ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

And it’s glorious!

“Best fans in baseball” don’t show up when they suck.
They haven’t completely given up yet. But the Cardinals are trending that way. When the Cards truly break it’s going to be as bad as the Rocks or Fish.

Gotta love the ‘roid era….
We all did

Angry Stick Figure GIF by Jess Smart Smiley

Reactions: lucas80 and QChawks
Looks like Almonte is going on the 15 Day IL and Cuas is being recalled from Iowa.

Injuries, injuries, injuries.

Am I wrong? That’s a weak offensive group. There were a few bloopers and seeing eye singles in there. Don’t get me wrong, you take every win, but that is not Murderers Row.
That’s the thing about baseball - it’s weird and baseball happens. You can make what looks like the perfect lineup and they can get run over and you can have a garbage lineup get some work done. That’s why I generally don’t get that caught up in lineup choices unless there’s a set pattern that seems stupid.

Let's hope this new pitcher has some nerves and gives up a few base runners and runs in the first inning.

Anything but a 10 pitch inning

That’s the thing about baseball - it’s weird and baseball happens. You can make what looks like the perfect lineup and they can get run over and you can have a garbage lineup get some work done. That’s why I generally don’t get that caught up in lineup choices unless there’s a set pattern that seems stupid.
What you just said and today's game. 3 HRs given up by Steele? Who'd athunkit? 🤮

Reactions: hawkifann
Look, I get that, but we are rolling out 4, sometimes 5 guys hitting .220 or below. Amaya is below .200. That’s a bad line up.

Reactions: hawkifann
Dies anyone know when the will resume?
The rain is moving out. Just some scattered light showers to the west of Pittsburgh. I keep checking Marquee because usually they will put a note on the rain delay coverage with the estimated start time. Nothing yet. That field was soaked. It might take a lot of prep on the infield to get it playable.
Enjoy the Cardinals and Brewers until the Cubs game resumes.

Kyle Hendricks is now listed as the Cubs starter on Sunday, so, another roster move is coming. Earlier this week the Cubs said he'd take another AAA start. My guess is Taillon is going to the IL

Kyle Hendricks is now listed as the Cubs starter on Sunday, so, another roster move is coming. Earlier this week the Cubs said he'd take another AAA start. My guess is Taillon is going to the IL
Or maybe Keegan back to AAA. After a great start he’s been pretty bad

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT