ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🪦*****

My gosh, surprised they didn't challenge the out at 2nd there, could have been tying run in scoring position.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

How many thrown out at home this year, 10? 3rd base coach needs fired.
The weird thing is I saw an interview with him in the last couple of days and he said if he's not getting guys thrown out at home, he's not doing his job.

I guess the thinking is he needs to be aggressive in order for the Cubs to be competitive, or, something like that. But, when it's not even close, well..........

Our 3rd base coach was waiving the runner home when the infielder had the ball 20 feet from third.

He needs to go asap.

Our 3rd base coach was waiving the runner home when the infielder had the ball 20 feet from third.

He needs to go asap.
Is there anywhere that tracks runners thrown out at home in a season? Cubs got to be nearing some kind of record. Just had another thrown out on a tailor-made double play ball. Probably not the 3rd base coach problem on that one, but still, getting really tired of seeing runners cut down at home.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Is there anywhere that tracks runners thrown out at home in a season? Cubs got to be nearing some kind of record. Just had another thrown out on a tailor-made double play ball. Probably not the 3rd base coach problem on that one, but still, getting really tired of seeing runners cut down at home.

I think I saw that the Cubs lead MLB in runners thrown out at home the last 3 years. Below is the play that the 3rd base coach sent the runner.

He would have been out by 50 feet.

• Wow
Reactions: jdw10224405
How many thrown out at home this year, 10? 3rd base coach needs fired.
I didn’t feel too bad about PCA getting thrown out. It took a perfect throw, and if you watch it from the outfield camera the Sox got a generous bounce. Any bobble of throw offline and he’s safe

Has it been mentioned here that Cade Horton has been shut down after a setback in his rehab from his last injury?
He’s going to have to start in the minors next year.

The weird thing is I saw an interview with him in the last couple of days and he said if he's not getting guys thrown out at home, he's not doing his job.

I guess the thinking is he needs to be aggressive in order for the Cubs to be competitive, or, something like that. But, when it's not even close, well..........
The White Sox also have an historically bad defense this year. I have no problem challenging them. 4-0. Wish we played them 18 times....

Has it been mentioned here that Cade Horton has been shut down after a setback in his rehab from his last injury?
He’s going to have to start in the minors next year.
Welp, he's certainly ready for the Cubs' MLB roster. He can join the ever-growing 60-day IL club...

3 against a good Cleveland team, so this series pretty much can put a nail in post season chances depending on how things go.

Jimmy Fallon Anticipation GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We got this. I can feel the anticipation growing. I don't think their closer is available tonight.

Rookie HP ump sucks tonight. Three egregious called 3rd strikes on the Cubs in 3 innings.

4th game behind the plate, I believe I heard JD say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT