ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Looking forward to watching Skenes today. To quote Bull Durham. That guy throws some serious shit. Will definitely check him out when he throws in Milwaukee.

Hendricks on the bump today

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: blhawk
Why do the Pirates hit so many HRs against the Cubs, especially their lesser quality hitters?

With all those Ks, Skenes has thrown 46 pitches through 3 innings. At that rate, he probably won't go further than into the 6th inning.

I'm starting to think me having a weekday off is the new Cubs curse. I believe it is now the last 7 weekdays I'm off have ended in L's

David Bote is better than Miles Masturbates.
Ian Happ would be better off sitting next to David Ross.

I'm curious on the rule there, to me *if* the glove tag was good, does that count before the transfer to the hand and ball being knocked loose? I don't recall seeing a play like this before.

I'm assuming the glove tag was good and they called him safe because his toe came down prior to getting tagged on the knee.

Weird play.

I'm curious on the rule there, to me *if* the glove tag was good, does that count before the transfer to the hand and ball being knocked loose? I don't recall seeing a play like this before.

I'm assuming the glove tag was good and they called him safe because his toe came down prior to getting tagged on the knee.

Weird play.
I think the initial call was safe. What was confusing was when the ball came free the umpire also pointed at it, seemingly calling Bellinger safe off that portion of the play. Maybe the league will offer up some explanation.

Reactions: like-woahh

Weird play.
Since it was a tag play I think he had to hold on to it. Ump pointed at the ball and called safe. I was afraid they would overturn it because it wasn't knocked out on the initial impact, but when Bellinger hit his wrist.

Nico is day to day - my guess is him and Dansby are back Tuesday to give them tomorrow off along with the off day monday.

Reactions: like-woahh
What's happened to the Cubs offense this week?

Also, is Nico due back soon, I hope?
The Cubs have screwed up by not putting him on the IL. They can no longer back date any IL stint to maximize the days off. The bench is too weak to keep one more player off the field. #FreeLuisVazquez!!
Incidentally, the club is targeting Swanson's return for Tuesday.

Reactions: QChawks
Since it was a tag play I think he had to hold on to it. Ump pointed at the ball and called safe. I was afraid they would overturn it because it wasn't knocked out on the initial impact, but when Bellinger hit his wrist.

Nico is day to day - my guess is him and Dansby are back Tuesday to give them tomorrow off along with the off day monday.

Yeah, I'd like to see an official explanation because I think you're right, he pointed which means the safe call was due to the ball being lost.

I'm curious if that was confirmed during the replay or if that portion was bad, but they saw his foot touch before being tagged.

It's just one of those plays you don't see often, so it'd be nice to read the official ruling.

Reactions: RayRay3454
According to radio Ron, the play must be completed, meaning he had to successfully transfer the ball, which he did not, resulting in an out. (Like a reciever completing the catch to the ground). Ron Coomer also says some goofy things from time to time, but it seemed believable when he explained it on the broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT