ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

Rizz-bomb! Let me enjoy-
tenor.gif

What's the rule on check swings?

If its just the amount the bat head travels, its very questionable that Willson went. If its the fact the bat head went over the plate regardless, then he absolutely committed to a swing.

That's baseball, and pro sports for the most part.
What about football? think kittle is paid enough?
Haha, basketball and football are pretty awful comparisons when you look at guaranteed money, and yes kittle is paid enough. He got drafted in the 5th round and a little over 3 years later he's got a 75 mil contract. Javy was drafted 9th overall in 2011 and was making 655k when he finished top 3 in MVP 2 years ago. That got him bumped to 5.2 last yr and he will be a very rich man soon. My initial point is he's just played instead of crying like KB who has gotten paid significantly more even though being in league shorter and he's flat out not the player Javy is. It's why javy will get his deal and KB will move on

Reactions: Hawkfan757
Haha, basketball and football are pretty awful comparisons when you look at guaranteed money, and yes kittle is paid enough. He got drafted in the 5th round and a little over 3 years later he's got a 75 mil contract. Javy was drafted 9th overall in 2011 and was making 655k when he finished top 3 in MVP 2 years ago. That got him bumped to 5.2 last yr and he will be a very rich man soon. My initial point is he's just played instead of crying like KB who has gotten paid significantly more even though being in league shorter and he's flat out not the player Javy is. It's why javy will get his deal and KB will move on
Hahaha??
kittle came to the NFL ready to play. Baez did not come to the Cubs ready to be a major league player....

By the way I'm sure javy could have him a really nice sized contract if he wasn't waiting for free agency. One's taking the cash now, one is going to wait it out. Different strokes for different folks....

Another game and another outstanding starting pitching performance, along with an offense that keeps putting up at least 4 runs a game and some pretty damned good defense when needed. Oh, and just another notch in the W column..... after the bullpen added a little unneeded drama to the proceedings late.

tenor.gif

Reactions: mthawkeyes
At what point does mlb just tell a team they're done?? They really going to get to 60 games? If not they shouldn't get to play in playoffs. Don't reward teams for being irresponsible!
I see their game tomorrow against the White Sox is postponed, but they will resume play on Saturday. I don't know how many games they have had postponed to date, but it has to be at least a dozen. They have only played 5. 5.

Reactions: HawkBall23
For an historical reference, the Cubs played 4 DHs in 4 days at Wrigley Field starting on 9/1/67 through 9/4/67. These were full 9 inning ball games. The first 3 were against the Mets as a regularly scheduled 3-game series in NY had been rained out and the make up games were moved to Wrigley. The 4th DH was against the Dodgers. The Cubs used 8 different starting pitchers, if you can imagine that: Jenkins, Culp, Niekro (Joe), Calmus, Hands, Holtzman, Nye, and Gardner.

Anyway, here is a link to the Cubs 1967 schedule and you can click on the dates to review the box scores of each game. Oh. The Cubs went 5-3.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1967&t=CHN

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Hahaha??
kittle came to the NFL ready to play. Baez did not come to the Cubs ready to be a major league player....

By the way I'm sure javy could have him a really nice sized contract if he wasn't waiting for free agency. One's taking the cash now, one is going to wait it out. Different strokes for different folks....
Still a dumb shit comparison, javy came in at 19 and everyone knows baseball isn't plug n play like like NFL and NBA but he wasn't a 5th rounder like kittle and George hasn't helped bring a ring (yet). Nothing you say changes that Javy has been way underpaid until now but even covid is screwing that up. Javy is waiting for the long term extension that's coming, Glass Bryant for free agency. Adios pretty boy

Still a dumb shit comparison, javy came in at 19 and everyone knows baseball isn't plug n play like like NFL and NBA but he wasn't a 5th rounder like kittle and George hasn't helped bring a ring (yet). Nothing you say changes that Javy has been way underpaid until now but even covid is screwing that up. Javy is waiting for the long term extension that's coming, Glass Bryant for free agency. Adios pretty boy
So you're blaming George for not being on an elite team??? And you want to mention dumb?? Lmfao!!
We won the WS so I guess heyward is well worth his salary ;)
Nearly all athletes are underpaid to start their careers, get over it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT