ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

A couple months ago I'd say you take Caleb Williams. Now I say trade back, I don't want my QB to be soft and I don't like the makeup of Williams at all.

Marvin Harrison is great but not great enough to miss out on a haul if you can trade back a couple spots.

Not a Bears fan though.

A couple months ago I'd say you take Caleb Williams. Now I say trade back, I don't want my QB to be soft and I don't like the makeup of Williams at all.

Marvin Harrison is great but not great enough to miss out on a haul if you can trade back a couple spots.

Not a Bears fan though.
Which means the Bears will pick Caleb Williams....

Whatever the smart move is the Bears will do the opposite.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Bears will F it all up. Seen this shit show before...

Only thing more frustrating to watch than Iowa's offense is the Bears f'ing up on1st round draft picks...and everything in general.
Poles is 1 for 1 with how he handled his first 1st round pick. I would give him an A+ for a grade on that one.

Having said that, I don't envy the decisions he has to make. The guys who cover the team are leaning more and more that they will be taking a QB again and moving on from Fields. But whatever they do, historically speaking, will be the wrong choice. Fields will start for somebody next year, that's for certain.

What in the world have you seen from him to think he’s the guy?
There are so many stats and numbers that are better than other young starters, like Lawrence, and nobody is calling for the Jaguars to move on from him. Fields has gotten better every year.

The question though, is Justin the QB that you get to a Super Bowl because of or just with?

Did they beat the Vikings last week because of Justin or with Justin? I say with.

Reactions: kkhawk and Bro D
Poles is 1 for 1 with how he handled his first 1st round pick. I would give him an A+ for a grade on that one.

Having said that, I don't envy the decisions he has to make. The guys who cover the team are leaning more and more that they will be taking a QB again and moving on from Fields. But whatever they do, historically speaking, will be the wrong choice. Fields will start for somebody next year, that's for certain.
Honestly I haven't been following the Bears like I used to...

The Trubisky fiasco left a mark.

MH Jr is the best player in this draft and they need to take him if they have the opportunity.
If they can trade back from 1 and still be guaranteed to get him, then do it. If not, take him at 1 then the best available defensive lineman with their other rd 1 pick.
At some point cashing in these picks on elite players needs to be the priority over collecting more. Elite talent wins in the NFL.

I want them to fall in love with Pennix. Draft Harrison, and trade down to get Pennix. I highly doubt that happens.
I thought so too, then watching him vs Oregon and I was less than impressed. Daniels from LSU on the other hand... very intriguing there.

There are so many stats and numbers that are better than other young starters, like Lawrence, and nobody is calling for the Jaguars to move on from him. Fields has gotten better every year.

The question though, is Justin the QB that you get to a Super Bowl because of or just with?

Did they beat the Vikings last week because of Justin or with Justin? I say with.

I have been calling for benching Lawrence. It is CJ Beathard time.

Nothing matters until Virginia passes and they sell the team. They will draft Caleb if they do get #1 (which is now the overwhelmingly most likely case) to restart the clock and then systematically ruin him like they do every quarterback. Team is owned and run by absolute morons.

Reactions: blhawk

Not a Bears fan though.

Here is a worthwhile question though.

Will they get a haul if there is no QB on the board that anyone really likes?

If most teams have soured on Williams than you might not get very much.

Here is a worthwhile question though.

Will they get a haul if there is no QB on the board that anyone really likes?

If most teams have soured on Williams than you might not get very much.
It only takes a couple teams that need a qb and there are more than a couple teams that need a qb. The bears got an elite wr, a 1st and a 2nd for a midget qb last year. They'd get at least that this year... but as I said prior, eventually you need to start picking players that can help you win now. See the eagles and lions.

But it sounds like the Bears are among them though. If the Bears don't want to draft Williams, will other teams want to?
Yes. This isn't hard. Look around the NFL at starting qbs. 1/3 of the teams need a huge upgrade at qb to compete and they know it.

I think the league is showing the best path to the playoffs is to have a top tier QB still on a rookie contract, and use that money to put pieces around him. Once you have to pay out for that second contract you have to start making sacrifices elsewhere.

For some reason, in third grade, little HawkMachine decided he wanted to be a Miami Dolphins fan.

Whatever day it was, whatever month it was, it was one of the most important days of my life.

If that day wouldn't have existed, I'm about 99.9% sure I would have ended up being a Bears fan.

Thank you little HawkMachine for making this important decision when you were so young.

Yes. This isn't hard. Look around the NFL at starting qbs. 1/3 of the teams need a huge upgrade at qb to compete and they know it.
Mock drafts aren't currently supporting me but I wouldn't be surprised if QB was taken with the top 4 picks when its all said and done... which would be fantastic for the Bears because I still really like Fields. Get rid of dumbass Getsy at the very least. Trade back and still get MHJ. Draft Brock Bowers with their other first round pick. If they could land arguably the best WR and TE prospects of all time but still gain more draft capital, sign me up.

Arizona is the wildcard with regards to MHJ.. curious what they'll do at QB.

But as someone previously noted, theres always a very good chance the Bears **** it all up

I am over Fields, but count me as a Bears fan who wants no part of Williams or Maye . Two months ago I would have said take Williams, but after watching this season….I think there is a decent chance the guy could end up being a locker room problem…
Take MHJr at 1 or trade down if you can do that and still get him….then pick up the best OLine or Dlineman with the other pick.

Roll the dice with Fields for one more year or just try to sign a veteran to act as a one year bridge in free agency….or maybe trade back up later and take a shot on Bo Nix or Jayden Daniels.

Whatever they do, the Bears will surely mess it up.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
What has anyone seen from Fields that makes them think he is the answer? They clearly don't trust him to throw the ball downfield or go through progressions.

You draft a QB.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Mock drafts aren't currently supporting me but I wouldn't be surprised if QB was taken with the top 4 picks when its all said and done... which would be fantastic for the Bears because I still really like Fields. Get rid of dumbass Getsy at the very least. Trade back and still get MHJ. Draft Brock Bowers with their other first round pick. If they could land arguably the best WR and TE prospects of all time but still gain more draft capital, sign me up.

Arizona is the wildcard with regards to MHJ.. curious what they'll do at QB.

But as someone previously noted, theres always a very good chance the Bears **** it all up
Rumors are Arizona is sticking with Kyler and looking to add a wr. The Bears can't afford to let MH Jr get to the cards which is likely going to be pick #2 :(.

Ideally, the Bears could move forward with Fields as their QB. They could then trade down a few picks and still get MHJr and a top OL or DL with their two picks.

I just don’t know if Fields is the answer. I also don’t have confidence in the current coaching staff so maybe Fields would be better with better coaching.

This draft has huge implications for the Bears and their success for the next 5 years. Hopefully we aren’t looking back at this draft like another Turdbisky draft.

What has anyone seen from Fields that makes them think he is the answer? They clearly don't trust him to throw the ball downfield or go through progressions.

You draft a QB.
His flashes are there, it's consistency that's lacking. His deep ball is legit but they definitely don't utilize it enough. Watch him vs Washington and the lions in the first game and you'll see its there. Plus he's 24 and a top 1% athlete in the league. You just don't give up on those guys too quickly unless the replacement is a no doubt upgrade... and I don't think Williams or maye are that much of sure things.

Reactions: nelly02
They need Alt, or the OT from PSU with their first pick. If they can trade back and still get either of those two I'm all in favor of trading the top pick. The second pick in the 1st round goes to the best DT on the board. Caleb Williams doesn't do it for me at all. I'd rather see what Fields turns into with a decent offensive line and some WRs to throw to.

Reactions: kkhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT