ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Dantas should play more. She seems very skilled.
I hope it’s a matter of getting back into game conditioning and that we will. I’d love to see them get to a point where they can rotate combination of Dantas, Smith, Fagbenle, and KLS, just run your a$$ off until you’re empty and then next body in. AB needs to be on court as much as possible, so suck it up big girl. Wish Fever had someone who could give CC a little break without everything falling to pieces, but I cringe every time Wheeler steps on the floor.

I hope it’s a matter of getting back into game conditioning and that we will. I’d love to see them get to a point where they can rotate combination of Dantas, Smith, Fagbenle, and KLS, just run your a$$ off until you’re empty and then next body in. AB needs to be on court as much as possible, so suck it up big girl. Wish Fever had someone who could give CC a little break without everything falling to pieces, but I cringe every time Wheeler steps on the floor.

A true LEADER right there.
Reminds me of Coach Pop.

They have the horses to run more uptempo, for sure. Definitely this team has yet to peak. A rested Caitlin Clark? Whooo!

As Lynx (and Olympic) head coach Cheryl Reeve walks up the sideline, here comes Caitlin making eye contact with her and taking over the Minnesota home crowd.

GOAT.

You know Caitlin won't say it until she does a "last dance" documentary in 30 years, but you know this is what she is thinking when looking at the Lynx coach when sealing the W...

Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF

Honestly, if I was the Fever GM I would blow this team up at the end of the season. Keep Boston and Caitlin and replace everyone else. Surround those two with Hannah Stulke like forwards and 3 point snipers. Basically level up the Iowa model Bluder had. I believe that team with CC and Boston would be a strong team. Once better players see the appeal of playing with CC, you can add some more star power and boom it’s a championship squad.
I would NOT blow up this team unless you want to waste another half season hoping the newbies will be any better at adjusting to CC.

Unless Hannah grows 4" this fall she will get blocked out of the league shooting around the rim.

Mitchell is a good 3pt and FT shooter. I'd give Lexi and KLS the off season to adjust and get up to speed.

Smith and Temi do the job.

And finally CC has had a lot of off nights shooting and passing from what we are use to.

Work in process, don't start all over.

This. It’s not like if they let her sign some place else they’ll just easily replace her athleticism and scoring. Look around the league.

Yes, this is very true. More and more I am finding, you don’t just swap players around, this isn’t the NBA. It’s a different bag managing a roster in this league.

And I’m seriously in the camp that doesn’t think she’s over the top selfish, she’s a scorer, and that’s all she’s ever going to be and that even sounds harsh. She’s a fantastic scorer but she doesn’t see the court well, she doesn’t think ahead and she doesn’t have particularly high basketball IQ.

But you can’t just grab anyone, who also isn’t even readily available. I mean “blowing up” the roster sounds fun and all, but that just isn’t going to happen🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes, this is very true. More and more I am finding, you don’t just swap players around, this isn’t the NBA. It’s a different bag managing a roster in this league.

And I’m seriously in the camp that doesn’t think she’s over the top selfish, she’s a scorer, and that’s all she’s ever going to be and that even sounds harsh. She’s a fantastic scorer but she doesn’t see the court well, she doesn’t think ahead and she doesn’t have particularly high basketball IQ.

But you can’t just grab anyone, who also isn’t even ready available. I mean “blowing up” the roster sounds fun and all, but that just isn’t going to happen🤷‍♂️
My joke about her is that her title is shooting guard, not passing guard.

Cheryl Reeve post game remarks, at 8:20, after CC comes to town and give the fans a standing O and Cheryl a loss (and a smack upside the head). Priceless!

Suggests she doesn’t quite understand the question and then pretty much answers it…this soap opera is better than any scripted reality TV program ever!!

Hell, maybe it is scripted🤷‍♂️ sometimes it feels that way🤓

Reactions: Hawksfor3

This is exactly what I said on Twitter 25 times before I had to remove myself😂😱😞🤓

Those are all my true emotions. I’m a dope, but it’s funny too. I am shocked at what I’m reading to. I’m embarrassed about myself, too what the hell it was a dumb decision, but I didn’t say anything untrue.😂

Point is this girl is going to average 4+ turnovers a game, likely for her whole entire career, so what?

Actually she should give two shits when the Fever come and play at their second home court arena. Minnesota just lost 2 home games off their schedule with CC in the league.

How absolutely embarrassing to hear that kind of cheering on a loss. 😆 🤣 😂 😹
I was watching the game but not paying super close attention at the end. Clark shot her first FT and I asked my wife, did she miss it? The crowd was cheering so much I figured she missed it, then I realized my mistake. :)

This is exactly what I said on Twitter 25 times before I had to remove myself😂😱😞🤓

Those are all my true emotions. I’m a dope, but it’s funny too. I am shocked at what I’m reading to. I’m embarrassed about myself, too what the hell it was a dumb decision, but I didn’t say anything untrue.😂

Point is this girl is going to average 4+ turnovers a game, likely for her whole entire career, so what?
DT's career A/TO rate is 1.6. Clark is at 1.4 this season. Cut down on a few careless mistakes like stepping on the sideline and get some spot up shooters that can convert wide open 3s and she will have an equal or better A/TO rate soon.

DT's career A/TO rate is 1.6. Clark is at 1.4 this season. Cut down on a few careless mistakes like stepping on the sideline and get some spot up shooters that can convert wide open 3s and she will have an equal or better A/TO rate soon.
That is astounding, actually. She has already set the record for TOs in a season that is about 1/2 over, yet she has about the same A/TO rate as Taurasi. That shows you how prolific of a passer she is for assists, and how high her usage rate is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT