ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I'm giving DeShields a little bit of a break due to battling back from some really serious health issues. Plus, other than losing it late in the game, it looked to me like she was about the only Sky player that gave 100% effort.
Nah.. she lowered her shoulder and could have hurt CC. It was a cheapshot and she had a few of them. Eff her as far as I'm concerned

Dallas (9-22) beat Minnesota (23-9) at home tonight, 94-76.

The Fever (16-16) are at Dallas on Sunday, Sep 1 (3:00 pm CT tip; TV: NBA TV).

Tickets start at $177. The game is being played in Arlington, TX, at College Park Center, which seats up to 7,000 spectators.

Dallas (9-22) beat Minnesota (23-9) at home tonight, 94-76.

The Fever (16-16) are at Dallas on Sunday, Sep 1 (3:00 pm CT tip; TV: NBA TV).

Tickets start at $177. The game is being played in Arlington, TX, at College Park Center, which seats up to 7,000 spectators.

Dallas has won 3 in a row with victories over Las Vegas and Minnesota. Fever are going to need a 35% or less shooting performance from Arike to be in position to win. Sabally is averaging almost 20 per game in the last 5. Hoping for the best but this one looks like it's going to be a challenge. I would expect both teams to be near 100 points.

not much of a series. should have been a 4-0 sweep.

GWRkmBrXIAASF1F

Just caught the Sky post-game. The two players interviewed did take some accountability for lack of a leadership role for the younger players, but, one player in particular targeted the officials for horrendous officiating (of course not directly doing so), but obviously it was horrid for both teams. One player mentioned how much Clark and Boston play the pick and roll game and mentioned their own lack of defense.

Weatherspoon basically threw her entire team under the bus for lack of defense and not getting the ball well enough into the post for her bigs. She mentioned the officiating being bad (of course, in the best way she could, so as to avoid a fine or worse), and had to sit Reese for a long period of time. She didn't mention Cardoso, but only Reese. I wonder how thrilled Cardoso is to be on that team.
She waited until the end of the presser to very briefly say that they needed to play together, as a whole, on the defensive side of the ball, and added, culpability for that included her as well.

The usual lack of credit due to the other team was glaring to me. No mention of how well the Fever executed their offense, and also, the Fever's play even in a general sense, didn't come to mind. No real news on that.

Their team is in trouble and they all know that. We all know about all of the drama, stat padding, and poor execution on both ends of the floor. That team has much deeper issues, that I suspect remain behind closed locker room doors. To think that, suddenly they can turn things around and make a good run at securing a playoff spot, is still possible, but not guaranteed. Two players that we know of, one whom we know was traded, and the other will remain with them until the season ends. This, after her agent let it be known that she wanted out.

One final observation that I made, was that Weatherspoon stood at the base of some steps to the podium, as the players were being interviewed, and just stood there until their press time ended, and hers began. My belief is that she is closely watching what is said by the press and her players. Makes being uncomfortable, feel really uncomfortable. I got the sense that the players seemed to ramp up their accountability, once she came in and stood off to the side of them.

Just a few quick thoughts.

Last edited:
The Fever (16-16) are at the .500 mark for the first time since May 2022, when they were just 2-2.

Indiana's 103 straight games under .500 was the 3rd-longest streak in WNBA history, per Elias Sports Bureau.

The last time the franchise was .500 or better in the month of August? That would be 2016, Tamika Catching's final season.

According to ESPN, the Fever have had the best offense in the league since June 13.

This season the Fever started 1-8. They are 15-8 (.652) ever since (includes wins over the current top 3 teams in the standings: New York, Connecticut and Minnesota).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT