ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

holy shit....it might be happening....

click on "sports.yahoo.com" in the tweet to take you to the story

If the W was really interested in erasing their $50 million deficit this year, they’d have USA basketball add CC to the roster and put her USA 22 jersey on sale online at $250 each. League would be in the black in less than 30 minutes.

If the W was really interested in erasing their $50 million deficit this year, they’d have USA basketball add CC to the roster and put her USA 22 jersey on sale online at $250 each. League would be in the black in less than 30 minutes.
I was just at Dick’s Sporting Goods today in Minnesota and they had CC Fever T-shirts for $40. That’s an insane price for a T-shirt. But some people are buying them.

⬆️ this… I’ll even go so far as to say she’s a little better than a role player. I very much think she has the ability to be a Dennis Rodman type player, but you don’t build your team around that, you put that on your team, right??
Rodman was also the 2 time defensive player of the year. He was insanely quick on defense and long. And of course could run like crazy. The only thing they have in common is rebounding. Rodman was a way way better player.

Rodman was also the 2 time defensive player of the year. He was insanely quick on defense and long. And of course could run like crazy. The only thing they have in common is rebounding. Rodman was a way way better player.

Probably so & he could guard the perimeter, no way she could guard out top. Ben Wallace maybe 🤔

Here’s Reese at the end of a game. Such an unlikable brat and absolutely terrible offensively.

Who calls for the ball in the closing seconds while being blown out and then pouting about it?
Her teammate could've passed it to her towards the very end and just dribbled it out instead. Wondering if they're getting tired of her diva act.

So I’m watching some replays of this sky, liberty game, including the foul and then subsequent technical on Reese, I don’t really care about the technical just the hypocrisy of it all, but this hook and hold shit has taken on a life of its own. Shes barreling down over the top of that girl with a forearm shiver in her back, and the other girl happens to have her arm hooked around her outside arm, and the announcer wanted that to be a foul on the other girl are you effing kidding me. 😂

Last edited:
thats hilarious. they were not gonna let that b*tch get her fake double double

I’m a fan of yours and the circus that is CC, Angel & the WNBA is laughable, but that’s a tad strong🤷‍♂️ although whiny hypocrite fits 😂

First of all, Clark knows far more about winning basketball than Sides. When Sides puts them in a offense that's not going to work, Clark's on court demeanor changes - you can see it. Last night after running the Mercury out of the gym, Sides decides to slow it down and sit on the 30 point lead. She puts Wheeler in and the Mercury's went to a zone defense. The perfect shit storm resulted in a 29 -4 run for the Mercury. [I'll have go back and look, but I think the Mercury when on a 17-0 run starting when Wheeler stepped on the court and Clark went to a secondary option. Clark's demeanor changed to "hey - I just work here."].

Copper goes on a tear and thanks to GM Dunn's personnel decisions, there is not a single player on the team that can defend one-on-one.

Just as she did at Iowa, Clark knows she and her team need to run the whole game. When the Fever run, it masks a lot of their weakness. Clark is so lethal in a running game that it does not matter if it's initiated by a rebound, a steal, a turnover, or a made basket.

Great post. Totally agree. The best way to limit Caitlin Clark is to keep her out of the transition game. Sides does that too often.

I also see Chennedy didn’t play much in this game so somethings going on, don’t be surprised if this team doesn’t unravel
Yeah! Only 16 minutes today after getting 30+ every game. After the game the coach said there was nothing wrong with her and wouldn’t elaborate further. Very odd…

Reactions: ddeanHawk
What I’m reading elsewhere is that you’re right. She’s lost some teammates

Tell us more, again I’m going to admit my embarrassment, for even caring. My foray onto Twitter was not my best moment I get incensed by certain stupid shit, act impetuously and then my humanity kicks in and I feel bad, I ordinarily would love somebody like Reese, hard worker a little Rammy & aggressive, I don’t mind some opinions, but this over arching hypocrisy and sneaky I'm tough, now I’m a victim behavior is something I can’t stand.

And I have resisted admitting out loud, there is a racial connotation here because that takes on a life of its own, but this is some weird shit. Her double doubles have been impressive & I’m not gonna critique her for getting her own rebounds, those are still rebounds, but this ROTY shouldn’t be close, it might’ve been semi-close a couple weeks ago but it’s not close now and there are some big time supposedly knowledgeable people out there pretty unanimously suggesting Reese is in front and it’s effing bizarre to me !!

Again, I don’t know that I care that much. Caitlin is going to be a transcendent star and I really kind of hope she doesn’t now get an invite to the Olympics, she needs to get rest and practice with her team for the stretch run. This team is actually improving whether you think Sides is a good coach or not, but the whole scenario has been yucky.

And Im gonna add one other thing: these over-the-top Clark fans, and I’m not talking Iowa fans. I generally have a handle on those Iowa fans and as you know, they irritate me and I irritate them, but there are some nasty shitty stupid racist idiots out there that have helped fuel this thing.

And the WNBA is really its own beast, lots of white sports fan, most actually have embraced black athletes, quite frankly most of my favorite athletes of all time coming from Iowa have been black or at least a large percentage of them, but this WNBA stuff almost breeds racial hostility

Just my $17 cents 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
To be fair, AR should probably get a few years to improve her game before closing this door but your analysis is certainly correct right now. That doesn't change her behavior at all though.

Here’s Reese at the end of a game. Such an unlikable brat and absolutely terrible offensively.

Who calls for the ball in the closing seconds while being blown out and then pouting about it?
What is hilarious is at the end of the game, AR was guarded with the same ferocity that CC has faced ALL YEAR, and she looked like a middle schooler.

What I’m reading elsewhere is that you’re right. She’s lost some teammates
She and Cardosa had their tiffs in college, and not sure she's "a Fan" now either......
I also see Chennedy didn’t play much in this game so somethings going on, don’t be surprised if this team doesn’t unravel
I think some of her team mates are starting to see that with Reese its more about HER getting HER's then about the team winning. Reese is so obsessed with keeping her name right next to Clark's in the news cycle that its her only focus....

I don’t understand how when AR gets her shots blocked those count as offensive rebounds?? Most of them I’ve seen get blocked while still in her hand and not up in the air so of course she should be able to “rebound “ the ball. Am I missing something, I truly don’t know?

GSZbpRKWMAAwYRr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT