ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I liked JD’s response to Pat about the supposed 6/6 rule, and easing up when you have a big lead. Nah, you don’t. Maybe a few less attempts to get an extra base, but the players owe it to themselves to get hits.
And, we saw what happens earlier this week that even a 7 run lead might not be enough.

Next 2 weeks are big. Stay focused on the games in front of you and take care of PIT, then worry about NYY. Then, it's a Dodger road trip. After that, don't let down at Rockies. If the Phillies win tonight, it's down to 3GB in WC.

Over the next 2 weeks here is who they are chasing with their schedule

Atl - 3 home w/ COL, 3 home with TOR, 1 home with CIN, 2 away with WSH, then 4 home against LAD

NYM - 3 home w/ BOS, 3 home w/ CIN, 3 away w/ TOR, and 3 away w/ PHI.

Gonna be hard to make up ground on ATL with that schedule.

Reactions: noleclone2
Next 2 weeks are big. Stay focused on the games in front of you and take care of PIT, then worry about NYY. Then, it's a Dodger road trip. After that, don't let down at Rockies. If the Phillies win tonight, it's down to 3GB in WC.

giphy.gif

Over the next 2 weeks here is who they are chasing with their schedule

Atl - 3 home w/ COL, 3 home with TOR, 1 home with CIN, 2 away with WSH, then 4 home against LAD

NYM - 3 home w/ BOS, 3 home w/ CIN, 3 away w/ TOR, and 3 away w/ PHI.

Gonna be hard to make up ground on ATL with that schedule.
With regards to ATL and NYM, the Cubs have lost the head-to-head tie breaker with each team, so, in effect, the Cubs are even a game further back of each team. They will have to finish a game ahead of either of them in the WC standings to make the playoffs. :(

With regards to ATL and NYM, the Cubs have lost the head-to-head tie breaker with each team, so, in effect, the Cubs are even a game further back of each team. They will have to finish a game ahead of either of them in the WC standings to make the playoffs. :(
There is nobody the Cubs could end up tied with where they’d have the edge. They split the season series with Arizona, but the #2 tiebreak is divisional record and the Cubs will lose that. They have to win this shit outright.

Reactions: TheCainer
There is nobody the Cubs could end up tied with where they’d have the edge. They split the season series with Arizona, but the #2 tiebreak is divisional record and the Cubs will lose that. They have to win this shit outright.
Pretty much the same as last year. Behind the 8 ball again. They have to start playing better ball before the end of July.

Reactions: hawkifann
I'm not going to give up until the numbers indicate that it is actually lost. Stranger things have happened and are capable of happening.

For me though, I think my biggest interests are tied to the developments of both PCA and Amaya.

The progress they have made in the last 6-8 weeks have piqued my interest and I hope they can carry forward their development into next season. It would be nice to have them continue their improvement and maybe see a couple of the young pitchers continue to make strides as well as Shaw, Alcantara, Ballesteros, and Triantos make progress.. it's starting to remind me of the young Cubs of the 2015 season again. Just start next season with a bullpen that can make it deep into the season and give the team a chance to compete well beyond the All-Star break.

Oh, and fire Jed.😉

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT