ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

At some point in the last few months whenever Caitlin shoots a 3 I expect a miss.

Man, this bar in New Mexico is craving a swish.

We are really going to blame Sides for Clark's shot going to shit?
I think she's partially to blame, yes. This is due to her poor coaching, drawing up plays that don't get her decent looks, and obvious encouragement not to shoot the ball as much for the first 10 or so games of the season. I think she's let off of that line of thinking after her post game comment of saying CC needs to shoot more.

But I think a big factor for Caitlin has been fear. she's become more reluctant to shoot and less confident. Could just be the transition to the league, but this is a mental hurtle that she needs to overcome.

Team USA is shooting 54% from the field & leads 54-52 at the half

Caitin's stats:

14 minutes (of 20 possible)

0-5 from three
1-1 from two
1-6 (17%) overall shooting

0-0 FTs

2 Points
6 Assists
1 Defensive Rebound
1 Steal

1 Block
I think they took away her block, because CC doesn't have a block listed on the stat sheet on ESPN anymore.

Arike's thoughts on not being on the Olympic team:

200w.gif

Blaming Sides for Clark's shooting is a ridiculous take, why CC fans get a bad name. That issue goes back to the beginning of March.

Just stop.
I don't think it was so much her shooting as it was the lack of opportunities. I blame tired legs for Clark and it might not get corrected until next season when she has an offseason to condition herself for the faster pace and actually having to contribute defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT