like that. If she can accept that type of role on a team i think she'd probably thrive in it for a long time

Rodman is a stretch because the worm is an all-timer and one of the most instinctual basketball players to ever play the game.. but I understand what you're saying and his game is what she should aspire to be. But then again, role player isn't really a dirty word. Hell, Rodman is probably the greatest role player of all time. I was thinking more like antonio davis, Charles Oakley, bobby portis or someone like that. If she can accept that type of role on a team i think she'd probably thrive in it for a long time
Rodman also shot over 50% from the field on his career. Although he only took like 6 shots a game on average.

I think I saw a stat that 41 percent of Angel's shots are blocked, and she averages about 3 offensive rebounds per game collecting those, so her double-doubles aren't really very productive especially when she's at the bare minimum to reach them. Basically if she was actually a good post that made 50 percent (since she only shoots close to the hoop almost exclusively) she wouldn't get the same amount of boards because she wouldn't have all her own misses to grab. Comparing her to Rodman is ridiculous. Dennis basically changed his game to adapt to his teammates that scored (David Robinson/Sean Elliott, Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc), he could've put up at least 15-20 per game scoring if it was required.

Reese shooting more than Cardoso is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why they don't run everything through her.
As I said this is the source of the some of the criticism that Spoon is getting. There have been games in this stretch where Cardosa sits alot on the bench while Reese does her watch me rebound all these misses routine......

As I said this is the source of the some of the criticism that Spoon is getting. There have been games in this stretch where Cardosa sits alot on the bench while Reese does her watch me rebound all these misses routine......
Miss Moses Malone.

Wheeler comes in to play point guard. Boston on the bench. Smith shooting 3s for some reason. The Fever offense grinds to a halt. Sounds about right.
I watch different podcasts to get an idea of how the podcasters and the fan base react to games. I like having different perspectives. In the case of the Fever, it's gotten so bad that just about all who respond in the comments are not only calling for Sides to be fired, but the GM as well. And, as if those weren't enough, they are using terms like possible point shaving and sabotage.
The decision to bring Wheeler in at the point and moving CC to the 2 in the 4th was not only a head scratcher for some of us here, but to the folks in chat boxes in the podcasts. So, it gives perspective from fans in different locations.
IMO, Sides needs to be gone during the upcoming break. Her decisions, failures in utilizing the players correctly, and game management in general, alone, are enough to cause the GM to act. Throwing in the point shaving/sabotage suspicions, as voiced by the fans, causes concern. Speculative, but a bad look.

I watch different podcasts to get an idea of how the podcasters and the fan base react to games. I like having different perspectives. In the case of the Fever, it's gotten so bad that just about all who respond in the comments are not only calling for Sides to be fired, but the GM as well. And, as if those weren't enough, they are using terms like possible point shaving and sabotage.
The decision to bring Wheeler in at the point and moving CC to the 2 in the 4th was not only a head scratcher for some of us here, but to the folks in chat boxes in the podcasts. So, it gives perspective from fans in different locations.
IMO, Sides needs to be gone during the upcoming break. Her decisions, failures in utilizing the players correctly, and game management in general, alone, are enough to cause the GM to act. Throwing in the point shaving/sabotage suspicions, as voiced by the fans, causes concern. Speculative, but a bad look.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT