ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official FSU vs. UL ACCCG Thread*****

I’m not a conspiracy guy...
y0OwlLW.png

Test the market. I think he’s looking to get REALLY paid. I don’t blame him.

He certainly is going to make a ton.
How does that work? Players just get cash comp outright? Do they have to do anything for it or just stay enrolled and on the team?

Going to an SEC/B1G school? Don’t entirely get this.
I don’t get this at all. He’s been incredibly successful in the defense. Given his weight and the type of pass rush he favors (speed+agility) he’s not guaranteed to succeed everywhere.

Reactions: LBoogie28
I don’t get this at all. He’s been incredibly successful in the defense. Given his weight and the type of pass rush he favors (speed+agility) he’s not guaranteed to succeed everywhere.
I also assume there will be an influx of money for some of the guys returning both from adding members/donors, but also key guys graduating and moving on (Travis, Verse, Benson, etc). Seems like a knee jerk reaction, or someone has been in his ear.

Reactions: funksouljon
I also assume there will be an influx of money for some of the guys returning both from adding members/donors, but also key guys graduating and moving on (Travis, Verse, Benson, etc). Seems like a knee jerk reaction, or someone has been in his ear.
I assume someone has been in his ear. I know Miami’s been doing some shady stuff and UF have a ton of money to spend this cycle.

I love Pat, but if he’s going for a much bigger payday, there are a lot of excellent DL in the portal. Along with plenty of other big names at positions of need.

Reactions: noleclone2
College football is dead.
I really enjoyed this season and had a good time following the team. It helped me forget/overlook the dark side of college football. However, the events of the past several days along with all the NIL and transfer news have reminded me that the game I used to love is no more. What a shame. I don't blame the players, it is the "adults" running the show that have ruined it.

I really enjoyed this season and had a good time following the team. It helped me forget/overlook the dark side of college football. However, the events of the past several days along with all the NIL and transfer news have reminded me that the game I used to love is no more. What a shame. I don't blame the players, it is the "adults" running the show that have ruined it.
Yes. It was fun while it lasted. I cared and watched more this year than in the past 10-15. Good reminder not to get too invested.

Yes. It was fun while it lasted. I cared and watched more this year than in the past 10-15. Good reminder not to get too invested.
Same.

I bought into "The Climb" and "You are Built Differently" and it made me forget about everything else.

Looks like behind the scenes, these kids weren't as bought in as we thought and it's just about the money. Sad.

Same.

I bought into "The Climb" and "You are Built Differently" and it made me forget about everything else.

Looks like behind the scenes, these kids weren't as bought in as we thought and it's just about the money. Sad.
That might not be fair, just based on one guy leaving? But I get what you’re saying.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Same.

I don't blame him.

The "powers that be" just told the world that you won't be allowed to compete for a national championship at Florida State.

Former FSU qb and current member of FSU board of trustees Drew Weatherford

The recent decision by the College Football Playoff Committee validated my concerns in August. (For the record, this will be the last time I call it a playoff, and anyone who does is being intellectually dishonest; it's a showcase, NOT a playoff, with the primary goal of making money.) This decision highlights that the Big Ten and SEC are considered superior conferences, and if a team is not part of these two conferences, they are at a significant disadvantage. Read the article below.

This year, the ACC recorded a 6-4 record against the SEC and 4-3 against the BIG10. However, the final rankings show that 12 of the 13 top-rated football programs will be from the SEC or Big Ten next year. This means that even if the college football playoff had 12 teams this year, only one team from outside those conferences, Florida State University, would have made the playoff.

Over the next ten years, the SEC and Big 10 already have a ~$500 million financial advantage over the ACC. And now, for the first time in history, the committee's decision has set a precedent that even a one-loss SEC team is better than an undefeated team from the ACC.

Consider this scenario: If Alabama, Michigan, or Georgia lost their quarterback but still went undefeated and won the conference championship with their backup, would they have made the cut? The answer is yes, just like Ohio State did with Cardale Jones in 2014, and guess what? They won the whole thing.

Furthermore, the decision highlights a bias towards winning with the passing game because it's better for TV ratings. This is unfortunate because it devalues every other facet of the game. Sorry, Jared Verse even though you are one of the best football players in the country, because you don't drive viewership, the committee doesn't care how talented you are or acknowledge that you can change the outcome of a game.

Last, to throw out the most objective way to evaluate teams, which is the strength of record (FSU finished in 3rd place), is disgraceful, shameful, and blatantly money-driven.

For these reasons and many more, we need to stop pretending that college football is an amateur sport. We need to level the playing field and consolidate into two super conferences or establish an entirely new league that has a salary cap, a real playoff system that allows for things to be settled on the field, not the ivory tower, and let the spirit of competition thrive again.

I assume someone has been in his ear. I know Miami’s been doing some shady stuff and UF have a ton of money to spend this cycle.

I love Pat, but if he’s going for a much bigger payday, there are a lot of excellent DL in the portal. Along with plenty of other big names at positions of need.
The sport is very much now like running a professional team with the pot of money your owners give you. You better hope your front office knows how to much and who to pay. You can’t overpay and conversely some guys you can’t lose. Fortunately, I think our front office and salary pot are both very good for now. We shall see. But I hate all of this.

It’s not sustainable very long without making playoffs or being in the BIG or SEC. We were robbed big time of a playoff birth that probably would have gained even more for TBE honestly. If we can’t get in one of the super conferences soon or if the lunacy is not reigned back in, even with Mike and even with passionate fans, the gig will be up in five years. Nobody is going to keep trying if the system is so heavily stacked against them. FSU fans, like dozens and dozens of other schools will walk away from caring about it, or any other game. Ratings will plummet.

I would honestly put the whole stadium construction on hold ASAP until this is figured out unless we for sure are in BIG.

Noles 247 just finally let the cat out of bag that the team is a mess and there is almost no desire by any of them to play game. I think the game is in serious jeopardy. It’s getting more screwed up because all the players are alone as all the coaching staff immediately had to get on road for recruiting. I wish I had better news.

Noles 247 just finally let the cat out of bag that the team is a mess and there is almost no desire by any of them to play game. I think the game is in serious jeopardy. It’s getting more screwed up because all the players are alone as all the coaching staff immediately had to get on road for recruiting. I wish I had better news.
Unfortunately, they have to go to the bowl game if they want the revenue, but there's no rule that they have to play hard. Take a knee or play backups.

Unfortunately, they have to go to the bowl game if they want the revenue, but there's no rule that they have to play hard. Take a knee or play backups.

Exactly, I’ve been posting over there for the past two days saying the OB will be a glorified spring game and that I’m all for it. Our young players will get a lot of needed work during practices and the game. We’ll probably lose by 40 but I don’t care about the score.

Reactions: noleclone2
Exactly, I’ve been posting over there for the past two days saying the OB will be a glorified spring game and that I’m all for it. Our young players will get a lot of needed work during practices and the game. We’ll probably lose by 40 but I don’t care about the score.

On the flip side, not sure how motivated Georgia will be, either.

I figured this would be the case. We as fans are upset with the situation, but that feeling is exponentially worse for those that actually won the 13 games (against all odds). I’m sure the nerves are shot after the roller coaster that has been the last 3-4 weeks. They capped off an incredible season to win a ‘ship, only to get gut punched. They felt they had something to prove all season, and now that motivation has been sucked from the room. Norvell has a tough job going forward with regards to messaging…and that’s all the committee’s fault.

How much do I care about this Bowl Game on a scale of 1-10? Definitely a "1" because I can't go any lower. A lot of this is due to the miss on the CFP, but the main reason is the Portal/NIL effect. We're going to trot out a team that's a former shell of itself. Georgia won't be bringing their best to the table, either. Who cares? don't know what can be done to fix the non-CFB Bowl games

Never thought I'd say that about a New Year's Six / Orange Bowl appearance.........🤷🏽🤷🏽

I figured this would be the case. We as fans are upset with the situation, but that feeling is exponentially worse for those that actually won the 13 games (against all odds). I’m sure the nerves are shot after the roller coaster that has been the last 3-4 weeks. They capped off an incredible season to win a ‘ship, only to get gut punched. They felt they had something to prove all season, and now that motivation has been sucked from the room. Norvell has a tough job going forward with regards to messaging…and that’s all the committee’s fault.
Yep. A lot of these guys were psychologically harmed Sunday. Dreams they have had since childhood snuffed out for no reason.

Tim Brando: The Committee Is Corrupt & the Decision Process is Corrupt | CFP Rankings | CFB

I get my sports news here, Dan Le Batard show sometimes, and most days I catch PTI.

Is there any sense that the media at large doesn't embrace the ESPN narrative about FSU?

Last Coaches and AP poll had FSU higher than Bama.

Could they decide to give the finger to ESPN if FSU wins?

Saw a minute ago that Wilson declared for the draft & opted out of the bowl. I could easily see us without our top two receivers, our top RB, and pretty much all of our defensive front.

Reactions: BelemNole
Saw a minute ago that Wilson declared for the draft & opted out of the bowl. I could easily see us without our top two receivers, our top RB, and pretty much all of our defensive front.
We are losing our lesser players too who are also hitting the portal for more playing time blessed programs. Dark times for the Football BOWL Subdivision, who will need a new name.

Read that and then think about that little twit Finebaum smirking and chuckling about it all.
Infuriating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT