ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

He played in a conference where numbers like that aren’t really anything special. The stats you posted were good for fourth in the PAC-12 in yards per game, fourth in completion percentage, and third in touchdowns.

I don’t ‘blame’ him for all those losses. But ultimately he was the team leader, just as he will be expected to do so in Chicago. And when USC’s season was circling the drain, I didn’t see anything out of Williams that indicates he’s ready to be the leader of an NFL franchise. He was, publicly at least, more concerned with who was going to get the #1 draft pick and whether he would be willing to play for them or just come back for one more year of college. And then of course there was his ridiculous demand of partial ownership of whatever team drafts him.

So…good luck with that.
All absolutely laughable talking points lmao

As a Bears fan who wanted to trade the pick again I'm rooting for Caleb to be great, but I'm worried he could be more Cutler than Mahomes. He has physical attributes to be one of the best, but so did Cutler.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
As a Bears fan who wanted to trade the pick again I'm rooting for Caleb to be great, but I'm worried he could be more Cutler than Mahomes. He has physical attributes to be one of the best, but so did Cutler.
The question you have to ask yourself is do any of the other quarterbacks in this draft have the tools to be better than Fields. I think Caleb is the only one that does

I love how people think a guy who led one of the most talented teams in college football to the Sun Bowl is going to lead one of the most mediocre teams in the NFL to the Super Bowl.
He steps into arguably the most talented group of receivers in the NFL, especially when you throw in Kmet and Swift. The offensive line should be better. And, the defense was rounding into form.
Williams is not going to be expected to be a savior, he's expected to run an NFL offense that is loaded with weapons.

He steps into arguably the most talented group of receivers in the NFL, especially when you throw in Kmet and Swift. The offensive line should be better. And, the defense was rounding into form.
Williams is not going to be expected to be a savior, he's expected to run an NFL offense that is loaded with weapons.
I think we will find out Fields made the Oline look worse than they were. Bagent played 4 games and got sacked, what…twice? Three times?

Good thread here putting some of the ridiculous talking points to rest. Lots of the haters really have no idea what they're talking about

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
I was reading a recap on BN this morning, and it was mentioned that the Bears still have $20+ million in cap space. Now, maybe they lock up a young player long term, but, they've done a lot of that already. Maybe they hold on for next season? They are in a good spot to add some 1 year FAs before training camp, or add some salary via trade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT