ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Dolphins @ Jets Thread, Black Friday Edition***

MetLife Stadium claimed another unfortunate victim on Friday night — Miami Dolphins standout pass rusher Jaelan Phillips.

Phillips, who had a sack in the Dolphins’ 34-13 win over the Jets on the first-ever Black Friday NFL game, suffered a non-contact Achilles injury during the third quarter of the AFC East battle and was carted off the field.

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel told reporters in his postgame press conference that he didn’t have clarity on the injury but did not appear optimistic about things.

“It doesn’t look great, but we’ll find out more tomorrow. … I’m not fired up about it,” the head coach said.

Miami safety Jevon Holland, whose pick-six at the end of the first half changed the momentum of the entire game, talked after the game about MetLife Stadium’s turf.

“Since I’ve been in the league, I’ve heard the field is trash,” Holland said, per the Associated Press. “I don’t know the statistics or anything like that, but I do know turf does increase the chances of getting hurt.”

Dolphins running back Raheem Mostert was especially disturbed afterward, lamenting about MetLife Stadium, a place where Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers saw his season end on opening night with an Achilles injury.

“It’s tough, especially playing on this turf,” Mostert said, according to the AP. “No player wants to go down with a significant injury. You saw what happened to Rodgers, his very first game within the first series. It just sucks, man.

“For [Phillips], he’s going to have his space right. He’s going to get his mental right and be back stronger and better than ever. We’ve got to do something about this turf and this playing surface. Obviously, there is still a major problem. It just has to change.”

In an anonymous poll released by The Athletic Stadium earlier this week, MetLife Stadium was named the players’ least favorite stadium to play in, with the turf being among the central reasons for the low ranking.

Since 2020, here is just a partial list of notable injuries suffered on the MetLife Stadium turf.

Nick Bosa (ACL tear)
Solomon Thomas (ACL tear)
Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle sprain)
Raheem Mostert (MCL tear)
Sterling Shepard (Achilles tear)
Sterling Shepard (ACL tear)
Wan'Dale Robinson (ACL tear)
Blake Martinez (Achilles tear)
Shane Lemieux (patellar tendon tear)
Jabrill Peppers (ACL tear)
Kyle Fuller (ACL tear)
Aaron Rodgers (Achilles tear)
Al Woods (Achilles tear)
Jaelan Phillips (TBD)

Reactions: The Tradition
Big O post game show

Segment with David Furones

The Welt and Rheaume Miami Dolphins Post Game Report w/ David Furones 112423

Segment with Saifid Dean

Last edited:
Reason's post game show

Episode 914: Miami Dolphins DOMINATE New York Jets & Are #1 In The AFC | 5th Quarter Post Game Show

Unc & Ocho react to Dolphins blowing out Jets, Jerry Jones & Anthony Edwards’ wild takes | Nightcap

"Move over Fake Spike and Butt Fumble"

Jets’ Fan Rich Eisen Can’t Believe What He Saw in the Disappointing Black Friday Loss Vs. Dolphins

FULL MIKE MCDANIEL LOCKER ROOM SPEECH AFTER BLACK FRIDAY WIN AGAINST NEW YORK JETS | MIAMI DOLPHINS

Episode 916: Breaking Down Tua Tagovailoa's NFL Game Film Against The New York Jets In Week 12!

Film Breakdown: Tua Tagovailoa Played Great Outside of the Horrible Pick 6 vs a Tough Jets Defense

Since 2020, here is just a partial list of notable injuries suffered on the MetLife Stadium turf.

Nick Bosa (ACL tear)
Solomon Thomas (ACL tear)
Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle sprain)
Raheem Mostert (MCL tear)
Sterling Shepard (Achilles tear)
Sterling Shepard (ACL tear)
Wan'Dale Robinson (ACL tear)
Blake Martinez (Achilles tear)
Shane Lemieux (patellar tendon tear)
Jabrill Peppers (ACL tear)
Kyle Fuller (ACL tear)
Aaron Rodgers (Achilles tear)