ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Anyone listening to the game right now?? That was one of the worst national anthem singings I’ve ever heard.
I guess maybe I didn't pay attention as I was driving past the Pentacrest and there were things to look at, but I didn't think it was atrocious.

Appreciate all Kyle has done for the Cubs but it’s time to let him go.
This is how we know Jed and Carter aren't serious about competing this year. They could have brought up Wicks or Killian, maybe even part of a planned BP day, just anything but rolling out a guy who at best gives you 4 innings at this point of his career. They just refused to eat the money, and refused to cut a sentimental favorite.

This is how we know Jed and Carter aren't serious about competing this year. They could have brought up Wicks or Killian, maybe even part of a planned BP day, just anything but rolling out a guy who at best gives you 4 innings at this point of his career. They just refused to eat the money, and refused to cut a sentimental favorite.
Glad the players have more pride and fight in them than Jed ever will!

Fasten your seatbelts.

heath ledger joker GIF

Cubs down 1 ... top of 9 ... 2 outs. Bethancourt (with 5 RBIs today) up after PCA walked intentionally.

And, a 2 run single for Bethancourt to give the Cubs the lead 11-10. Backup C has 7 RBIs!

7 RBIs from the 9th spot. I wonder if that's a Cubs record?

9 runs scored by the bottom third of the order.

8-18 RISP

PCA 4-4 & .234 BA

I'm going to record this game later tonight so I can watch it again in January after the Polar Vortex is released.😄

7 RBIs from the 9th spot. I wonder if that's a Cubs record?

9 runs scored by the bottom third of the order.

8-18 RISP

PCA 4-4 & .234 BA

I'm going to record this game later tonight so I can watch it again in January after the Polar Vortex is released.😄
Not sure about the Cubs record, but here’s this:

Reactions: TheCainer
The Cubs made their bed, but run has been entertaining. The Mets picked a good time to play the White Sox, so that is going to make it tough to skip over them until next week.

The Cubs made their bed, but run has been entertaining. The Mets picked a good time to play the White Sox, so that is going to make it tough to skip over them until next week.
How very “Mets” would it be for them to lose that series?

How very “Mets” would it be for them to lose that series?
Actually wouldn't surprise me. Mets are clearly the better hitting team, but the Sox arguably have the starting pitcher advantage in each game. The Sox are really an enigma; I look at their lineup, and while they're not world-beaters, I can't figure out why they are so historically bad....

Actually wouldn't surprise me. Mets are clearly the better hitting team, but the Sox arguably have the starting pitcher advantage in each game. The Sox are really an enigma; I look at their lineup, and while they're not world-beaters, I can't figure out why they are so historically bad....
In this series, the big question is the bullpen. Sox pen is atrocious.

Reactions: lucas80
The Mets may not even matter now as the Braves have gotten hot again. I think they have won 8 of 10 and have key players coming off the IL. Plus, the Braves own the tie breaker over the Cubs.

For fun I listened to last night’s game again, but chose the Pirates broadcast team. 10-5. Were good. 10-7, 10-8. Let’s tighten this up fellas. 10-9 and beyond, sullen resignation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT