ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Caitlin Clark has made five more shots from 30-34 feet than Angel Reese has made from the paint (non-restricted area) this season. On 11 fewer attempts.

Caitlin:

GT_7U_vXQAAkVR4

Angel:

GT_7U_0W4AAInLE

Source:

Stats tell me she needs to shoot more logo 3s!

Reactions: Franisdaman
It’s not a matter of if CC wins ROTY.

It’s a matter if she deserves to win league MVP but doesn’t get it because she’s a rookie.

ROTY race has been over since the opening tip off of the season. Whether they give it to her or not, she’s that much better than Trashy.

CC is sooooo far & away ahead of Trashy Reese as a player that it’s very very disrespectful to the game to mention Trash in the same sentence as CC.

It’s a matter if she deserves to win league MVP but doesn’t get it because she’s a rookie.

ROTY race has been over since the opening tip off of the season. Whether they give it to her or not, she’s that much better than Trashy.

CC is sooooo far & away ahead of Trashy Reese as a player that it’s very very disrespectful to the game to mention Trash in the same sentence as CC.
Aja is so far ahead in the MVP race you could say the same thing about disrespect with her. I do think Clark is going to be a top 5 finisher in the MVP race though.

Its the "double/double" thing that has this so skewed. Anyone who knows the game should understand that there is a BIG difference between a dub/dub in points (barely) and rebounds, and one in points and assists. The fact that so many of these analysts (who all seem to be black women) are misrepresenting this makes it clear they either have an agenda, or they are simply stirring the pot to create a challenge for Clark to make it interesting.

Aja is so far ahead in the MVP race you could say the same thing about disrespect with her. I do think Clark is going to be a top 5 finisher in the MVP race though.
Accurate as of today. Now if Clark comes out guns blazing down the stretch, and leads the Fever somewhere significant in the playoffs she'll be in the discussion. Certainly its Wilson's race at this point, and it would take Clark leading the Fever to the Finals probably. A tall task with this roster....

Yeah I don’t think it is possible aja loses. By the way, congrats to Team USA for managing to make it so no one cares about women’s basketball again. When the season resumes and football is ready to take off, I fear they will struggle to put the lightning back in the bottle.

Meh, you’re a big-time passionate Iowa fan and I love that and you’ve always been supportive of me but if I were you, I’d try to stay away from that kind of commentary, at least I do I might be quite a bit older than you. And believe me sometimes I want to go that direction but she’s a human being and you’ve seen how shitty I can be at times, so I’m gonna give her the benefit of the doubt

Reactions: littlez
Its the "double/double" thing that has this so skewed. Anyone who knows the game should understand that there is a BIG difference between a dub/dub in points (barely) and rebounds, and one in points and assists. The fact that so many of these analysts (who all seem to be black women) are misrepresenting this makes it clear they either have an agenda, or they are simply stirring the pot to create a challenge for Clark to make it interesting.

Not all, but plenty. You and I have known each other quite a while and you also know I try to stay pretty clear of the racial connotations, but if Reese wins at least based on 2/3 of the season being done. It is clearly based on something other than skills, stats & the eye test. I don’t think I’ll even be that bothered though to be honest with you. I just want her to have a great end of the season.

Reactions: littlez
Yep.

I'm thinking C² has an excellent chance to surpass 6 consecutive double-double games now that her team is learning how to better field Caitlin's passes. Then, ofc, she would have the consecutive points/assists d-d record.

Then we sit back and watch and see if Caitlin's d-d streak gets the same media run. Not holding my breath.

Another trend lately has been this concept that Reese should get ROTY because she has far exceeded expectations whereas Clark came in with all the hype about being the best ever. Of course, IMO, this is just another excuse/rationalization they’ve come up with in order to gift the award to Reese.
Erecting new standards to pound a square peg through a round hole.

Imagine if this was a factor all along. Sometimes it would have been the deciding factor, and other times, the deserving player got screwed. For example:

1985 - Glad MJ exceeded expectations or otherwise the rookie of the year would have gone to Sam Bowie.
1993 - I think Christian Laettner should have been rookie of the year instead of Shaq because he exceeded my expectations by simply being on the Timberwolves and scoring points.
2004 - I think Darko Milicic should have been rookie of the year instead of LeBron because he exceeded my expectations from being entirely worthless to just mostly worthless.
2008 - Glad Kevin Durant exceeded expectations or otherwise the rookie of the year would have gone to Greg Oden.
2019 - Glad Luka Doncic exceeded expectations or otherwise the rookie of the year would have gone to Deandre Ayton or maybe Marvin Bagley III.

Another farce.

Another trend lately has been this concept that Reese should get ROTY because she has far exceeded expectations whereas Clark came in with all the hype about being the best ever. Of course, IMO, this is just another excuse/rationalization they’ve come up with in order to gift the award to Reese.

Yes this does appear to be a real thing. On a side note some might not know, these metric aggregators like PIE & PER are heavily influenced by rebounding and lean towards interior players. Another reason many of the metrics place AR above without nearly as impressive stats.

It is why OSU and Michigan FB coaches tend to not win B1G COTY. They are supposed to be the best so if someone else shows up and goes 9-3 when they were supposed to be 4-8, you give the award to them.

It is why OSU and Michigan FB coaches tend to not win B1G COTY. They are supposed to be the best so if someone else shows up and goes 9-3 when they were supposed to be 4-8, you give the award to them.
Agreed. With that said, I thought Ferentz was deserving this past year for getting to the CCG with one of the worst offenses in college football. I can also see why other's say he wasn’t since he helped create the poor offense in the first place by promoting his son.

Caitlin ... she done outgrown her upbringin'! Told her Momma she'd "probably never live there (Iowa) again." 🙁

Said she loves going back and will always love the state. Well I know her heart will always be in the right place regardless of where she resides.

The team is getting weekends off so that's cool, still getting a chance to rejuvenate a little more, especially with not having to travel and all that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
In the Sarasota area of Florida visiting my in-laws. Went to a mall today to get out of the house after being trapped in here for a couple days thanks to the hurricane. Saw a teenage girl wearing a very high quality Dowling Catholic basketball #22 jersey with Clark on the nameplate. Crazy world we’re living in.

In the Sarasota area of Florida visiting my in-laws. Went to a mall today to get out of the house after being trapped in here for a couple days thanks to the hurricane. Saw a teenage girl wearing a very high quality Dowling Catholic basketball #22 jersey with Clark on the nameplate. Crazy world we’re living in.
Caitlin actually wore number 11 in high school. I only know that because I recently saw a YouTube short of Caitlin playing for Dowling. I was kinda surprised.

Still cool though, Catlin's impact.

Caitlin actually wore number 11 in high school. I only know that because I recently saw a YouTube short of Caitlin playing for Dowling. I was kinda surprised.

Interesting that there’s pictures of her in practice wearing 22, but all of the game pictures I see are with 11. I found this quote from her,
'I didn't get to wear (22) in high school because Dowling always wore odd numbers,' Clark said. 'My birthday is January 22, so 22 is my number.'
636546474827649334-EL8V8349.JPG

636464523074560101-CaitlinClark1.JPG

Interesting that there’s pictures of her in practice wearing 22, but all of the game pictures I see are with 11. I found this quote from her,
'I didn't get to wear (22) in high school because Dowling always wore odd numbers,' Clark said. 'My birthday is January 22, so 22 is my number.'

Good get. So she's always been number 22 at heart. Very well then.

Reactions: Franisdaman
"Honestly I'm not a very creative person. I was born on Jan. 22, so it's what I went with when I was about 5 years old." -- Clark, to reporters, during the 2024 Final Four in Cleveland.

The Full Story:

Interesting that there’s pictures of her in practice wearing 22, but all of the game pictures I see are with 11. I found this quote from her, 'I didn't get to wear (22) in high school because Dowling always wore odd numbers,' Clark said. 'My birthday is January 22, so 22 is my number.'

Reactions: Mister_Man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT