ADVERTISEMENT

*Official Iowa Field Hockey Thread 2022*

Still results to come through over the weekend with conference tournaments. I think Iowa will sneak in to the NCAA Tournament.

Games to keep an eye on..
St Joseph’s vs UMass
- SJU loss would them right with Iowa/LVille for the last couple at-large spots

Big East Tournament
Old Dominion vs Temple
Connecticut vs Liberty
- One of the 4 will get the autobid, but ODU and UConn will be in the conversation if they don’t win it.

Rutgers just can’t win the Big Ten Tournament. They face Northwestern at 5pm in the First Round.

Louisville and Iowa are IMO the last two teams in at the moment.
It's going to be a short post season if they can't score. I believe in the last 6 games they combined for 1 goal.

Iowa took the lead vs. Virginia, scoring with 34 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Halftime score: 1-0. Northwestern had to eke out a win in shootout vs Miami of Ohio. Michigan was upset. Penn State blew out Louisville 5-0. Maryland won.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Iowa took the lead vs. Virginia, scoring with 34 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Halftime score: 1-0. Northwestern had to eke out a win in shootout vs Miami of Ohio. Michigan was upset. Penn State blew out Louisville 5-0. Maryland won.
so they tied? What does that mean?

so they tied? What does that mean?
Iowa took the lead at halftime with the goal in the second quarter (there are four quarters in the game). Virginia did tie the game in the second half. The game went all the way to shootout as well. If you have a chance, you have to watch the replay of the shootout. It went through 12 rounds, with plenty of missed goals. But, Iowa's freshman goalkeeper saved three shots in a row and Iowa won the shootout in the end. Iowa will take on Northwestern next. Maybe they will revenge last year's loss to Northwestern in the quarterfinals.

Reactions: BDJHawk
Sorry, I have been exaggerating it a little bit. The shootout only went through 7 rounds, but it sure felt like 12. And Iowa's goalkeeper did stop the last three shots by Virginia. Really dramatic when watching it live.

Reactions: BDJHawk
Sorry, I have been exaggerating it a little bit. The shootout only went through 7 rounds, but it sure felt like 12. And Iowa's goalkeeper did stop the last three shots by Virginia. Really dramatic when watching it live.
Thanks,I looked up the score and it showed a 1-1tie after 4 quarters, but nothing about a shoot out.

Is our regular goalie out for the season? Sounds like the freshman has really stepped up!

Damn. Safe to say the season was disappointing?
Ultimately, the found themselves in the same spot that was expected to begin the season. They played two very good games in the NCAA Tournament. One was a shootout win and one was a loss.

The regular season was a disappointment given the expectations. Just never had enough on the offensive side down the stretch.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Ultimately, the found themselves in the same spot that was expected to begin the season. They played two very good games in the NCAA Tournament. One was a shootout win and one was a loss.

The regular season was a disappointment given the expectations. Just never had enough on the offensive side down the stretch.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT