ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at the B1G Tournament Games Thread*****

Davitt doing what Davitt does. Frustratingly inconsistent. Rarely a clean inning.

Going to need Beutel to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Davitt has been pretty damn solid all year. I know Iowa is losing, but not the time to take a cheap shot at a kid who has been loyal to the program and probably thrown his last pitch at Iowa.
Not a cheap shot by any means. Go through his outings. Rarely a clean inning. Consistently inconsistent. Far from unusual for him to get up 1-2 and 0-2 only to lose the batter to a walk. He is who he is. His outing today is a mirror of his season.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't believe that the get the dugout pitch, check wristband, long delay between pitches strategy helps Davitt. The "stuff" is there. He just can't harness it. Pitches his way into trouble because of his lack of control.

Very "modern" baseball game today.
15 of PSU's 24 outs have come via strikeouts.
13 of Iowa's 24 outs have come via strikeouts.

Didn't see Iowa losing today. Figured they had enough to win, but the PSU strategy of throwing their best arms and "the hell with the rest of the weekend" worked.

Back is against the wall now. They will play again tomorrow morning at 9 am.

If Iowa could some how win that game there is a chance they could face this same PSU team again tomorrow night. They have burned their 2 best pitchers.

Back is against the wall now. They will play again tomorrow morning at 9 am.

If Iowa could some how win that game there is a chance they could face this same PSU team again tomorrow night. They have burned their 2 best pitchers.

The dreaded 9 a.m. / 9 p.m. doubleheader.

ADVERTISEMENT