ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL Happy #Arrestmas DAY! THREAD****

Democrats privately are worried that the case before a Manhattan grand jury—based on Trump’s alleged role in hush-money payments made to an adult film star to cover up an affair—might be the weakest of all of the investigations into Trump and his orbit. It’s also not connected to the aspects of the former President’s behavior that his detractors find most galling, such as his efforts to overturn the 2020 election. Even Republican NeverTrumpers who are eager to crown a new leader of their party fear that a case seen as less-than-rock-solid could undermine future, potentially more damning ones.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is widely expected to be preparing an indictment of Trump on a felony for bookkeeping fraud, a charge based on his companies’ ledgers listing legal retainers which were actually hush money about an affair with Stormy Daniels. Prosecutors would have to prove that Trump ordered his lieutenants to make the false entries with the express purpose to defraud. To reach the felony threshold, those prosecutors would also have to prove that Trump made those false entries to sanction another crime—a potentially easy spot for Trump’s defense to discredit.

No one even knows the charges yet, spud.

And Cohen already served time for his part in this.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Letting a tyrannical criminal off the hook, correct.
So let me get this straight. You are ok with the son of our sitting president selling his dads influence (that his dad took portions of) to foreign nations that are bleeding ALL of the American taxpayers. Yet you are ok with that person trying to arrest his political rival for giving possibly donated money to pay off a hooker.

Just want to make sure you are clearly stating where you stand. Preach more about the fall of democracy please.

So let me get this straight. You are ok with the son of our sitting president selling his dads influence (that his dad took portions of) to foreign nations that are bleeding ALL of the American taxpayers. Yet you are ok with that person trying to arrest his political rival for giving possibly donated money to pay off a hooker.

Just want to make sure you are clearly stating where you stand. Preach more about the fall of democracy please.
Nice nonsensical Strawman. Absolutely laughable. I voted for the email lady knowing full well the disaster we'd be in. He far exceeded my expectations. Nice work.

Reactions: Ree4

Oh

Missed your banana republic posts when a Baltimore democratic mayor was convicted for stealing $630 in gift cards, and another for grifting off her children’s book sales.

Nuanced I suspect.
This must be today's talking point rebuttal... was this 7 years after the supposed pay off, orchestrated by a lawyer who's in jail, and was this mayor planning to run for president? Sorry but it's a ridiculous comparison and you know it.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
When do the Arrestmas presents get unwrapped?

Is this really the "12 Days of Arrestmas" here....????

This must be today's talking point rebuttal... was this 7 years after the supposed pay off, orchestrated by a lawyer who's in jail, and was this mayor planning to run for president? Sorry but it's a ridiculous comparison and you know it.
Multiple Trump org executives are in jail. You think that makes him look innocent?

Is anyone actually contesting that he crimed? This feels like Michael Avenatti.

Orchestrated by Cohen? We have a copy of Trump's check. You don't actually believe that Cohen was running this payoff scam, do you?

Orchestrated by Cohen? We have a copy of Trump's check. You don't actually believe that Cohen was running this payoff scam, do you?
Well his own lawyer is on record as saying as much but sure, you go with whatever gives you satisfaction that they finally got the big bad orange man.

Not all politicians, just the opposition. Defending the Manhattan DA as though this isnt 100% political is laughable.
If Democrats break the law, they need to held accountable. You won't hear Republicans say the same about their side. It becomes a "witch hunt" or "partisan politics". Republicans had numerous incidents where they could back away from Trump and still they won't.

200w.gif

More intentional projection by a good little Marxist. You'd think a "journalist" concerned with facism would be more concerned with oh I don't know, maybe a half dozen govt entities actively silencing other journalists, scientists, doctors, regular Joes but hey that's just me.
When did Jon Meacham claim to be a “journalist?”

Do you even know who he is?

Of all the things Trump could/should be nailed on....this is probably the weakest from an objective standpoint.
Again, it is just the first indictment of what will eventually be several. Whether it is the "weakest" or "strongest" is irrelevant --- if a Grand Jury has convened and decided the evidence merits an indictment, you move forward with an indictment. This is how the system works.

Reactions: Huey Grey and Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT