ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

So they lost one to the Mystics that they probably shouldn't have lost, but bounced back (granted, taking advantage of some opponent injuries) to win a couple they weren't favored. Maybe they can still track down the Mercury for 6th. Haven't even played Dallas yet so have them 3 times, need to win those for sure.
As I’ve said before take a look at the Mystiques schedule, they’ve battled, they are a tough out.

The big thing about this league and I think I’ve mentioned, none of these women shoot consistently. They all have lots of games where they jack up shots and can’t throw it in the ocean, Kayla McBride‘s one of the best guards and three point shooters in the league, and she was two for 10.

In fact 4-14, 2-10 & scored 11, 5 below her average.

This team is much better than they even were 10 games ago.

If the Fever can pick up a win at Dallas Wednesday, that makes them 12-14 going into Olympic break, with a favorable schedule down the stretch (9 of last 14 are at home). 20+ wins would actually be achievable (but not a given of course). That was unthinkable after the first couple weeks of the season. And there’s no way the Sky are winning 20. I’ll be surprised if Chicago wins more than 17.

Can we switch coaches with them?

I actually do think he seems to be a decent coach, but he appears young. Couple of things I’ve mentioned, as I’ve kind of studied this league I won’t say I’ve gone all in. I’m still pretty much only watching CC play, a few other games, but I am trying to understand things like advanced analytics that I’ve never really believed in per se and gauging the quality of teams. With that said there are essentially 5 really good coaches, don’t remember all their names but The Lynx, Aces, Liberty, Suns & Storm. I really like The Storm coach, she’s cagey & Stephsnie White is terrific.

Nate Tibbets from the Phoenix I believe is good but he has an aging team and this is his first year as head coach.

After that, it’s a crapshoot of I don’t know yet to piss poor. The Atlanta coach is not popular, demonstrative, and I think potentially petty…

Dallas I haven’t seen, T-Spoon is worse than Sides in my mind, LA I don’t know much about?

But someone else has said, multiple someone else’s, if it was a super desirable job and paid well. You’d have these college coaches jumping and that just doesn’t happen and there are a bunch of high-end college coaches pretty much all making significantly more than these WNBA coaches.

I’m still not particularly convinced Sides is a terrible coach, she’s learning on the job in an organization that quite frankly has sucked for quite some time and they really didn’t have the ideal personnel, but you do have to give her credit for getting them going the right direction.

Saw a few highlights on tv.

Reeves was wearing a shirt that said “Black Girls Rock”.
Has she worn this before or is this the first time and it happens to be vs CC. Just a coincidence?
Saw another coach earlier this year, Hammons maybe, wearing a shirt that said “Black girls are perfect. That is all.” Really embracing the diversity.

The big thing about this league and I think I’ve mentioned, none of these women shoot consistently. They all have lots of games where they jack up shots and can’t throw it in the ocean, Kayla McBride‘s one of the best guards and three point shooters in the league, and she was two for 10.

In fact 4-14, 2-10 & scored 11, 5 below her average.

This team is much better than they even were 10 games ago.
I guess maybe Sides knows what she's doing. Some of us tried to explain the difficulty the team faced in the first quarter of the season.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I guess maybe Sides knows what she's doing. Some of us tried to explain the difficulty the team faced in the first quarter of the season.

I still think she does some questionable things, but I do not in any shape or form. Think she’s a horrible coach.

Saw a few highlights on tv.

Reeves was wearing a shirt that said “Black Girls Rock”.
Has she worn this before or is this the first time and it happens to be vs CC. Just a coincidence?

Saw another coach earlier this year, Hammons maybe, wearing a shirt that said “Black girls are perfect. That is all.” Really embracing the diversity.
Why aren't these clowns called out for being racist

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Bet they fill the same way when Clark misses for them. I saw people complaining last game that Mitchell and Smith combined for zero assists. Wonder how many times they passed to Caitlin to watch her shoot another short brick.
Lololol.. What in the flying FUC- are you going on about, trying to relate Clarks play with the brick layers on her team. So the last five games Clark has created more points then ANY WNBA player in their 27 year history, (and all the great players), and your making a comparison to Mitchell who was 2 for 30 something in the last three games from three, (and literally NEVER passes the ball once she gets it) and Clark who scored 92 points with SIXTY TWO assists in those games, accounting for 232 points (something NEVER done by ANY WNBA player)? Are you high or just that stupid? Seriously.......

I actually do think he seems to be a decent coach, but he appears young. Couple of things I’ve mentioned, as I’ve kind of studied this league I won’t say I’ve gone all in. I’m still pretty much only watching CC play, a few other games, but I am trying to understand things like advanced analytics that I’ve never really believed in per se and gauging the quality of teams. With that said there are essentially 5 really good coaches, don’t remember all their names but The Lynx, Aces, Liberty, Suns & Storm. I really like The Storm coach, she’s cagey & Stephsnie White is terrific.

Nate Tibbets from the Phoenix I believe is good but he has an aging team and this is his first year as head coach.

After that, it’s a crapshoot of I don’t know yet to piss poor. The Atlanta coach is not popular, demonstrative, and I think potentially petty…

Dallas I haven’t seen, T-Spoon is worse than Sides in my mind, LA I don’t know much about?

But someone else has said, multiple someone else’s, if it was a super desirable job and paid well. You’d have these college coaches jumping and that just doesn’t happen and there are a bunch of high-end college coaches pretty much all making significantly more than these WNBA coaches.

I’m still not particularly convinced Sides is a terrible coach, she’s learning on the job in an organization that quite frankly has sucked for quite some time and they really didn’t have the ideal personnel, but you do have to give her credit for getting them going the right direction.
His dad is the Mystics GM. As you mentioned, they always seem to be a tough out, give good effort, etc. When their 2 time MVP decided to sit out the season, that left them in a tough spot.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I don't think she knows what she's doing. I think she was thrown into the deep end of the pool and told to swim or die, good luck. I do think she listens to criticism and learns from her mistakes. So, while she learns on the job she has made plenty of mistakes but it is clear she is adapting. Now, whether or not she reads social media for pointers, has some very knowledgeable people to give her feedback (if they know so much why aren't they coaching?), or she just studies the tapes a lot and works her ass off to fix the issues I don't know. I think she is smart (smart is different than experienced) and I think she could be a great coach some day, but she was probably promoted to head coach a few years too soon.

I also think Caitlin has heavily influenced how the team is run. I think this put off a lot of players on the team who didn't think a rookie had a place taking charge like that. I think as the team has started to play better, more players have bought into it. They've realized that Caitlin knows what she is talking about. I also think this is why there are many coaches who flat out don't like her. They don't like players who know her game better than they do. And let's face it, if you are dead set on playing a half court game, Caitlin Clark is not the player you want on your team.

Last edited:
Indiana is at their worst when they play 1/2 court basketball. They are not athletic enough defensively. When they push the pace, create some chaos, and not let teams setup defensively, they are much more affective. Seemed like they pushed more tempo in the 4th and got the W because of it. The first 3 quarters today seemed like watching Virginia/Wisconsin.

His dad is the Mystics GM. As you mentioned, they always seem to be a tough out, give good effort, etc. When their 2 time MVP decided to sit out the season, that left them in a tough spot.
Is that Elle Della Don, and Rhyen Howard has been hurt too, right & I didn’t know that about his dad.

Indiana is at their worst when they play 1/2 court basketball. They are not athletic enough defensively. When they push the pace, create some chaos, and not let teams setup defensively, they are much more affective. Seemed like they pushed more tempo in the 4th and got the W because of it. The first 3 quarters today seemed like watching Virginia/Wisconsin.
Getting stops and running in transition is key. Walking the ball up the court after a make is not good either.

I think if I'm one of the white girls on that team we're having a talk in her office, but yea "inclusion" and all that stuff.......
Was literally thinking about this on my way to youth group to pick up my daughter, I’m one who does get, we all have different challenges in life, men, women, black people, white, people, Asians, LGBTQ, country people, city people and on and on…and I’m serious.

But some of this shit is just crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT