ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

And then she didn’t show up at the press conference afterwards. Caitlin has the logo 3 as her signature, Angel’s got the no show.
She was fined $1000 for skipping press conference after Fever game. For skipping the second consecutive, I’d guess they double the fine. Which means with a salary of <80k for 40 games, she is paying to play. But how far can league go when everyone knows she makes 10x or for from carryover NIL money vs peanuts actually from the league?

Reese just got ejected from the Liberty/Sky game. Got called for a 5th foul and then said some things. Ref tossed her.

Such a classless piece of trash.

She is classless, but from what I have seen this morning, that ejection was bad wnba refs being bad. Called for a fairly weak foul, so she says bullshit and they give her a double technical and toss her? That is over the top. These wnba refs are

charles-barkley-basketball-player.gif

looks like aces tickets on the floor at arlington tonite { expensive} are gone, pretty good deal on nosebleed tickets

talking to a random stranger in bar last night about sports and betting, CC foulgate came up... he said, "maybe they always beat on rookies all this time and we never saw it before because all eyes on CC now" maybe. I doubt it to this extent

She is classless, but from what I have seen this morning, that ejection was bad wnba refs being bad. Called for a fairly weak foul, so she says bullshit and they give her a double technical and toss her? That is over the top. These wnba refs are

charles-barkley-basketball-player.gif
The first tech was for saying "bullshit." The second tech was for waving the ref off after the tech. Apparently, the WNBA had said waving off a ref like that after a call is an automatic tech. So all the players knew that.

She's just too dumb to quit while she's behind.

The sad thing, imo, is all of this turmoil and racial bickering could have been COMPLETELY avoided if the W had a legit product in the first place. Instead they built and promoted a product more akin to Roller Derby. Carter apparently was the lead jammer on Saturday, fwiw.

If a clean game was routinely called the ruffians, and more importantly their motivations - racial or not - would be irrelevant and a non-topic if not allowed for in the first place. THUS, mass disharmony avoided. Kinda simple, isn't it?

Dunno, maybe the league can evolve but so far the the loudest voices in the W seem to be from the old guard, unfortunately 🤷‍♂️.

Funny how pissed off this Becky Hammon gets about fouls not getting called that aren’t even remotely as bad as some of the shit that’s happened to Clark and not got called…

In fact the technical she got, no way in hell was that a foul. This is the most erratic, inconsistent league I’ve ever seen on fouls

The Aces win 95-81.

5 days ago, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement; she ate up a lot of Kate's minutes tonight. Hayes' stats: 21 minutes, 1-3 (33%) from three, 3-4 (75%) from two, 2-2 (100%) FTs for 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal.

Hawkeye stats:

....................Kate..........Megan

Mins................14.................6

From 3:....0-2..................0-2
From 2:....0-1...................0-1
Overall:...0-3 (0%)........0-3 (0%)

FTs.................0-0............0-0

Points................0...............0
Rebounds.........0...............0
Steals.................2...............0
Assists...............1................0
Blocks................0...............0

Turnovers.........0...............0
Fouls..................2................2

The Fever's home loss to the Sparks last week looks worse every day. The Sparks shot 14-23 from three against the Fever. In the three games since then, the Sparks have shot 13-58 from three. In two of the three games they've combined to shoot an atrocious 4-35. They've lost two straight and they're getting blasted by the Lynx tonight.

Last edited:
The Fever's home loss to the Sparks last week looks worse every day. The Sparks shot 14-23 from three against the Fever. In the three games since then, the Sparks have shot 13-58 from three. In two of the three games they've combined to shoot an atrocious 4-35. They've lost two straight and they're getting blasted by the Lynx tonight.
Easy to make open shots.

Unless you're on the Fever.

Well, from what I can decipher from WNBA rules… as long as the block on the ball comes first, then it’s open season on the shooter from that point forward.

Fully expect one of these women to block a shot with their left hand and then come back with a right hook combo.

Next, on the WWENBA!
That is certainly how they call it. I always thought that was a foul.

Reactions: MplsHawk
“Not in the W” is what the gatekeepers there will proudly tell you. There’s this odd dynamic with thinking they have “the best league” because they foul the shit out of each other. I don’t get it.

Seems more like roller derby than basketball.
I like to think of myself as pretty open-minded when it comes to what people's sexual preferences are and all of that - IDGAF about it. But in light of Cameron Brink's comments the other day about how she is very feminine but advocates inclusion for the W and its "masculine" players (her characterization, not mine), I do wonder if there is an element of machismo where this is seen as appealing and desirable, when in reality, most people just think it is bad basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT