ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at the B1G Tournament Games Thread*****

Terrible bad luck with Sher getting that ball stuck in his glove. Mazur desperately needed that double play to get out of the inning.

At least he closed out the inning looking strong, especially that last hitter. But I'm afraid Iowa is going to need the bullpen early in this game.

The offense HAS to make Shingledecker work, he's by far their best pitcher.

Wilmus had a terrible read off that hit, he should have easily scored! At least there are no outs and runners on 1st and 3rd.

I really like the middle-opposite field approach to PSU's pitcher. He's working the outer half of the plate and Iowa should be looking to hit the ball to the right side of the field.

Baby steps.
Lead cut in half.
Need a sharp quick half inning by Mazur. Iowa is going to score some more runs today.

damn, that ball sounded good off the bat of Williams. Where in the heck is that wind???

So Mazur has been suffering with back spasms. That explains why he suddenly lost his command. At least he got Iowa 5 innings, now it's up to the bullpen to shut them down.

I'm not sure that there is anything I find more frustrating than hitters watching 3rd strikes.

So Mazur has been suffering with back spasms. That explains why he suddenly lost his command. At least he got Iowa 5 innings, now it's up to the bullpen to shut them down.
Not gonna matter if our hitters can’t get on base. Shingledecker is just shredding us.

Not gonna matter if our hitters can’t get on base. Shingledecker is just shredding us.
Easy to do when the umpire is giving him such a wide strike zone. Hitters cannot do much with a ball that's between 4-6 inches inside. If you try to hit it you will get jammed.

I've written it before and I'll write it again. Iowa struggles with pitchers who have good control and don't give up walks. Passivity with 2 strikes is maddening.

Walking the batter ahead of Matt Wood with one already on base and 2 outs is not a sound strategy. Asking for problems.

EDIT: Davitt got away with one on the 1-1 pitch. Elevated in strike zone. Wood rarely misses that pitch.

I've also written before and I'll write it again. I can't stand the "look into the dugout," get sign from dugout, look at wristband approach to calling pitches. Hard to get into a rhythm with that much time between pitches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT