ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

During the in-game interview, Clark made a comment about a couple of her 3-pointers being half way down (paraphrasing). Well, that's always going to be an issue when your 3-pointers come from several feet behind the line. You are not going to get many "kind rolls" from that distance. It's OK to have one or two of those bombs per game, but Sides and Clark need to find a way to get her more looks a little closer to the arc.

This is going to require a combination of better screens, better movement off the ball from Clark, and Mitchell/Smith occasionally making a pass.

Which is crazy. Accounting for like 60% of their points the last few games, carrying a load that nobody in the entire league is doing and playing 38 minutes. And some of you are also expecting her to shoot 45% from 3.
I just want to see her make one while I'm watching the game...............

Haven't seen her make one live since the game against the Mystics, and I only saw one of the 5 she made. :(

Btw in her last 7 games, not including her 0-7 in the All-Star game) she's shooting 17-75 from 3 (22.7%).

Also by the way..........you're not going to tell me anything I don't already know about why she is struggling or what she is going through, in your reply.

Hope that helps! :)

During the in-game interview, Clark made a comment about a couple of her 3-pointers being half way down (paraphrasing). Well, that's always going to be an issue when your 3-pointers come from several feet behind the line. You are not going to get many "kind rolls" from that distance. It's OK to have one or two of those bombs per game, but Sides and Clark need to find a way to get her more looks a little closer to the arc.

This is going to require a combination of better screens, better movement off the ball from Clark, and Mitchell/Smith occasionally making a pass.
Which she did when she got 24 and 19. This is is uncharted territory for both CC and Sides. Clark has been probing a lot more than she did at Iowa and usually she ends up with a great pass to a teammate for a layup or wide open shot. We’re just not used to her getting this many assists. But she’s absolutely playing the right way. Unless you want her to get 40 pts and 20 assists. Which isn’t really a thing. Yet.

I just want to see her make one while I'm watching the game...............

Haven't seen her make one live since the game against the Mystics, and I only saw one of the 5 she made. :(

Btw in her last 7 games, not including her 0-7 in the All-Star game) she's shooting 17-75 from 3 (22.7%).

Also by the way..........you're not going to tell me anything I don't already know about why she is struggling or what she is going through, in your reply.

Hope that helps! :)
So what’s your point? Because as usual you’re the only I’m sure who actually understands what you’re saying.

CC is really in a shooting funk. Counting last night and the two previous regular season games, she is just 4 of 23 from 3-point range. What has happened to her shot?
I really thinks she’s shot conscious. In college if she missed 6-7 in a row, she still hunted shots 7-8.
Now she’s too conscious of others shot attempts and is thinking too much when she shoots.

I really thinks she’s shot conscious. In college if she missed 6-7 in a row, she still hunted shots 7-8.
Now she’s too conscious of others shot attempts and is thinking too much when she shoots.
This exactly. When there is a large narrative of outside noise calling you a "chucker," at some point it is going to rattle your vibe. Clark needs to make 1 of her first 4 to feel good. That's been going on since March.

So what you’re saying is, the missed shots are nothing to do with the shooter? So last nights misses were on Miller?
Never even came close to saying that. It takes a certain kind of coach to coach a shooter and Sides isn’t it….that’s all I’m saying. I was a shooter…I shot lights out for my tournament team because I was expected to play that way and had free rein. Not so much on my high school team because we played a much more controlled and slow down type of game. I didn’t forget how to shoot when I played on the high school team, I just didn’t feel as comfortable missing shots and I would become more hesitant to shoot after I missed a couple. The coach and the style of play affects how a shooter shoots….that’s what I’m saying.

Never even came close to saying that. It takes a certain kind of coach to coach a shooter and Sides isn’t it….that’s all I’m saying. I was a shooter…I shot lights out for my tournament team because I was expected to play that way and had free rein. Not so much on my high school team because we played a much more controlled and slow down type of game. I didn’t forget how to shoot when I played on the high school team, I just didn’t feel as comfortable missing shots and I would become more hesitant to shoot after I missed a couple. The coach and the style of play affects how a shooter shoots….that’s what I’m saying.

I totally agree, but she is a first year pro developing team chemistry. Dawn Staley, Geni, hell even Kim Mulkey wouldn’t let her walk on the court and just start launching shots. So she has to learn how to get comfortable.

Well, if she is then Sides isn’t doing a very good job of it.
She shoots 8 there's a game. They aren't going in. Her legs are tired. Her current approach is the correct one. She doesn't need to throw up 12 threes a game just to bust out of a slump whose only real cure is rest.

Reactions: littlez
Pushing her to shoot more. Sending mix messages is not giving her the green light. In the press conference she says she wants Clark to shoot more, then tells at her to pass in the games. Then she puts Wheeler in and tells Clark to go stand in the corner. Not exactly a bright green light.
Stop

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT