ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I said earlier, the 2022 draft was just about straight garbage, especially compared to the 2024 draft. The #2 overall pick in Smith is going to be struggling to keep a starting spot on a team that may only squeak into the playoffs with a first round exit by the end of her 3rd season. The 2021 draft may be even worse than the 2022 draft.

Here's what Indiana has pulled in on draft night for 1st round players over the last several years, which shows as the big problem with their roster.
2024 1st overall - Caitlin Clark (starter and all star)
2023 1st overall - Aliyah Boston (starter and all star)
2023 7th overall - Grace Berger (never plays)
2022 2nd overall - NaLyssa Smith (starter, for now)
2022 4th overall - Emily Engstler (waived after 35 games)
2022 6th overall - Lexie Hull (spot starter but mostly a backup)
2022 10th overall - Queen Egbo (traded after 49 games)
2021 4th overall - Kysre Gondrezick (waived after 19 games)
2020 3rd overall - Lauren Cox (waived after 25 games)
2019 3rd overall - Teaira McCowan (traded after 88 games)
2018 2nd overall - Kelsey Mitchell (starter and all star)
2018 8th overall - Victoria Vivians (waived after 144 games)

There were eight top 4 draft picks in the past seven years. Only four of those are still there as starters. Only half of the twelve picks are even on still on the roster. Crazy how little long-term value they've managed to get out of all of that draft capital.

Hell Nylssa Smith is an overwhelming success story comparatively. Many of those women aren’t even in the league anymore.

I tuned in to one non-Fever game and it was almost unwatchable. The skill/talent level really is like watching boys HS basketball. But I gave it a shot, at least. As of now, I’m sticking to only Caitlin Clark games.
I would not watch anyone play except the Aces & Liberty play someone, besides the Fever. They play real basketball, the Seattle storm are kind of fun, but even those teams struggle wildly you have to get through your head. These women play under the rim, not above it. It also then puts into perspective how good CC and actually the rest of these rookies are. This has a lot of girls that aren’t particularly talented. Then go look at some of their stats and their first, second ,third year, it took a lot of them multiple years to get to the level they’re at and again that makes you appreciate where CC is all the more..

Reactions: VodkaSam
What follows is how CC compares to the Olympian guards.

As you can see, CC leads in 6 of the 9 categories.

GSxfW9eWoAACDuY

Caitlin's turnovers are excessive, but for all that is made of it she's averaging just a little more than 1 per game more than Taurasi and Loyd.

Doesn't seem so terrible for a rookie 🤷‍♂️

I agree, but this is the important part, Vegas is putting their money where their mouth is and they stand to lose shit tons of money if they have wildly inaccurate odds.

Future odds are a popularity contest…they go up and down based on where the money is being bet. They are calculated so that the house is guaranteed to win money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT