ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

With our BP you can pretty much forfeit 2 of them!!

Unless the bats can put enough runs on the board to make an iffy BP a near non-factor. Also, maybe one of the starters in a DH can get through 6 of the 7 innings, if not all 7.

I'm not forfeiting s* to them turdbirds! Here's hoping they lose each game of every single one of those DHs they gotta make up.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
Unless the bats can put enough runs on the board to make an iffy BP a near non-factor. Also, maybe one of the starters in a DH can get through 6 of the 7 innings, if not all 7.

I'm not forfeiting s* to them turdbirds! Here's hoping they lose each game of every single one of those DHs they gotta make up.
I'm hoping they all go 6 it 7, still lose a game or 2.....any chance Q is ready to go??

The top of the 10th might be the first time someone reaches 2nd base tonight - let alone 1st. Yeesh.

One of the things I am really impressed about the Cubs this season, is they deal with on-field adversity really well (aside from the 3 Ls).

It always seems if they've been 'shut down' for a while, and the other team plates a run in the last half inning, they always come back with at least 1 themselves.

3-1 good guys, after a couple BBs and well placed bloops. Now time to work over that Brewer BP!

Last edited:
One of the things I am really impressed about the Cubs this season, is they deal with on-field adversity really well (aside from the 3 Ls).

It always seems if they've been 'shut down' for a while, and the other team plates a run in the last half inning, they always come back with at least 1 themselves.

3-1 good guys, after a couple BBs and well placed bloops. Now time to work over that Brewer BP!

Let's see if you jinx them like I jinxed Darvish with a text to all my cubs friends about his no no after 6 last night.

Reactions: noleclone2
Right-hander Colin Rea will make his first major league start since 2016 when he takes the mound for the Chicago Cubs against the visiting Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday afternoon.

Rea, 30, has spent the past few seasons resurrecting his career in the minors after Tommy John surgery wiped out his 2017 campaign. He earned a spot in the Cubs' bullpen to start this season and has tossed three scoreless innings.

An injury to Cubs right-hander Tyler Chatwood forced first-year manager David Ross to shuffle his rotation. Chatwood was supposed to start Friday, but fellow starter Alec Mills stepped in on short notice to take his place.

That left an opening for Saturday, when Mills initially had been slated to start.

Rea went 7-7 with a 4.81 ERA in 25 games (24 starts) with the San Diego Padres from 2015-16. He also made one start for the Miami Marlins on July 30, 2016, recording 3 1/3 scoreless innings in what would be his final outing for years.

In 26 starts for the Triple-A Iowa Cubs last season, Rea went 14-4 with a 3.95 ERA. This will be his first career appearance against the Brewers.

https%3A%2F%2Fcubbiescrib.com%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F08%2FChainRizzo_AnthonyRizzo_MLBPA_BreakingT_shirt.jpg

Reactions: HawkBall23
Is Marquee about ready to realize, as I have, that Mark Grace is a drag. on Len and JD? His anecdotes aren't great, his wi-fi keeps taking a dump, and he was demeaning to his ex-wife on the air. I don't get what that brings me as a viewer.
Just let Len and JD shine.

So you're blaming George for not being on an elite team??? And you want to mention dumb?? Lmfao!!
We won the WS so I guess heyward is well worth his salary ;)
Nearly all athletes are underpaid to start their careers, get over it...
It's been a decade, jackass and he's our best player. Heyward one of best players currently. And yes, comparing early NFL contracts to baseball is dumb as f*ck but no surprise based on your trpical posts. As long as Glass Bryant leaves and javy stays it's fine

What the hell happened to Kris Bryant? He has fallen off a cliff since 2016 and 2017 seasons.
I won't overstate the perception of the decline in his performance. The team itself isn't as good, and he had a better supporting cast. He is pressing.
He has had a few injuries to deal with, and I do believe the service time issue got into his head a lot more than he let on.

That's what a bullpen looks like, Theo. Your and Jason's inability to develop pitching is showing, again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT