ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I think it’s going to be bumpy for FAs this year and next. Too much uncertainty over TV money to create a big market. The big fish will eat up all the money quickly this offseason
Yeah, I think if Jed is able to steer this ship in the right direction, the biggest changes offensively will come from trades, unless he’s actually able to sign Soto or Anthony Santander. It’s time to shuffle the deck and use some of that prospect capital he’s built for major league upgrades. I’m certainly not saying they’ll all be traded, but at this point, I think only Happ, Dansby and maybe Busch are absolute locks to be on the roster next year (on the hitting side).

Is Jed willing to do what needs to be done? Assuming they don’t completely change this thing around and make the playoffs, I think Jed will go into the offseason as a lame duck and not get extended. He’d be running it back at the expense of his job if it doesn’t work.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
2 hits against a guy with an ERA of over 5?

I’m so ready to blow it all up and fire Jed.

I didn’t mind running it back this year, but just don’t understand why they didn’t go get a bullpen piece with some of their young talent when he who shall remain nameless was blowing 10+ saves in the first 3rd of the year …

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT