ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

They said that on "Around the Horn" last night. That she "needed to tell them why" she opted out. Bullshit. Clarks holding damn near all the cards right now as she's carried the league since April. She doesn't owe them or the media anything.
Looks like someone was feeling spicy last night!

This is looking like a good intense game.

Looks the good player from Dallas has beef with the establishment too.

Popcorn will be ready tonight!

In July, Caitlin Clark:

-Recorded the first ever rookie triple double (while beating the #1 team in the league)

-Broke the WNBA record for assists in a game

-Became the first player to ever record 3 consecutive 13+ assist games

-Averaged the highest APG in a month in league history

-Recorded a stat line that no NBA or WNBA player has ever put up (29/5/13/5/3)

What else does she have to do?

Team USA is a 6.5 point favorite. O/U is 188.5

This is 1 of 2 tune up games for Team USA before the Olympics so you know they will be taking this game seriously. Team All Stars hasn't had much time to practice together.

Who ya got?

Personally, I think Team USA wins comfortably.

Team USA is a 6.5 point favorite. O/U is 188.5

This is 1 of 2 tune up games for Team USA before the Olympics so you know they will be taking this game seriously. Team All Stars hasn't had much time to practice together.

Who ya got?

Personally, I think Team USA wins comfortably.
Is Clark starting this game? Will be interesting to see how they defend her in this game.

They said that on "Around the Horn" last night. That she "needed to tell them why" she opted out. Bullshit. Clarks holding damn near all the cards right now as she's carried the league since April. She doesn't owe them or the media anything.
How about they only asked her two days ago to be in it? I wonder if that’s a good enough reason for Around the Horn. They also only asked Miller to be the coach about a week ago…..what kind of an operation is this league?

She had player of the month numbers but this is what they give her. Everyone in the league wanted her to "pay her dues" and that she had to "earn it". So when she does that, they treat her like Michael Jordan in his prime when he would consistently put up better numbers than anyone in the league and deserved these accolades almost every month but never got them because that was the expectation for him.

How about they only asked her two days ago to be in it? I wonder if that’s a good enough reason for Around the Horn. They also only asked Miller to be the coach about a week ago…..what kind of an operation is this league?
A bunch of people who are not used to people actually paying attention to what they are doing. But it's become very clear to me what the primary reason the league has floundered for 30 years when the level of play was supposedly really good.

A bunch of people who are not used to people actually paying attention to what they are doing. But it's become very clear to me what the primary reason the league has floundered for 30 years when the level of play was supposedly really good.
They’ve never had to make money, so they’ve never hired people who know how to make money.

I appreciate the humor, but has she shown to have a vertical leap of more than 18” ever? Not really a good joke if you can’t at least come close to backing it up.

That was the joke, realistically, she can’t beat Caitlin in a game of horse and the only shot she would have is if she could dunk it, and she can’t do that, so that also is not realistic.

THAT was the joke 🤷‍♂️ I’m not trying to be a dick here but contextually it really wasn’t that funny a joke at all without that nuance. If one person can dunk and the other one can’t, of course that is going to ensure you win a horse contest.

That was the joke, realistically, she can’t beat Caitlin in a game of horse and the only shot she would have is if she could dunk it, and she can’t do that, so that also is not realistic.

THAT was the joke 🤷‍♂️ I’m not trying to be a dick here but contextually it really wasn’t that funny a joke at all without that nuance. If one person can dunk and the other one can’t, of course that is going to ensure you win a horse contest.
Like when we say, “If it was me, I would gave easily made that 25 foot putt in the heavy rain.” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: cmhawks99
Gotta kinda laugh at going up against a frontcourt of Stewart, Wilson, and Thomas ... and then running in Collier and Griner (beauty and the beast?) off the bench. Or some permutation thereof, ofc.

Wonder how much the increasingly potent duo of Clark and Boston will be on the floor together? Or for that matter, how much will either be on the floor at all? We've been very spoiled by seeing C² playing 38+ for like 5 seasons now, lol.

And then there's always our crazy 8-ball Mitchell ... God love her. Maybe she'll go off?

It'll be fun.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Gotta kinda laugh at going up against a frontcourt of Stewart, Wilson, and Thomas ... and then running in Collier and Griner (beauty and the beast?) off the bench. Or some permutation thereof, ofc.

Wonder how much the increasingly potent duo of Clark and Boston will be on the floor together? Or for that matter, how much will either be on the floor at all? We've been very spoiled by seeing C² playing 38+ for like 5 seasons now, lol.

And then there's always our crazy 8-ball Mitchell ... God love her. Maybe she'll go off?

It'll be fun.
Yeah…the minutes situation is what I wonder. Everyone plays an equal amount until the last 5 minutes, and then it’s whoever’s hot? Who knows…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT