ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Dantas hits is 3-4 on 3pt shots in the first half. She stretches the defense by pulling a big out to guard her on the perimeter. She sets the best picks on the team - she's huge and knows how to plant herself unlike Nalyessa who should be called for an offensive fouls every time she sets a pick. So . . . naturally Sides sits her the entire 2nd half. Why?

The Fever's defense was consistent through out the game - Atlanta scoring by quarter: 17, 21, 21, & 20. The game got tight because Indiana' offense disappeared - points by quarter: 22, 30, 18, & 14.

Dantas hits is 3-4 on 3pt shots in the first half. She stretches the defense by pulling a big out to guard her on the perimeter. She sets the best picks on the team - she's huge and knows how to plant herself unlike Nalyessa who should be called for an offensive fouls every time she sets a pick. So . . . naturally Sides sits her the entire 2nd half. Why?

The Fever's defense was consistent through out the game - Atlanta scoring by quarter: 17, 21, 21, & 20. The game got tight because Indiana' offense disappeared - points by quarter: 22, 30, 18, & 14.
Frankly, I don't understand why Smith plays as much as she does, now that Temi is healthy. Yes, Temi blew two layups last night and is still getting back into game shape, but she is WAY better than Smith. I like Dantas in there better than Smith as well. I also do not know why Hull does not start. She has earned it. Our best lineup is Clark, Mitchell, Hull, Temi, and Boston.

Frankly, I don't understand why Smith plays as much as she does, now that Temi is healthy. Yes, Temi blew two layups last night and is still getting back into game shape, but she is WAY better than Smith. I like Dantas in there better than Smith as well. I also do not know why Hull does not start. She has earned it. Our best lineup is Clark, Mitchell, Hull, Temi, and Boston.
Yes - start Hull, bench Katie Lou. More minute for Temi & Dantas. Tell Smith she can play when she remove her head from her butt.

BTW - Nalyssa & Dijon have reunited.

Yes - start Hull, bench Katie Lou. More minute for Temi & Dantas. Tell Smith she can play when she remove her head from her butt.

BTW - Nalyssa & Dijon have reunited.
I didn't know they had broken up? Do you have the juicy details?

Everyone was complaining about Dantas taking to many shots the other night. Every game is different. She was really good in the 1st half and went 4-5 from the field for 11 points in 10 minutes. It's just really hard to expect Clark, Mitchell and Boston to go play so many minutes every game and basically can't ever have a bad game. 38 minutes for Mitchell, 37 for Clark, and 32 for Boston who did get a nice rest and Dantas played well replacing her in the 1st half. You know MItchell is going to give you at least 20-25 every night, CC 18 and 8-10 assists a game and Boston a double double basically every night. But when 1 starter plays 6 minutes and the other plays 27 and goes 3-10 and can't guard a chair it's tough. Hull is probably better playing 20-25 minutes tops but we're getting nothing out of the small Forward position so she plays more than she should. Smith starts, normally plays the first 5-6 minutes, hits the floor 3-4 times looking for a foul and then goes in and out the rest of the game. They need 2 more quality starters to really compete in a full season against the top teams.

I’m not sure starting Lexi is the proper thing. She is probably best wing defender and plays hard. But she also plays hard and gives maximum effort and picks up fouls. Playing 25-30 minutes per game is probably about right. Based on that, starting her is probably less important than having her able to close out 4th. Lexi having 4 fouls with over 5 min left was a concern last night.

I’m not sure starting Lexi is the proper thing. She is probably best wing defender and plays hard. But she also plays hard and gives maximum effort and picks up fouls. Playing 25-30 minutes per game is probably about right. Based on that, starting her is probably less important than having her able to close out 4th. Lexi having 4 fouls with over 5 min left was a concern last night.
Counterpoint is that you should play your best 5, and that we have a better chance of mounting a lead with Lexi in the game, thereby breaking the spirit of the opposition and lessening the need for her to take chances resulting in fouls. It would be like during the early part of the season when Caitlin struggled with foul trouble, bringing Caitlin off the bench to start the game so she can play in the 4th quarter.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Angel rebounds well, but....

GV7eaNgWQAAauYC

People are really butthurt over the Clark foul on Canada. My first thought was that it was going to be an F1, but no one on ATL was calling for a review so I figured it looked worse than it was.

If the Fever can get a stronger rebounder and Chicago gets a better PG, Indiana vs Chicago is going to be a great rivalry for years to come.
Boston just always looks slow and plodding to me.

As a team they set REALLY bad screens. They never hold the screen, set it squarely, and are almost always moving. This is poor coaching in my view.....

People are really butthurt over the Clark foul on Canada. My first thought was that it was going to be an F1, but no one on ATL was calling for a review so I figured it looked worse than it was.

For those who don't understand the rules. every part of Clarks play was going for the BALL. In my mind that makes it a basketball play unlike some of the shit we've seen done to Clark early in the year. If you notice, a lot of that stuff has backed down, because CC took her lumps like a big girl, and said nothing. That and she has shown the league she's a PLAYA, and has earned her cred..

I wondered why Gustafson started against Chicago. I found it.
Las Vegas Sun: However, the Aces got a boost from Megan Gustafson, who scored 13 points in her first start of the season. Plum had 18 points and Chelsea Gray broke double scoring figures for the first time in five games, finishing with 11 points. Gustafson has also begun to expand her own game from outside the arc, shooting 3-of-5 from 3-point range against the Sky.

Gustafson is the latest player Hammon has rotated into the stating forward spot. Alysha Clark started against the Minnesota Lynx on Aug. 23 and Kiah Stokes started against the Lynx on Aug. 21.

"I think for the Chicago Sky game, Meg (Gustafson) was just the better matchup," Wilson said. "Kiah (Stokes) still came in and was Kiah. That's what I love the most about Kiah is that she doesn't get caught up in 'oh my gosh why am I coming off the bench?' and I think that speaks volumes...We have a locker room that is willing to do whatever needs to be done in order for us to get the win."

Reactions: Franisdaman
With Dantas getting the most bench minutes. Hull is an absolute pleasure to watch. She just makes things happen. Reminds me of Nicholas Bauer. And she is a pleasure on the eyes to boot. She should be starting. Smith and Samuelson should be on the bench. It's clear as day who the top 6 players are IMO.

Reactions: DewHawk

Reminds of when the same thing happened to Caitlin a few games back resulting on a no call. Me personally, I would have called that a flagrant as would the one against Caitlin. I can't stand how they let people beat each other up. But, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Or in this case, what is good for the gander is good for the goose.

SIAP, but I saw this on social media. Our Caitlin is learning more and more of the tricks of the trade. I didn't notice while watching the game, but watch her on this jump ball. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT