ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official FSU vs. UL ACCCG Thread*****

What a messed up process. All about offense. Defense and winning close games no longer matters.

As difficult as it was for them to remove their emotions from the process, the sinking feeling about excluding an undefeated Power 5 conference champion was tempered by the belief that they did what they were tasked to do -- vote for the four best teams.

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."
Let’s see their picks for the entire season to verify the committee has this ability to know who is “good enough to win.”

What a messed up process. All about offense. Defense and winning close games no longer matters.

As difficult as it was for them to remove their emotions from the process, the sinking feeling about excluding an undefeated Power 5 conference champion was tempered by the belief that they did what they were tasked to do -- vote for the four best teams.

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."

Lying sack of shit. None of them have an ounce of remorse about it.

I genuinely never fathomed they'd worry about applying additional criteria to an unbeaten P5 conference champ to decide if they should be in the playoff.

I figured that's stuff you had to get into to decide how to separate out one or more 1 loss teams to participate.

The idea that a team that has 3 titles in the last 30 years, and a conference that has claimed 3 of the titles in the last 10 years, didn't have a path to the CFP even though it scheduled TWO SEC games not at home -

Total bullshit.

I genuinely never fathomed they'd worry about applying additional criteria to an unbeaten P5 conference champ to decide if they should be in the playoff.

I figured that's stuff you had to get into to decide how to separate out one or more 1 loss teams to participate.

The idea that a team that has 3 titles in the last 30 years, and a conference that has claimed 3 of the titles in the last 10 years, didn't have a path to the CFP even though it scheduled TWO SEC games not at home -

Total bullshit.
Yep.

If we had beat Louisville 35-6 it still wouldn’t have been enough.

Don’t care if this is a repeat,

GAhBM7ZXQAAnoZp

Here’s what I want to happen.

Jordan Travis gets the Heisman, because he’s obviously the most important player in college football.

Alabama wins the College Football Invitational and finishes with 1 loss.

FSU smokes Georgia and the AP writers and coaches poll put them #1 and we paint the wall.

Someone shoves the College Football Playoff trophy up Herbie’s ass.
Sideways.

Here’s what I want to happen.

Jordan Travis gets the Heisman, because he’s obviously the most important player in college football.

Alabama wins the College Football Invitational and finishes with 1 loss.

FSU smokes Georgia and the AP writers and coaches poll put them #1 and we paint the wall.

Someone shoves the College Football Playoff trophy up Herbie’s ass.
Sideways.

I like all of that except for bama. Eff them and the sec. I do not want them winning, even if we somewhat benefit. I'd rather they have a 4 point lead with 30 seconds left in the title game & give up a TD pass on 4th and goal from the 32.

So, Tuesday morning and it is almost noon and I am still a mixture of pissed the **** off and heart broken for the players. I can tell you all my friends, coworkers and family are same way, as are all FSU fans across social media.

Unlike losing a giant game, of which there have been plenty, this feeling is not subsiding, largely due to how utterly unjust and poor a decision it was coupled with how it was all done for money, vs just stupidity like normal human mistakes. An entity that has been against us for 10 years now, pulled the ultimate betrayal. It was as Mike said, disgusting. And contrast it with also just how special this team was and how bad it hurt these players and coaches who arose from ashes and overcame so much. This team should have been the feel good story of CFP and ESecPN made sure none of that happened.

So here is what I would like to see FSU do, as the only thing they can do, to get back at ESPN/Disney and the CFP committee. And the only reason I want the to do this is that I can tell based on reports of what I am hearing, the players are still hurting and crushed and really have no desire to play this game. We can talk of bouncing back from adversity, but this is beyond that. They have lost their spark, their dreams have been crushed, and a ton of these guys simply now can't getting hurt like 13 did playing this meaningless exhibition game against an opponent going through similar feelings. Also, by in large, the fans have no desire to go. So here is how noleclone2's diabolic plan goes:

Operation **** Herbstreit

• As we have already done, proceed forward with playing in Orange Bowl game
  • Go through the obligatory press junkets and build up
  • Take account and make sure to note the number of guys entering the portal, which has already begun
  • Important - have the guys we all know are going to opt out, stay mum about whether or not they will play, keep it cryptic
  • Get all our our extra bowl practices in which is extremely valuable time
  • Go to Miami and partake in the pomp and circumstance
  • Players get that SWAG
  • About 48 hours before kick off, have all the NFL bound guys opt out.
  • Morning of game, have Alford issue a statement that due to transfer portal, due to all the players deciding to out due to NFL injury concerns, and now due to flu and Covid breakout now suddenly hitting several players on the team (such info protected by HIPPA), FSU has decided that due to lack of players, FSU can not safely field a team and play tonight's game and is already flying home.
  • Bye Felecia
The beauty of this is it absolutely would kick ESPN and the whole bowl system in the nuts. They have no product to show. They have no ability to play later or put another team in. They just lost a New Years 6 bowl game.

And the beauty of this is that one of the most disingenuous things about what happened Sunday is these bastards, after bending us over the barrel in unprecedented fashion, then promptly and purposely put us in a bowl game that will then be the most watched non playoff bowl game, AINEC. They literally will profit from it. And are also hoping UGA, probably still the best team in country, destroys us.

I guarantee the adverting and sponsor dollars are just a hair below the Rose and Sugar Bowls. Whelp, guess what happens at 4PM that day when no game happens due to "health and safety concerns of players" POOF. A ton of revenue vanishes into thin air for ESPN. Far more than FSU and the ACC got screwed out of. Even better, they also have to eat all the production costs. It would be a 20 million dollar "**** you, see everyone in Ireland" moment and the 2023 team will remain unconquered for all time.

Reactions: BelemNole and SeaPA
I like all of that except for bama. Eff them and the sec. I do not want them winning, even if we somewhat benefit. I'd rather they have a 4 point lead with 30 seconds left in the title game & give up a TD pass on 4th and goal from the 32.
Ok, one loss Texas eeks out a win in the invitational.
That's better anyway.

So, Tuesday morning and it is almost noon and I am still a mixture of pissed the **** off and heart broken for the players. I can tell you all my friends, coworkers and family are same way, as are all FSU fans across social media.

Unlike losing a giant game, of which there have been plenty, this feeling is not subsiding, largely due to how utterly unjust and poor a decision it was coupled with how it was all done for money, vs just stupidity like normal human mistakes. An entity that has been against us for 10 years now, pulled the ultimate betrayal. It was as Mike said, disgusting. And contrast it with also just how special this team was and how bad it hurt these players and coaches who arose from ashes and overcame so much. This team should have been the feel good story of CFP and ESecPN made sure none of that happened.

So here is what I would like to see FSU do, as the only thing they can do, to get back at ESPN/Disney and the CFP committee. And the only reason I want the to do this is that I can tell based on reports of what I am hearing, the players are still hurting and crushed and really have no desire to play this game. We can talk of bouncing back from adversity, but this is beyond that. They have lost their spark, their dreams have been crushed, and a ton of these guys simply now can't getting hurt like 13 did playing this meaningless exhibition game against an opponent going through similar feelings. Also, by in large, the fans have no desire to go. So here is how noleclone2's diabolic plan goes:

Operation **** Herbstreit

• As we have already done, proceed forward with playing in Orange Bowl game
  • Go through the obligatory press junkets and build up
  • Take account and make sure to note the number of guys entering the portal, which has already begun
  • Important - have the guys we all know are going to opt out, stay mum about whether or not they will play, keep it cryptic
  • Get all our our extra bowl practices in which is extremely valuable time
  • Go to Miami and partake in the pomp and circumstance
  • Players get that SWAG
  • About 48 hours before kick off, have all the NFL bound guys opt out.
  • Morning of game, have Alford issue a statement that due to transfer portal, due to all the players deciding to out due to NFL injury concerns, and now due to flu and Covid breakout now suddenly hitting several players on the team (such info protected by HIPPA), FSU has decided that due to lack of players, FSU can not safely field a team and play tonight's game and is already flying home.
  • Bye Felecia
The beauty of this is it absolutely would kick ESPN and the whole bowl system in the nuts. They have no product to show. They have no ability to play later or put another team in. They just lost a New Years 6 bowl game.

And the beauty of this is that one of the most disingenuous things about what happened Sunday is these bastards, after bending us over the barrel in unprecedented fashion, then promptly and purposely put us in a bowl game that will then be the most watched non playoff bowl game, AINEC. They literally will profit from it. And are also hoping UGA, probably still the best team in country, destroys us.

I guarantee the adverting and sponsor dollars are just a hair below the Rose and Sugar Bowls. Whelp, guess what happens at 4PM that day when no game happens due to "health and safety concerns of players" POOF. A ton of revenue vanishes into thin air for ESPN. Far more than FSU and the ACC got screwed out of. Even better, they also have to eat all the production costs. It would be a 20 million dollar "**** you, see everyone in Ireland" moment and the 2023 team will remain unconquered for all time.

I'm pretty sure that ESPN collects those advertising dollars whether the game actually happens or not. Don't see ticket sales being refunded either.

I'm pretty sure that ESPN collects those advertising dollars whether the game actually happens or not. Don't see ticket sales being refunded either.
I don't think so. Not sure on the seats, though most tickets have a refund policy if event cancelled, but if there is no game, I don't see how the advertisers do not have a clause to get money back.

Just heard another Finebaum “hot take.” He believes the committee really wanted to put FSU at 6 (UGA at 5), and because they didn’t, that’s what’s driving all the controversy. Then why not tOSU as well Paul? Stay shilling.

I will never listen to anything from the 4 letter network ever again. Their narratives are manufactured and their hosts/analysts takes are scripted.

From now on it will be local and YT independents like Big O, JCS, Ira, Reason to name a few. Fortunately there are a lot of choices.

I was pretty much already there before Sunday but I would occasionally watch twitter clips of 4 letter employees. I am done with that.

I will never listen to anything from the 4 letter network ever again. Their narratives are manufactured and their hosts/analysts takes are scripted.

From now on it will be local and YT independents like Big O, JCS, Ira, Reason to name a few. Fortunately there are a lot of choices.

I was pretty much already there before Sunday but I would occasionally watch twitter clips of 4 letter employees. I am done with that.
I love college football. I watch pretty much any game that's on for the last 40 years.
I won't watch a single game this bowl season.
If someone has a way for me to watch FSU softball without using espn let me know.

I’m not a conspiracy guy, but two or three guys inexplicably changed their opinion over night. McElroy was the worst offender.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT